Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/characters

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/charact

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jasper wrote:
Esselgee wrote:I heard a live interview with Chris Isaak today on EW Radio. They asked him if David Lynch had talked to him at all about the new Twin Peaks. Isaak said that he hadn't talked to Lynch about it. It didn't sound like he was hiding anything. I would think that if Chet Desmond were to appear that Isaak would have gotten some word by now.
DAMMIT! :x

EDIT:
If Chester Desmond remains MIA for season three, I'm just going to go ahead and consider it material for a fourth season or a film.
Doesn't mean Desmond won't be mentioned, or his disappearence won't be explained.
Still would love to see him :(
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Esselgee wrote:I heard a live interview with Chris Isaak today on EW Radio. They asked him if David Lynch had talked to him at all about the new Twin Peaks. Isaak said that he hadn't talked to Lynch about it. It didn't sound like he was hiding anything. I would think that if Chet Desmond were to appear that Isaak would have gotten some word by now.
DAMMIT! :x

EDIT:
If Chester Desmond remains MIA for season three, I'm just going to go ahead and consider it material for a fourth season or a film.
Doesn't mean Desmond won't be mentioned, or his disappearence won't be explained.
Still would love to see him :(
I'm hoping he IS mentioned but that the disappearance ISN'T explained! Though I think it would be cool to see Chris Isaak in some capacity.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

I’ve been dipping my toes into the spoiler thread, something I thought inconceivable just a fortnight ago. The wait is crushing…

If anything, I somehow have even less of an idea of what to expect whilst also being somehow MORE fixated on season 3.

Anyway, to my point: I’m getting extremely close to the most recent TMZ spoilers, of which I wish to know nothing (indications point towards plot), so I have a favour to ask – is there any indication of who might be playing ‘Renzo’? That name is almost Gabbo-esque in its intrigue! If there is a ‘Renzo’s Gang Buddy’, then I assume Renzo is the leader of said gang, a role I can see Knepper owning with gusto.

I’m sort of hoping we don’t see Desmond, given how much I like the FWWM prologue-as-Cooper’s-dream theory, to which end I see his disappearance as a foreshadowing of Cooper’s ill-fated descent into the Lodge.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'd really like to see Desmond, whether or not anything is explained about his disappearance (which, like Jeffries' disappearance, seems to involve finding the ring). It's very possible that Desmond's soul was utterly annihilated, so he may be gone for good. Then again, he could be wandering about the lodge. I wonder how he'd fare in there. He didn't necessarily have the overt spiritual awareness of Coop, but one could probably make a case for Desmond being more spiritually integrated than Coop, in terms of his darker and lighter sides working as a complete unit. When it comes down to getting a little rough for the greater good, he does it with calm self-assurance, not rage or malice. Maybe when Desmond's scary doppelganger comes running at him, Desmond calmly twists its nose until it cries uncle. :lol:

Desmond or no Desmond, I trust in Lynch and Frost. If Desmond's not there, and Isaak's available, then Desmond's simply not supposed to be in season three.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I'm sure other people have noticed this, but it's just occurred to me that desmond twisting the deputy's nose mirrors cooper affectionately tweaking truman's. Fits in quite nicely with the deer meadow section as a kind of travesty/nightmare version of TP
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

whoa that's great, did not notice that!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Dalai Cooper wrote:I'm sure other people have noticed this, but it's just occurred to me that desmond twisting the deputy's nose mirrors cooper affectionately tweaking truman's. Fits in quite nicely with the deer meadow section as a kind of travesty/nightmare version of TP
dud wrote:whoa that's great, did not notice that!
I concur, and I hadn't noticed it either, even though it was right there in front of my...oh, never mind. Anyway, I'm sure it's been noticed before, but not by me.

We can't know that it was intentional with 100% certainty, but it's a fantastic way of seeing Cooper and Desmond both in terms of their similarities and differences. The fact that Lynch directed episode 2, which features the nose grab, bolsters the argument that the parallel was intentional, as does the fact that in both cases it's an FBI man (with great hair) heading out to a semi-rural area and tweaking the nose of local law enforcement. It also fits very well with theme of Deer Meadow being a sort of a shadow self of the town of Twin Peaks.

As I recall, the first nose grab was an improvisation by Kyle, so we may have him to thank for starting the whole thing.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

There's a theory that Coop and Desmond are aspects of the same person anyway. Much as Deer Meadow is the opposite of Twin Peaks, Chester Desmond (CD) is the mirror of Dale Cooper (DC.) Both the series and My Life My Tapes basically heavily implied or stated that Cooper investigated the whole Teresa Banks case and had Kyle not distanced himself from the film he would have been there throughout the first section of the film.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Judging by a video currently doing the rounds on social media, Macaulay Culkin would make a rather convincing BOB. :lol:
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Jennifer Jason Leigh and Amanda Seyfried are perfect additions to the Peaks verse. Very excited.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

Can I please ask why Laura Dern is stated alongside Jennifer Jason Leigh, a picture of whom has been seen? As far as I was aware, Dern's participation has been rumoured solely because of something she said well before the pre production period - even the announcement - in regards to working with Lynch on his next project.

I don't want to appear pedantic - I just recently re-watched INLAND EMPIRE and I'm now getting my hopes up!
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

hmm well if i remember correctly, before the new season was even announced, laura dern said she was going to be working on a big film project with david in the near future that a lot of people would be psyched about, and the only project that's been announced since then is twin peaks so unless he's got something else in the pipeline (which seems unlikely because of how large of an undertaking twin peaks is), then laura dern was presumably talking about twin peaks. plus the picture of JJL isn't great quality, therefore it's not enough evidence to confirm her participation. so i guess that might be the poster's rationale for putting them in the same category, which i'd agree with. neither are confirmed, but both are likely
crossoverman

Post by crossoverman »

Laura Dern and Sherilyn Fenn seem to be confirmed now.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Obviously this is crew, but, is it worth putting Duwayne Dunham and Peter Deming down as Editor and D.O.P. respectively?

Might be nice for any new comers to just have all that information together on this main page as well.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I'm so saddened now having just read of the death of David Bowie. :( Unless something was already filmed, we won't be seeing Phillip Jeffries again.

Second Twin Peaks actor to die from cancer since the new show started filming.