Overall Theory

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

di4u

Overall Theory

Post by di4u »

Hi all...am new to the forum. I love Twin Peaks (obviously) and recently watched the series and FWWM again, in preparation for the Showtime resurgence. I came up with an overall theory today that I wanted to share. I now believe Agent Cooper is behind it all...as a serial killer and/or paranoid schizophrenic. I think all episodes besides the Season 2 finale were a dream or paranoid delusion...characters could be people he killed or his multiple personalities. He killed Laura Palmer and maybe many others, or they are figments. "I will see you in 25 years" may signify his prison sentence for murder. He will be seen in 25 years when he is either released from prison or is up for parole. Not sure if he is a sociopath, insane, or possessed. Maybe this is way off but wanted to share.
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Re: Overall Theory

Post by snoghumangerm »

Interesting concept. Who knows?
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

hm, interesting, will Cooper be the next BOB? nice agent Cooper, then a dark side with BOB in his body/soul? maybe a silly question, just a thought.
di4u

Post by di4u »

There very well could be BOB/Cooper run. Maybe Cooper isn't an agent at all and is really BOB...who has killed, been arrested, and has done time for the evil he has unleashed. Now it is time to face the music. Maybe the real Cooper is the one who caught BOB and BOB is in a fantasy world, believing he is an F.B.I. agent. Don't really know but I do believe the owl is not what it seems. "In a town like Twin Peaks, no one is innocent..."