NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Judge Giant »

Gabriel wrote:
Judge Giant wrote:How about Naomi as Diane...
Diane Selwyn... :o
I had wondered whether any characters from other Lynch material might show up, such as Fred Madison. Unlikely, but who knows?

Diane Selwyn being that Diane would require Mulholland Dr to have been set some years earlier than we assume in order for Coop to have the implied strong relationship with Diane.
As you say, unlikely, but something fun to theorise about. I've always been fascinated by the recurring motifs (both visual and narrative) in certain Lynch films. Then there's Lynch stating that Lost Highway could take place in the same universe as Twin Peaks, and of course the unforgettable Club Silencio scene in Mulholland Drive. Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire all have aspects that apply to this train of thought.

Now we have Balthazar Getty, Naomi Watts and Laura Dern all set to appear, alongside several other cast members from previous films - especially Mulholland Drive.

All of this reminds me of https://garmonblogzia.wordpress.com/201 ... se-part-1/

*takes tin foil hat off* Again, I'd put my house on there being nothing in this, and it being nothing more than Lynch liking particular motifs/actors and using them numerous times. But still - I find the concept intriguing.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
brablay

Post by brablay »

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/03/gypsy-naomi ... s-netflix/
You’re also working on another TV project: Twin Peaks! What can you tease?
I’ve been sworn to secrecy! I can tell you that I just did a photo shoot with Kyle MacLachlan, so I’m definitely in Twin Peaks. I’m thrilled that I got another experience on set with David Lynch. It’s not like I’m holding secrets here; I don’t have a huge amount of information to tell you because, even on set, we were working with just pages, and sometimes on those pages, other people’s lines were blacked out. Like, if you entered a scene and people were talking before you, those lines were blacked out. I worked for about three weeks. Whether or not he put that all in one episode or spread it out over time, I have no idea!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

So Naomi's role can't be that big if she only worked for 3 weeks?
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

That must have been so challenging for the actors to work with pages of just their dialogue! Imagine only knowing your lines and no one else's.. you'd have to really take some leaps of faith to try and form what you think the story is so you can build the performance. Wow .. this show is going to be something else.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

musicaddict wrote:So Naomi's role can't be that big if she only worked for 3 weeks?
It depends on how much she filmed. 3 full weeks could easily make up a decent amount of screentime.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Panapaok wrote:
musicaddict wrote:So Naomi's role can't be that big if she only worked for 3 weeks?
It depends on how much she filmed. 3 full weeks could easily make up a decent amount of screentime.
Do you think? I mean it was around 7 months of filming, it just seems really short in comparison. Hopefully you are correct and these scenes are spread out across the season.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

musicaddict wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Do you think? I mean it was around 7 months of filming, it just seems really short in comparison. Hopefully you are correct and these scenes are spread out across the season.
Well, filming may have lasted 7 months but they filmed only 140 days, which is less than 5. We can't really know for sure how that translates on screentime, it depends also on how much was left on the cutting room floor.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

For me, the amount of screen time doesn't really affect how powerful or important a role is.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Soolsma wrote:For me, the amount of screen time doesn't really affect how powerful or important a role is.
For instance, the Log Lady! :o This is also particularly true of characters who are more like figurants, such as the lodge spirits.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Can't wait to see her photoshoot with Kyle.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

AXX°N N. wrote: For instance, the Log Lady!
Indeed! I was looking for a good example. Hers is probably most on point. Little screen time, yet one of the most iconic characters.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

1:10

:lol:
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Twink Peaks wrote:1:10

:lol:
She's really funny! Used to watch Suburgatory a few years ago.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Bloodflood wrote: She's really funny! Used to watch Suburgatory a few years ago.
weird how amanda, jane and hailey look like actual twins tho :lol:
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Mistertom wrote:That must have been so challenging for the actors to work with pages of just their dialogue! Imagine only knowing your lines and no one else's.. you'd have to really take some leaps of faith to try and form what you think the story is so you can build the performance. Wow .. this show is going to be something else.
Not unusual for Lynch, he's done a number of very unconventional things like this before. During Inland Empire he'd regularly just feed actors lines while shooting (i.e. he'd say them, the actors would remember it, then say it)