NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

indyit
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by indyit »

Cool, was just curious. Frost was pretty much the showrunner for most of the previous seasons, so he had his mark on most of the show. This makes it sound like he's had no involvement in editing or post production (which iirc fits with how little he was involved in those stages previously outside the season 1 finale which he directed). Was curious to know if he was actively involved with the shoot or if he only worked on the script. Glad to hear he didn't pass on the opportunity to see the shoot/being available for any changes/spontaneity etc.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Great article, and pretty much the biggest amount of info we got from the press so far. Which amounts to very little, heh. But the Watts/Belushi quotes about their characters are intriguing.
Watts implies that it cost her financially and emotionally to move her family cross-country just to be back under what Justin Theroux calls Lynch’s “umbrella.”
The above quote makes me speculate that Watts' role is indeed very significant, since I doubt she would do that if her role was small or even a supporting one.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

djerdap wrote:Great article, and pretty much the biggest amount of info we got from the press so far. Which amounts to very little, heh. But the Watts/Belushi quotes about their characters are intriguing.
Watts implies that it cost her financially and emotionally to move her family cross-country just to be back under what Justin Theroux calls Lynch’s “umbrella.”
The above quote makes me speculate that Watts' role is indeed very significant, since I doubt she would do that if her role was small or even a supporting one.
It also makes me think a lot of the bigger name actors in the enterprise are not being paid their market worth.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Wonderful, wonderful article.

I found this part to be one of the most interesting bits:
“David is an artist who I think has struggled with a lot of things, and I think he’s made a lot of art out of his struggle,” Frost says, not unconvincingly.
When I put Frost’s assertion to Lynch, there is a slight pause, but he doesn’t squeeze his eyes shut this time; instead he stares at the floor and, for the first time in our conversation, seems genuinely thrown.
“What did he think I struggle with?” he says thoughtfully. “That’s interesting. That’s beautiful.”
So he has no idea what Frost is talking about?
Lynch shakes his head. “I really love life and am very happy,” he says. “I’m wondering what he knows that I don’t know.” He adds, “You know, a lot of times when people say these things, they’re really talking about themselves.”
Do you think that last line from Lynch is a jab at Frost or what? The dynamic between those two is fascinating.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I think the largest roles are going to be Kyle, Watts, Dern, Forster and possibly Sheryl.

As far as pay, I think everyone other than Kyle may have been paid a minimum.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Everyone except Kyle received the same rate.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by DirkG »

Panapaok wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
indyit wrote:
Thanks for the link - great read, even if a lot of it is familiar.

Is this maybe from that photo shoot we heard about a few weeks ago? There are quotes from a lot of the cast which I've never seen before and seem new and post-filming the show, with some possibly from the shoot, which suggests they may have been there, or the interviewer called all of them up separately (which seems a little unlikely).

Looks like it might have been a press event with GQ's focus being on Lynch, with EW or some other publication having exclusive rights for shooting the cast. Love the random Questlove quotes. A little surprised to hear Frost hasn't seen the finished product, anyone know whether Frost was on set during shooting?

Also Chateau Marmont, what a Lynch place for an interview/shoot.
I could swear some Dugpa posters on site in Washington wrote that Frost had his own trailer during filming there in late 2015.
Frost was seen many times on location in Washington State. It seems he just hasn't seen all the episodes in their final form.
Was he ever seen on a set outside from the ones in Washington? I got the impression that he went on to work on The Secret History after a while and left Lynch alone to do the shooting (he said something to that effect in one interview). I'm curious to what extent he left the set though, and if he was on any occasion seen on set in the mid to later stages of the shooting.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey Horne wrote:Everyone except Kyle received the same rate.
Thanks for the confirmation Audrey. I thought that was the case.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Snailhead wrote:Wonderful, wonderful article.

I found this part to be one of the most interesting bits:
“David is an artist who I think has struggled with a lot of things, and I think he’s made a lot of art out of his struggle,” Frost says, not unconvincingly.
When I put Frost’s assertion to Lynch, there is a slight pause, but he doesn’t squeeze his eyes shut this time; instead he stares at the floor and, for the first time in our conversation, seems genuinely thrown.
“What did he think I struggle with?” he says thoughtfully. “That’s interesting. That’s beautiful.”
So he has no idea what Frost is talking about?
Lynch shakes his head. “I really love life and am very happy,” he says. “I’m wondering what he knows that I don’t know.” He adds, “You know, a lot of times when people say these things, they’re really talking about themselves.”
Do you think that last line from Lynch is a jab at Frost or what? The dynamic between those two is fascinating.
I love both of them,i dont want any tension between.With great difficulty we just have 59 more days.Please no more problems,please!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I didn't see it as a jab. I think Lynch and Frost just connect the way they connect. I think if there was tension these days we'd see it, as IIRC Frost never hid it too well back in the day. It's almost as though one is left brain, one right, but it works for them.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Only 2 months to go...I have never been more excited for any show ever....its been a long wait since finding out Twin Peaks would return. I for one still have trouble coming to terms with Cooper confronting the Black Lodge with imperfect courage....I hope season 3 helps me accept what happened to Cooper or the good Coop finds a way out of the Black Lodge.....I'm also hoping Laura Palmer will be a main focus of the story again.

However, I'm ready to watch a Twin Peaks that isn't what i expect or hope...I'm open to enjoying it even if its not the Twin Peaks I want or am used to. But I do admit there are things I'm hoping for that I most likely will not receive.

David Lynch is a rare true artist in my eyes...I don't think I could be more excited for any other TV show or movie...its a dream come true to have new Twin Peaks to watch in only 2 months from now :)

love this forum as well
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ross wrote:I think the largest roles are going to be Kyle, Watts, Dern, Forster and possibly Sheryl.
Hmmmm, I'm expecting some younger cast members to have central roles as well.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote:
Ross wrote:I think the largest roles are going to be Kyle, Watts, Dern, Forster and possibly Sheryl.
Hmmmm, I'm expecting some younger cast members to have central roles as well.
Miguel Ferrer and David Lynch should be on this list, one might assume.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

mtwentz wrote:
indyit wrote:
Jaipeur wrote:http://www.gq.com/story/david-lynch-twin-peaks-profile

Interview with Lynch... Just reading it now.
Thanks for the link - great read, even if a lot of it is familiar.

Is this maybe from that photo shoot we heard about a few weeks ago? There are quotes from a lot of the cast which I've never seen before and seem new and post-filming the show, with some possibly from the shoot, which suggests they may have been there, or the interviewer called all of them up separately (which seems a little unlikely).

Looks like it might have been a press event with GQ's focus being on Lynch, with EW or some other publication having exclusive rights for shooting the cast. Love the random Questlove quotes. A little surprised to hear Frost hasn't seen the finished product, anyone know whether Frost was on set during shooting?

Also Chateau Marmont, what a Lynch place for an interview/shoot.
I could swear some Dugpa posters on site in Washington wrote that Frost had his own trailer during filming there in late 2015.
Frost was on set all the time, at least from what I witnessed in North Bend. I talked to him a few times. Very nice man... very happy to be back and grateful to the community.
We live inside a dream.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

Given your inside information I would class that as a presumption, not an assumption - but a very welcome one at that.