NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Twink Peaks »

underthefan wrote:
Interesting. Does that mean she doesn't have as large of a part as we thought?
hope not only kyle has a big role :?
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Twink Peaks wrote:
underthefan wrote:
Interesting. Does that mean she doesn't have as large of a part as we thought?
hope not only kyle has a big role :?
Yeah, same here. I would love it if Naomi had a major role as she's indisputably one of the greatest actresses of her generation.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I am pretty sure Naomi's just downplaying things a bit.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Her wording of "even I (have no idea what's going on)" seems to me to imply that she's framing herself as a paragon of sorts. Like in any other project the size of her role should by all means grant her a pretty thorough understanding of the situation.
tumblr_inline_opcgw6b2Br1qhu9cd_540.png
tumblr_inline_opcgw6b2Br1qhu9cd_540.png (247.47 KiB) Viewed 8683 times
Love the face of someone who's been asked to say anything at all about TPTR, btw.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

TPTR ... hmmm, I could work with that
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

IIRC Naomi said in an interview that she moved her family to the north to shoot Twin Peaks, so I don't think she had a small role...
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I hope you guys are right. I was really looking forward to a major presence from Naomi in TPTR...
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

IIRC Naomi wasn't announced as joining the cast until sometime in February of last year. I'm not sure if that means that is when she started filming though.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

And besides I really don't think Lynch would write a small part for Naomi. He knows how big she is and what what is her potencial.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

She went to Lynch's house to read along with Laura Dern. I don't think that would be the case for a small role.

Then again, I think that relatively speaking, everybody else will have a small role as opposed to Cooper.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

I'm surprised this is even a question. All the actors involved could be saying the same thing, sans MacLachlan.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

John Justice Wheeler wrote:I'm surprised this is even a question. All the actors involved could be saying the same thing, sans MacLachlan.
even maclachlan said that he doesnt know the whole story, i even remember him saying something about he do not know how it ends
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Love to see the Zabriskie recognition in this thread. She's the best. I think we might be in for one of her best performances, assuming the writing is good... oh boy. Can't believe how soon this thing is coming.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

BOB1 wrote:Interesting ideas about Sheryl Lee's come back here! Greek chorus, oh my... But:
happyrat98 wrote:Does anybody else think it's possible that Laura Palmer could be resurrected in some way?
Noooo. I am radical about characters that are dead. In my opinion in Ep.29 many people died: Pete and Andrew obviously, but Audrey too! And Ben's head blow was fatal.
Well, I mean, while The Secret History of Twin Peaks has plenty of continuity issues and what not, I feel it's pretty definitive in explaining who may have lived and died out of the characters listed, as well as the fates of a couple characters who's names aren't on the list (Hank, Catherine). I don't want to spoil though, if you really don't want to know.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

secretlettermkr wrote:
John Justice Wheeler wrote:I'm surprised this is even a question. All the actors involved could be saying the same thing, sans MacLachlan.
even maclachlan said that he doesnt know the whole story, i even remember him saying something about he do not know how it ends
Pretty sure he said (in the EW cover story, I think) that he read the entire script prior to filming, so I'm not sure that tracks.

Regarding Watts, what she said is pretty much the same thing that anyone else in the cast has said when asked about it.