Bobby Briggs in Season 3...

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vtr1974

Bobby Briggs in Season 3...

Post by vtr1974 »

Watching possibly my favorite scene in television history yet again tonight (Garland and Bobby bond over his vision), started me thinking about Bobby's role in the upcoming season and the possibility of him becoming more of a central character....

With the passing of Don S. Davis, this would be a great way to carry on the Briggs legacy. I would also love to see one more ally on the side of the White Lodge...

Maybe his vision is even central to the following season! Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but this scene has always seemed oddly out of place, and just full of so much emotion that never was never really duplicated between Bobby and Garlan again in the series..

What a wild ride it's going to be!
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Re: Bobby Briggs in Season 3...

Post by FauxOwl »

I also would like to see the discussion between Bobby and Major Briggs at the Double R be a guiding point for what the character of Bobby becomes. This is one of those places where Mark Frost's novel will be very useful... we aren't going to be able to see the full extent of how Bobby changed from what he was as a teenager to something that fulfills Major Briggs vision (if that happens)... maybe we see the end of that transformation, but all the nuances of it would be better explored in detail in the novel.
euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

I hope that we'll see Bobby as a Deputy or at least as a Bookhouse-Boy member.
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

euro wrote:I hope that we'll see Bobby as a Deputy or at least as a Bookhouse-Boy member.
I hope he's married to Shelly and that Shelly is the town sheriff!
vtr1974

Post by vtr1974 »

Really like the idea of Bobby as a Deputy, acutally!
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Post by HoodedMatt »

I'm a little conflicted about what I'd like to see for Bobby.

On the one hand, I like the idea of Deputy Bobby as I can totally see him wanting to redress the balance that his killing the Deer Meadow deputy knocked out of kilter. Justice may not have been served in the traditional sense, but he can try and make Twin Peaks a better place and maybe try and stop another Laura Palmer from happening - remember his anger at the funeral about everyone knowing something was up and not helping?

On the other hand, I like the idea of Bobby being on a journey to the man that Garland knew he would be. I kind of want to see Bobby still struggling with his demons and working towards Garland's vison. He could be a BookHouse Boy in this version, earning the trust of Harry and Hawk before they will let him become a deputy. It'll be a bit more interesting than having him already at the end point, I think anyway.

Whatever has happened to him over the years, he and Shelly need to be together!
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

vtr1974 wrote:Watching possibly my favorite scene in television history yet again tonight (Garland and Bobby bond over his vision), started me thinking about Bobby's role in the upcoming season and the possibility of him becoming more of a central character....

With the passing of Don S. Davis, this would be a great way to carry on the Briggs legacy. I would also love to see one more ally on the side of the White Lodge...

Maybe his vision is even central to the following season! Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but this scene has always seemed oddly out of place, and just full of so much emotion that never was never really duplicated between Bobby and Garlan again in the series..

What a wild ride it's going to be!
A poster after my own heart....yeah!!!!!! :-)

This is my favourite Twin Peaks scene of all...it is divine. Mjr Briggs 'the white lodger' of the TP universe...so sad that he (Don) has gone, he surely would've been central in anything ongoing, at least imo.

Bobby and Pops at the diner...it really might just be the greatest single TV scene in history.
Bobby is really great here...his silence speaks volumes.

I saw Bobby at the UK Fest and he is a very down to earth guy...I wanted to thank him for this 'scene' (Thanks Dana/Bobby) but I got sidetracked by Laura and the 'silencio' scene debate...she was still having a bit of a mental double-take about it, even as I was walking away. :-)

Laura (Sheryl) looked great btw...she really defies her 47 years and still has a freshness about her.