NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I'm hoping the opening scenes follow Laura Palmer. Doing whatever. And I'm left dumbfounded as to whether she's alive or dead, and what the he'll is going on here?

I really expect the new series to have plenty of what the he'll is going on? moments.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Mordeen wrote:
Qubism wrote:I thought someone in the know said the very first shot of S3 will be a coffee cup thrown out of a window......... echoing the TV smashed at the start of FWWM.......

or did I dream this?
If the opening scene takes place before 9am in a trailer park this could be legit. Who knows.

-Mordeen
I love you Mordeen. I'll have it known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mordeen,nice profile picture :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Just a quote from Frost; "The seeds of where we go were planted where we've been."
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

krishnanspace wrote:Mordeen,nice profile picture :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

The last scene of the last episode plays out (Hows Annie).Screen fades to black."25 years later" says the title on screen.Screen fades out black.Screen fades in to a shabby looking Cooper with blood on his face looking into the mirror and smiling his his reflection(Agent BoB)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:The last scene of the last episode plays out (Hows Annie).Screen fades to black."25 years later" says the title on screen.Screen fades out black.Screen fades in to a shabby looking Cooper with blood on his face looking into the mirror and smiling his his reflection(Agent BoB)
Except my envisioning of the scene is that we don't see Bob's face. Just a wild, wild guess, but I thought maybe Lynch will want to keep us in suspense for a while as to 'which Coop' we're seeing. So he's looking in the mirror, but not for very long, as something calls him away, and we are left of wonder, 'Was Bob's face about to appear?'
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

mtwentz wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:The last scene of the last episode plays out (Hows Annie).Screen fades to black."25 years later" says the title on screen.Screen fades out black.Screen fades in to a shabby looking Cooper with blood on his face looking into the mirror and smiling his his reflection(Agent BoB)
Except my envisioning of the scene is that we don't see Bob's face. Just a wild, wild guess, but I thought maybe Lynch will want to keep us in suspense for a while as to 'which Coop' we're seeing.
This would be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

or...

The last scene of the last episode plays out ('How's Annie? How's Annie?') Screen fades to black."25 years later" says the title on screen.Screen fades out black. Screen fades in to the red room just as we saw in the infamous pilot dream sequence. Cooper and Laura get up and walk through the curtains into Glastonbury Grove. End teaser, cue opening titles.

I've not yet reached the conclusion of the second season on my rewatch, but isn't there mention that access to the grove entrance required some sort of celestial event which took place the night of the final episode? Maybe the show opens with another one.

Actually, watching the show back, there are loads of hints that things end up the way they do.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

It seems Rene Magritte painted a perfect opening for S3 in 1937. For those of you who aren't checking the TP reddit.
not-to-be-reproduced.jpg
not-to-be-reproduced.jpg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 8142 times
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Gabriel wrote:
or...

The last scene of the last episode plays out ('How's Annie? How's Annie?') Screen fades to black."25 years later" says the title on screen.Screen fades out black. Screen fades in to the red room just as we saw in the infamous pilot dream sequence. Cooper and Laura get up and walk through the curtains into Glastonbury Grove. End teaser, cue opening titles.

I've not yet reached the conclusion of the second season on my rewatch, but isn't there mention that access to the grove entrance required some sort of celestial event which took place the night of the final episode? Maybe the show opens with another one.

Actually, watching the show back, there are loads of hints that things end up the way they do.
Ya when Jupiter and Saturn meet
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

Soolsma wrote:It seems Rene Magritte painted a perfect opening for S3 in 1937. For those of you who aren't checking the TP reddit.

not-to-be-reproduced.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/rinaldozoontjes/
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Gabriel wrote:Actually, watching the show back, there are loads of hints that things end up the way they do.
Just rewatched Episode 2 last night, and got the distinct vibe that, when Coop wakes up from his dream at the end, DoppelCoop may have briefly slipped into his consciousness. Episode 2 is a brilliant hour of television, but I've always despised that ending (or, rather, the ending in conjunction with the way it pays off in the next episode) -- it's the laziest kind of fake-out cliffhanger, and worse, it makes Dale look incompetent and careless ("Yes, it CAN wait until morning." Next morning: "Uh, whoops, I forgot"). However, it's a lot more palatable if Cooper's first contact with the Lodge briefly turns a switch in him, as an omen of things to come. The fact that he seems to still be hearing music from the Lodge supports this, as well as his somewhat devious glare and deliberate delivery (which to my ear is slightly reminiscent of the end of Episode 29). Even the comical cowlick looks a bit like a demon/devil's horn.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

That's a fantastic insight, Reindeer. Though that wasn't MEANT to be the Lodge, the interpretation works so well in retrospect.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Actually, watching the show back, there are loads of hints that things end up the way they do.
Just rewatched Episode 2 last night, and got the distinct vibe that, when Coop wakes up from his dream at the end, DoppelCoop may have briefly slipped into his consciousness. Episode 2 is a brilliant hour of television, but I've always despised that ending (or, rather, the ending in conjunction with the way it pays off in the next episode) -- it's the laziest kind of fake-out cliffhanger, and worse, it makes Dale look incompetent and careless ("Yes, it CAN wait until morning." Next morning: "Uh, whoops, I forgot"). However, it's a lot more palatable if Cooper's first contact with the Lodge briefly turns a switch in him, as an omen of things to come. The fact that he seems to still be hearing music from the Lodge supports this, as well as his somewhat devious glare and deliberate delivery (which to my ear is slightly reminiscent of the end of Episode 29). Even the comical cowlick looks a bit like a demon/devil's horn.
Not to mention we heard the music and he did as well; he was snapping his fingers, a la Leland dancing or LMFAP..
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."