FWWM Screening in Texas

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

REdKing
Roadhouse Member

FWWM Screening in Texas

Post by REdKing »

I just saw an invite to a screening of FWWM at my local Alamo Drafthouse in Lubbock, TX in relation to the soundtrack release. It is scheduled for January 27th at 10:00 p.m. I can't find the tickets on their website yet.

From the site (https://drafthouse.com/lubbock/show/twi ... lk-with-me):

"With the mainstream success of David Lynch's TWIN PEAKS on television it would have seemed that a feature-length film based on the series should have been a slam-dunk success. Instead, FIRE WALK WITH ME was despised when it came out. Met with boos at its Cannes premiere and a commercial flop at the box office. Derided as a some sort of coked up paranoid fever dream by critics. But, now two decades later, the critical tune has changed. FIRE WALK WITH ME, a prequel to the series, is now regarded as one of Lynch's best films -- a masterpiece alongside BLUE VELVET and MULHOLLAND DRIVE. That's not to say it isn't a coked up fever dream; it's just a really, really good one that gets to the heart of the Twin Peaks story and vibe, complementing the show (which had actually long since fizzled out by the film's release) and stands up on its own even if you have no interest in watching the full series (but why would you be lame like that?). BE WARNED THOUGH: If you do plan on watching the series, see it first; this film contains one helluva of a spoiler."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by REdKing on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

FWWM Screening in Texas

Post by REdKing »

Ha! I don't know if I felt this warranted its own post, but I'll take it. Alamo Drafthouse is a dining/theater experience. They are in multiple states around the U.S. If you are not familiar with the theater chain, they are in cahoots with Mondo posters and merchandise. They do the design work for Death Waltz Records, and I'm sure the connections go further. This post was meant to be in line with discussions on new broadcasts in light of the Showtime schedule. My first connection with this chain's plans of FWWM screenings in relation to the soundtrack release was the Lubbock, Texas event Facebook notice. I suspect that the Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse screenings of FWWM will be at multiple locations.

Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Re: FWWM Screening in Texas

Post by Snailhead »

Cute writeup, sounds fun!
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

FWWM Screening in Texas

Post by REdKing »

I got a response about the tickets for this event:

"Tickets for this film will go on sale early next week.

Thank you,

Programming Director
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema- Houston, Lubbock and El Paso
(832) 722-2869 c
rsaucedo@ttv-alamo.com
drafthouse.com/houston
drafthouse.com/lubbock
drafthouse.com/el_paso
"Coolest Movie Theater in the World" - Wired.com"

The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Tickets are on sale for Alamo Drafthouse screenings of FWWM and you can choose an option that gets you the vinyl soundtrack re-release.

https://drafthouse.com/austin/show/twin ... lk-with-me
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Post by REdKing »

I secured my copy of the vinyl yesterday.
I've been overly eager since I saw the Facebook announcement of my local screening last week.
You can imagine how pleased I was to see that the vinyl would be available with the screening.
As soon as I saw the announcement yesterday, I jumped right into the ticket sales at which time only the standard tickets were available. I purchased one for myself and my wife.
Then, of course, I got to wondering how it was that there was no option for a ticket+vinyl. This is a pretty standard option for Alamo Drafthouse viewings that include merchandise as an option.
I go back in within the hour and there it is. So, I obviously got that. We're still deciding if we're bringing someone with us or if, hey, the guaranteed empty seat is a score.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

FWWM screening tonight in Austin with vinyl soundtrack release. The movie looked and sounded great as always, and I'm listening to the album now. So far, so good.
Attachments
fwwm 4.jpg
fwwm 4.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
fwwm 3.jpg
fwwm 3.jpg (74.9 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
fwwm 2.jpg
fwwm 2.jpg (46.74 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
fwwm 1.jpg
fwwm 1.jpg (67.32 KiB) Viewed 6774 times