It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mace

Re: It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

Post by Mace »

"What the hell?"
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.98 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

Post by Jerry Horne »

I don't suppose it's possible this is actual footage from the new series? Or is it "animated"?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
garrett8250

Post by garrett8250 »

Is that hand hairy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

garrett8250 wrote:Is that hand hairy?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.16.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.16.40 PM.png (599.09 KiB) Viewed 11129 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

That... could be for real.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

The log has been stripped naked! All of the bark is gone in that gif!

I think the commercial for the Secret History of Twin Peaks was recorded recently, and the log was fully barked then. Very strange.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

The naked log (eeek!) is the biggest tell, but there's also the fact that that brooch isn't the one Margaret consistently wears for the Log Lady intros, promotional shots etc. The tea cup is also different from the one in the intros, while the clothes seem legit.

(I fully support any speculation that it's either Windom or Michael Cera, btw :lol: )
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Unless there's some other slow, loving pan of stuffed salmons in the show (and I wouldn't put it past Pete a/o Ben, I just wouldn't know where to check), the salmon gif looks fake as well:
Attachments
vlcsnap-2016-09-20-12h44m19s169.png
vlcsnap-2016-09-20-12h44m19s169.png (388.36 KiB) Viewed 11044 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (108.6 KiB) Viewed 11044 times
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Now that the countdown is over, all I can say is, who came up with this idea? Why John Malkovich? I'm sure some think he's great, but I can't stand him. The skits he's done are just like poor, near word for word re-enactments of scenes fans love. I know it's for a good cause, but why do it at all? The Festival of Disruption is not long away. It's like a cryptic message from Lynch and a production campaign, leaning a little heavier on Twin Peaks, of course, will get fans excited. Then we get skits with John Malkovich. Weird.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, this might be amusing and all but I don't get the one week countdown thing. They could just release it and let people support their cause, instead of building nonsensical anticipation for something that ultimately most people don't even care for.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I don't think Lynch even directed this Malkovich thing. I don't see his name on the poster.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

He didn't. A guy named Sandro Miller did. But it's a David Lynch foundation project.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Post by FrightNight »

Well. That was one big wad of NOTHING. Again. Someone must really think there's no limits to a TP fan's patience. While he might even be right, I find this kind of "marketing" to be in poor taste. Not to mention all this endless cockteasing. Stop jerking around, Mr. Lynch, and give us something already. It's high time.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I appreciate it's for a charity, (even if it is his OWN charity) because they do spread a really positive message with TM, even if you're a skeptic, it's hard to not be enthralled by Lynch's passion and belief in it's ultimate goodness. But what I do think is a little sketchy is the clearly VERY carefully thought out marketing. To ensnare those anticipating Twin Peaks by leaning a little heavier on it's imagery than his other films is, to be harsh, sneaky.