NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by h2nho »

I found all of the GoldDerby videos pleasant and insightful. With this and the EW Facebook Live show, it seems like some interviewers really do know how to ask good questions.

I'm not going to post it on here because it'll probably be considered a spoiler, but GoldDerby's article on the premiere did confirm something that had never been officially confirmed (I believe) in terms of an actor. Not really the biggest spoiler, but still nice to get confirmation.
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

Rhodes wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:The important take away from that Dutch article is that the new Peaks has equal parts humor and horror, and that the audience laughed at all the right times.

Seems like that should relax some here. :D

I think that an even bigger thing to take away from the article is that it states very clearly that is has the samen feel/vibe as the original. If true, that is the single biggest piece of TP news since the announcement of the return. Much, much bigger news than information about this or that actor (not) returning.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though, that the reviewer is wrong or that it will be increasingly dark and abstract from part 3/4 on. I would be extremely dissapointed if the entire Return feels familiar to the first seasons.

I'm staying positive for now. Lynch himself said that season 2 sucked. So I'm confident that the old mistakes will not be repeated and that we will see a higher quality show.
I think you'll be very happy with that Price Peterson rundown then :wink:
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Didn't we see a picture of them on set, having a great time together?

Also, I take equal parts horror and humor to be saying the same thing as "feels like the original."

I don't think that means it's going to be stylistically exactly the same as a show in the 90s though. It's going to be Twin Peaks, but in an advanced style.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

BEARisonFord wrote:
Rhodes wrote: Am I the only one who's sensing tension between the two? It's nothing more than reading between the lines, of course. But I get the impression that they are far from inseparable.

The guy interviewing the cast did not mention Mark a single time by the way. It was all David, David, David.
I mean, based on what? This is basically all conjecture and trying to squeeze something out of a whole lot of nothing. None of us are privy to what their personal or professional relationship is or isn't.
Based on the fact that David did not read Mark's book and was a bit blunt about it. On the fact that they never appear in public together (as opposed to for example Kyle and Laura, who show great chemistry!). On the fact that everyone is extremely warm when it comes to Lynch, except for Mark? On the fact that Lynch suggested that Mark was merely a ""cowriter". On the fact that they have a history.

But of course, you're right. In the end, it is conjecture.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Rhodes wrote: Based on the fact that David did not read Mark's book and was a bit blunt about it. On the fact that they never appear in public together (as opposed to for example Kyle and Laura, who show great chemistry!). On the fact that everyone is extremely warm when it comes to Lynch, except for Mark? On the fact that Lynch suggested that Mark was merely a ""cowriter". On the fact that they have a history.

But of course, you're right. In the end, it is conjecture.
Lynch is and always has been a blunt dude. I just think it's a tad irresponsible to put forth theories like this when you literally just don't know and have absolutely no insight to knowing. It's shortsighted and kind of sucks.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

It's a business, that's the vibe I get out of the both of them when it comes to working together. They like doing it but outside aren't really friends or anything. That doesn't mean there's tension & such. They made the decision to bring back Twin Peaks over a dinner together when Mark was in California and then wrote the rest over Skype sessions. Back in the day they did it over the phone with primitive text software. I don't see the need to dig too deep into this like some kind of Hollywood drama, I don't see any mystique in it.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

BTW read the translated article and I'm scared of them not mentioning whether or not corded phones make an in-use appearance by the cast. A corded phone and other related pieces of technology should not be in a film made for consumption in the current year and will only date it. I'm biting my nails here...
counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

counterpaul wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I'm not reading that article and would appreciate if no one posted what he wrote in it until after tomorrow night.
Same here. Please keep this thread safe! I like hanging out here as we wait, but perhaps it would be best to leave until Sunday night. On the fence.
In fact, would it maybe be appropriate to create a "Spoiler-ish Reactions to the Premier" thread for this kind of stuff?
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

Just now on Mashable -

"But before we dive in, here's what I do feel at liberty to say about those episodes we saw: Lynch has lost nothing. In fact, he's learned some new tricks, refined his old ones, maybe even found the height of his powers. This is no mere revisitation; there is new ground broken. And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good. You're going to need them."

http://mashable.com/2017/05/20/twin-pea ... 23guXxHiq3
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I am a bit confused on the current spoiler policy. Are we allowed to post them in the "no spoilers" thread as long as we use spoiler tags?

Please let me know. I don't want to be banned in the black lodge.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

anyone think TSHOTP is now making more sense to some fans? :?: :)
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Definite spoilery article... I like the content, but I feel I shouldn't have read it...
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Skip Bittman
Roadhouse Member

Post by Skip Bittman »

They just removed some of the casting spoilage and removed the comments yelling at them for said spoilage.

That mashable quote is exactly what we need to hear the day before! The thought of a massive David Lynch movie to enjoy over a summer almost makes up for the rest of 2017.
Last edited by Skip Bittman on Sat May 20, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Judge Giant wrote:Just now on Mashable -

"But before we dive in, here's what I do feel at liberty to say about those episodes we saw: Lynch has lost nothing. In fact, he's learned some new tricks, refined his old ones, maybe even found the height of his powers. This is no mere revisitation; there is new ground broken. And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good. You're going to need them."

http://mashable.com/2017/05/20/twin-pea ... 23guXxHiq3

This is the kind of talk I was hoping for! I'm absolutely positive there will be fans or casual tv people who will say that the new TP isn't anything special etc....But if this article is 50% true I think the majority of us will be thrilled! :o
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Venus wrote:Does anyone know why Rob Morrow and his wife Debbon Ayer were there? All I can think is Northern Exposure is a tenuous link but surely there must be more of a link?
He looks amazing! Hasn't aged a day since "Northern Exposure".
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.