NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

polishq
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by polishq »

Mace wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Lol. Go figure...
Have you ever gone back to watch the old “Twin Peaks”?

Lynch: Sure.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/twin-p ... 201818889/
Haha! But Lynch's answer may depend on how Lynch defines "old Twin Peaks."

- Could be The Pilot.
- Could be The Pilot and Season 1.
- Could be The Pilot, Season 1 and first half of Season 2.
- Could be Lynch answers questions based on how the wind is blowing (though the trees.)
Also, "have you EVER gone back to watch" is different from "did you watch the old seasons in preparation for writing the new one?"
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

Rainwater wrote:
Mallard wrote:
Lol! After this and the "will they? won't they?" on a 4th season, I have to wonder if we can trust anything out of his mouth right now.
I honestly don't see how it's a contradiction to what he said before.
Technically it isn't, I suppose, but I would say it gives a different impression than the prior quote on the topic.

I still find it humurous though, especially after yesterday's fretting over continuity and whatnot.
Welcome...to the third...place.
ShaunDLondon

Post by ShaunDLondon »

My new piece for the UK Huffington Post -enjoy :D
(Season 1/2 and FWWM spoilers)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/shaun-d ... 68046.html
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Sorry, I was just being a bit facetious. I should have inserted an emoji. :lol:

Seriously, I think at one point in time he probably watched the whole show. I like all of Twin Peaks and while at times the quality dips in Season 2 it ends with a wonderful conclusion that has been resonating for the past 25+ years
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

ShaunDLondon wrote:My new piece for the UK Huffington Post -enjoy :D
(Season 1/2 and FWWM spoilers)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/shaun-d ... 68046.html
Really great article, thanks!

I like how you UKers use 'series' instead of 'season'. That would end the debate here in the U.S. whether the TP 2017 is 'Season 3' or 'a new series'.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So my Now TV box arrived today. Spent 2-3 hours setting it up. Turns out the box won't work. Have to return it to Amazon and order another one. Drat - looks like after all that I'll have to watch it on my laptop, as I don't think the second box will arrive now in time. Oh well. Anyone else watching it on a laptop? Also, there's still no listing for the new show on Now TV. Shouldn't it be up there by now?
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Jonah wrote: Anyone else watching it on a laptop? Also, there's still no listing for the new show on Now TV. Shouldn't it be up there by now?
I don't think it will show up until either just before or once it's aired. With some shows it shows a greyed out box and a time when the episode becomes available but that doesn't apply for everything.
ShaunDLondon

Post by ShaunDLondon »

Thank you mtwentz glad you enjoyed. Yes 'series' tends to get used more here- although these days the two seem to have become interchangeable. I guess we should be calling it 'a film in 18 parts' but that is a tad long-winded.

Best wishes to you from rainy London :D
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

polishq wrote: Also, "have you EVER gone back to watch" is different from "did you watch the old seasons in preparation for writing the new one?"
That's what I thought too
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks to the mod who cleared up all of that.

So, back on topic, does anyone think we will get another new teaser?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Jonah wrote:Thanks to the mod who cleared up all of that.

So, back on topic, does anyone think we will get another new teaser?
I do. We've had one a week for the last three weeks, and they want to keep the momentum going into the premiere, so it seems like a no-brainer. I just hope it doesn't give away too much, because I won't be able to resist watching it.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Two people whom I've grown curious about in the last few days are Mike and Ashley Judd

I know Mike isn't everyone's favorite character (Myself included) But for as much of a ridiculous storlyine as him dating Nadine was I think the change in character actually benefited him and made him more three dimensional. I wonder if Lynch will have him still pinning after Nadine or if that will be completely wiped out. Based on what happened in the final I tend to believe the latter but I'm curious where they go with his character. My guess is like the original he has a very small role but I'm still curious to see where it goes.

Secondly Ashley Judd is a pretty big name we haven't talked about or heard from lately. I know early on it was widely speculated she could be playing Donna but I believe that has since been shot down. Curious to see what size role she has as well.
My prediction on Mike: He's the mayor of Twin Peaks.

Regarding Ashley Judd, I don't know if it's a small cameo or significant role. A friend of my was taking her lunch break outside and saw her filming a scene. I leave it at that.......
Last edited by mfleite on Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Brad D wrote:
Esselgee wrote:It would be pretty weird to not get a trailer with some dialogue from Cooper. Has there ever been a TV show where the main character didn't speak in any promos before the show ran? But this is TP so...
The last few seasons of Mad Men had no trailer whatsoever.

Matt Weiner was a stickler with that though spoilers were on social media after the L.A. Premiere of the final season.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

I think there will definitely be one more. Probably in a similar vein to the last two, with the quick flashes of characters.

What would really push it over the edge is if we could get some new music to go with it. It feels a bit unreal to have seen glimpses of what Lynch's done with the show and still not have a Badalamenti composition to go along with it. I really hope that the involvement of umpteen artists hasn't reduced Angelo's input.

I did think that at times TP repeated the same tunes a little too much so I welcome the possibility that having other contributors could add more variety.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

secretlettermkr wrote:
... Amy Shiels, the only newcomer to appear in every new episode,....
:
http://floodmagazine.com/44341/breaking-amy-shiels/