NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Ross »

polishq wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote: What does this mean?
Probably thinking of the bank vault scene.
Or the beginning of season 2...
Yeah I'm guessing the waiter scenes as well. Start of season 2/Ending of TP... Same difference... :lol:
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Rudagger wrote:
LateReg wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Screw that agent! :P

No seriously, don't artist's have their own creative control after all...?

Also interesting how it's being stated as "200 cameos"...
But the question is...how did her agent know it was one of 200 cameos? It doesn't seem likely that information was given. And even if Lynch didn't quite have a role in mind for her and was just reaching out and saying "are you interested in a small role?" that still doesn't explain how an agent, or Laura Harring for that matter, would know there it would be one small role amongst that many others. It seems to me her agent wanted her to hold out for a bigger role, and only now is Harring/her agent assuming that there are 200 cameos. Any thoughts on that, anyone?
I would think even Lynch would be upfront with whether they were looking at her for something that would require blocking six months of her time, or two days.

Anyway, I won't miss Laura Harring. Now Justin Theroux on the other hand, I'm still super bummed he's not showing up.
Right, but the question is mostly about the 200 cameos line. One of 200 cameos. Lynch had no need to be upfront about how many small roles he was looking to fill, would he? So what exactly is her statement based on? Pure conjecture based on the cast list? She nor her agent couldn't have known there were 200 cameos at the time she was asked to be involved, I wouldn't think.

Also, I agree about Theroux. Too bad.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

LateReg wrote:Right, but the question is mostly about the 200 cameos line. One of 200 cameos. Lynch wouldn't have been upfront about how many small roles he was looking to fill, would he? So what exactly is her statement based on? Pure conjecture based on the cast list? She nor her agent couldn't have known there were 200 cameos at the time she was asked to be involved, I wouldn't think.
I'm guessing her agent just wasn't interested in a very small role- which they would have known about. The part about there being many many other small roles probably was deduced later and didn't factor into the initial decision. That's my guess anyway.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Yeah Laura spoke about that on Brads podcast a good while ago as well. Pity, would have loved to have seen her in the new Twin Peaks.

btw for those who haven't checked it out yet Brads podcasts are great
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

the article says bonnie aarons will be in the new series, but she is not on the cast list
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

beano wrote:the article says bonnie aarons will be in the new series, but she is not on the cast list
Perhaps she is in a non-speaking roll, similar to her appearance in MD. Isn't the 217 Cast list only for speaking parts? Maybe I'm imagining that.
She is on the IMDB, not that that means a whole lot.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

JordinGoff wrote:
beano wrote:the article says bonnie aarons will be in the new series, but she is not on the cast list
Perhaps she is in a non-speaking roll, similar to her appearance in MD. Isn't the 217 Cast list only for speaking parts? Maybe I'm imagining that.
I don't think the cast list is only speaking parts. Bonnie has been rumored, but never confirmed. I honestly don't know if she's in it or not.
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Ross wrote:
JordinGoff wrote:
I don't think the cast list is only speaking parts. Bonnie has been rumored, but never confirmed. I honestly don't know if she's in it or not.
Yet another exciting mystery.
Oh, my mistake, I was thinking of this old post,
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new- ... haracters/
which may or may not be 100% accurate considering what was shot vs. what made the cut (as someone pointed out in this thread), and what was released as the cast list vs. the unknowable of what was actually shot. It's also possible that the number was an arbitrary estimate. Just finding things to wonder about at this point, I suppose.
Last edited by JordinGoff on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote:
"The original Twin Peaks ending, with the old man, was hysterical.”
What does this mean?
I concur.

As much as she liked the Black Lodge scenes, for days on afterward the friend I saw it with kept talking about Del Mibbler shuffling across the floor of the bank vault area :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

:mrgreen:
We live inside a dream.
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote:
"The original Twin Peaks ending, with the old man, was hysterical.”
What does this mean?
That or possibly Senor Droolcup's "one and the same" appearance in the lodge alongside the giant, the part with the coffee is pretty funny in it's own way.
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

helloboys wrote:Interesting interview with Laura Harring in which she discusses, essentially, turning down a role in the new season: http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandcult ... -interview
Interesting article! Though "200 cameos" and the ending of Twin Peaks sound a bit strange to me. I would have loved to see her in Twin Peaks though.

By the way, who do you think got the role originally meant for Laura Harring? My money is on Monica Bellucci: they are about same age, both beautiful femme-fatele-like brunettes with amazing figure.
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

That's pretty lame that the only reason Harring didn't get involved was because her agent wanted her to have a bigger role. Ah well.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

secretlettermkr wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
and you KNOW this or just think that is the case based on...?...
From Earth!! Today is 4/10/2017 and we still wait trailers. David Nevis said three months ago that No trailers. One person called David Lynch don´t want trailers or teaser and other person called Mark Frost don´t want teasers o trailers.

Is the subject clear enough?
so you know NOTHING.
You need to chill out
When someone asks me things with arrogance, I usually respond angry.
Do you know if there will be any teaser or trailer?
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Major Briggs wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
and you KNOW this or just think that is the case based on...?...
From Earth!! Today is 4/10/2017 and we still wait trailers. David Nevis said three months ago that No trailers. One person called David Lynch don´t want trailers or teaser and other person called Mark Frost don´t want teasers o trailers.

Is the subject clear enough?
*yawn*
yawn.
Last edited by Harry S. Truman on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.