Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Post by Mordeen »

I'm chomping at the bit to find out who the mystery guest is going to be.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Yeah - cant wait - three weeks away!
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

If you're hoping to get an autograph from each celebrity guest, make sure to bring an extra $240.00. 3 weeks from the fest and they're just now announcing that there will be a cost to get autographs......wonder if there's an extra charge for photos now too?
A salamander spit donuts.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

sugarhigh wrote:If you're hoping to get an autograph from each celebrity guest, make sure to bring an extra $240.00. 3 weeks from the fest and they're just now announcing that there will be a cost to get autographs......wonder if there's an extra charge for photos now too?
Where was this announced?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The fest organizers posted on the private TP Fest facebook page "The days of free autographs and photos are quickly fading. . ." and went on to announce that indeed some (perhaps not all) of the celebrity guests will be charging for autographs and/or photos this year. They're scrambling to put together a list of who and how much.

It certainly is disappointing, and will be tough on folks who had to break the bank to get there in the first place. My family of four dropped $1300 just for tickets, and if all four of us went ahead with our plans to get autographs from everyone, that would be a lot more money to spend.

Bleh.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

When this year's fest was announced they stated that there would only be 1 autograph per person with the possibility of being able to purchase additional signatures. This didn't seem so bad and was announced I think before tickets went on sale. Changing it 3 weeks prior to the event is BS. To be clear, I don't have a problem with the actors charging a fee, pulling this shit last minute isn't cool. People could have cut their stay a day or two to offset the cost. And at this point all of the details still haven't been worked out. I'll be really pissed if pictures are an additional charge separate from signatures.
Was looking forward to all the cool stuff the vendors have to sell, but will have to skip making any purchases from them at the fest.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

You're correct, the autograph limit announcement was well in advance of the tix going on sale, and I agree that it's bunk to wait to announce this change until the 11th hour.

I'm additionally disappointed in that this is my first time there. There are a ton of regular attendees who are up to their armpits in autographs and photo ops that they got for free. Hell, many of the folks have developed personal relationships with some of the celebs, and my sorry ass may have to pay for the memories. Booooooo!

I'm more leaning toward foregoing autographs in favor of the unique merch. However, I'm very sad for my 11 year old daughter who made her 5th grade art project a painting of an owl in the Black Lodge motif SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of having cast members sign it.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
OpeningCreditsBird

Post by OpeningCreditsBird »

Mordeen wrote:Cool deal. When it gets closer I'm going to gauge interest in dugpa members seeking each other out at the Fest, either just to say hi, or perhaps even arrange a separate meetup to scout out new (spoilery) shooting locations.

-Mordeen
I'd love to catch up with Dugpa members outside of the fest and see some spoilery shooting locations. I'm coming over from Australia so won't be turning down any chance to explore and meet folk.
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

OpeningCreditsBird wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Cool deal. When it gets closer I'm going to gauge interest in dugpa members seeking each other out at the Fest, either just to say hi, or perhaps even arrange a separate meetup to scout out new (spoilery) shooting locations.

-Mordeen
I'd love to catch up with Dugpa members outside of the fest and see some spoilery shooting locations. I'm coming over from Australia so won't be turning down any chance to explore and meet folk.
I'm game for a spoiler tour. How does Friday 1:00pm to 6:00pm sound?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

sugarhigh wrote:

-Mordeen
I'm game for a spoiler tour. How does Friday 1:00pm to 6:00pm sound?
As in you'd be the guide?

Also, 6pm is when the banquet starts, and I was hoping to get there a bit early to try to get good seats (I have 4 people). Would 1-5pm work?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

Mordeen wrote:
sugarhigh wrote:
As in you'd be the guide?

Also, 6pm is when the banquet starts, and I was hoping to get there a bit early to try to get good seats (I have 4 people). Would 1-5pm work?

-Mordeen
Yeah, I only saw filming in 3 locations, I figure there might be others who were there for filming that could also play tour guide too.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Three is better than none! Hopefully we can get a decent sized group together to check 'em out, and optimally we can put together more than three locations.

Regardless, my family and I are in! Your offer is gracious, to say the least. We need a time and place to meet up.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

Cool, I figure the Double R would be a good place to meet up. 1:30pm sound good?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

sugarhigh wrote:Cool, I figure the Double R would be a good place to meet up. 1:30pm sound good?
Absolutely! Should we start a separate thread to gauge interest and get a head count?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Mordeen wrote:
sugarhigh wrote:Cool, I figure the Double R would be a good place to meet up. 1:30pm sound good?
Absolutely! Should we start a separate thread to gauge interest and get a head count?

-Mordeen
I'd be up for meeting up Folks - just PM me -

I arrive next Wednesday night so will be about for The Roadhouse meet next Thursday