NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Well, about that. My sources tell me that s3 is really more of a culinary travelogue than anything else, following roving gourmand Jerry Horne around the globe.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Perhaps the investigation into the murder of Jack's partner in Brazil leads to Argentina. . .

CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC, ANGELO!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

It all finally makes sense: Judy is John Justice Wheeler.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

That would certainly explain the desire to keep her out of it.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Hey do we know whether Maddy was related to Laura via Sarah or Leland? Depending on which, we might see doppelganger shenanigans with either Wise or Zabriskie playing a parent. Having both play them would be quite weird... but possible!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

love it
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Jerry Horne wrote:https://nyti.ms/2oyNMlJ
This part at the end is interesting:
Similarly, in these days of binging and streaming, [Lynch] is O.K. with however you want to watch it. He even suggests, with a smile, that the best approach may be to view the parts out of order. “You know, the projectionist once in awhile would make a mistake and put reel four before reel two or something,” he says. “People still made sense of it.”
Makes me wonder if some of the parts, the early ones especially, may be focused on specific characters in discrete locations, and therefore somewhat interchangeable. Like how The Leftovers will occasionally spend an entire episode with a single character's plotline.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

indyit wrote:Hey do we know whether Maddy was related to Laura via Sarah or Leland? Depending on which, we might see doppelganger shenanigans with either Wise or Zabriskie playing a parent. Having both play them would be quite weird... but possible!
I believe that Madeline's mom, Beth, is Sarah's sister, if I'm not mistaken. So Grace Zabriskie could be playing Beth!
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Hi all! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Many people have been talking about the lack of publicity, but I think articles like this are exactly the kind of thing that is going to attract the kinds of viewers that are likely to "accept" all of the Twin Peaks mythology. Let's face it, this new TP will never be the kind of show that's promoted on The Tonight Show. I don't think Showtime's trying to go after that kind of audience.

I, for one, am so pleased Showtime seems to not forcing Lynch to release any footage or divulge any information. The temptation would be too high for me to take a peek.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

Can I just say how thankful I am that Dugpa decided to axe the spoilers? I doubt I would've had the restraint to avoid that thread. But now, I'm sitting here seeing the clock count down to 39 days remaining, and still have absolutely no clue what's going to take place. That is a real treat.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

h2nho wrote:
Hi all! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Many people have been talking about the lack of publicity, but I think articles like this are exactly the kind of thing that is going to attract the kinds of viewers that are likely to "accept" all of the Twin Peaks mythology. Let's face it, this new TP will never be the kind of show that's promoted on The Tonight Show. I don't think Showtime's trying to go after that kind of audience.

I, for one, am so pleased Showtime seems to not forcing Lynch to release any footage or divulge any information. The temptation would be too high for me to take a peek.
Agree all round. The constant worrying that the lack of a precious, precious trailer might lose showtime some precious, precious newbies sometimes seems to verge on concern trolling tbh - mulholland drive was just voted best film of the 21st century so far and a 4K restoration is showing at cinemas here in the uk with attendant glowing coverage, I think it's safe to say this will find its audience and showtime will get what they want from it if it's any good at all (also while we're talking MD, it's worth noting that studiocanal didn't have the extra income of dolls and coasters and all the other junk associated with a cult tv show, but still came out ok)

The only real misstep in this campaign so far has been giving the official Twitter account to someone who doesn't seem to have seen the series, or indeed television, before imo
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

That article seems unusually short, like it was heavily edited. Weird to have Lynch there and have a short article after the more extensive GQ and EW coverage.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

djerdap wrote:That article seems unusually short, like it was heavily edited. Weird to have Lynch there and have a short article after the more extensive GQ and EW coverage.
I agree and had the same thought when I just read - it's very cool but surprisingly brief for a NY Times profile piece.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

djerdap wrote:That article seems unusually short, like it was heavily edited. Weird to have Lynch there and have a short article after the more extensive GQ and EW coverage.
Maybe the full version is only on paper. It says "A version of this article appears in print on April 23, 2017, ".