Let's talk changes: how would you change the second season?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Let's talk changes: how would you change the second season?

Post by Audrey Horne »

Ah! That warms my heart. Thank you so much. I personally love it so much.

And yeah, I really do have the next batch fairly thought out -it won't be a petered out idea. Just really making doubly sure it will work and fixing out the kinks so I don't get stuck in a corner.

Have a little blueprint mapping out everyone's arc and so forth -and really making sure the Macguffin works- Judy and the Amberson group in search of the Lodge.

My thinking is Season Three went into production as normal and aired regularly (sept -feb like our imagined Season Two); Lynch got overconfident and filmed his Laura Palmer story around the same time- and it still premiered in summer 1992. The cliffhanger from Season Three still bought Frost and Lynch a contract from ABC but it wouldn't air until the spring of 1993 -like the original season. FWWM is still a bust, but Frost and Lynch run with their contract and decided to wrap up the series, knowing no more movies are likely to follow.

I like if FWWM was filmed concurrently with the backend of season three, that the actors involved where the ones that were hardly in season three -James Marshall, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise- Maclachlan can only shoot a limited amount, maybe Moira Kelly did play Donna etc. It all kind of makes sense to me. The fun is always thinking what production would do -and that's a big reason for the jump in time for the fourth season- almost four years since the pilot was filmed and Ashbrook, Fenn, Boyle are getting a little long in the tooth to play teenagers- and it bumps Audrey's age up to where it's no longer possibly creepy for Cooper to have affection for her. All problem solving.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Cooper quote from Episode 15- "The last few steps are the darkest and most difficult."

Had to edit this post - where in the bleepin' bleep is Audrey Horne?
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

The song "I Remember" off Floating Into the Night by Julee Cruise is begging to be in the TP continuation! Just close your eyes and listen to this song and imagine scenes in your mind going on in the dreamlike world of Twin Peaks!!!!!!

I would love to see possibly this song, other Julee Cruise tracks not in TP yet, and other unreleased TP music pop up in Season 4!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

"I Remember" is supposed to be the track in the second season finale at The Roadhouse -when Pete meets Windom Earle, and Norma sits alone waiting for Ed. I guess I never put that in there. I'll edit it in.

And then I think we used it for the end of the season promos for the third season. But I agree, it's great!

And yep, almost all set to move on.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Audrey Horne wrote:"I Remember" is supposed to be the track in the second season finale at The Roadhouse -when Pete meets Windom Earle, and Norma sits alone waiting for Ed. I guess I never put that in there. I'll edit it in.

And then I think we used it for the end of the season promos for the third season. But I agree, it's great!

And yep, almost all set to move on.
I Remember may have been in it, but my dumba** can't remember.

I can't wait until Season 4 continues. I'm caught up now through the first part of 4.2.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

High time I returned to this re-write game... feel like I've let the side down! ;) More tomorrow.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

No way, not at all. it was summer, and a little distance was needed -I know it was for me.

I'm pretty much there and back to working on my little old outlines. Right now I'm trying to figure out all this ring business- what the hell is it, where did it come from? How did Laura get it by the way? My memory of FWWM is always fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the mystery of what happened to Josie as a cataylst for the investigation of Amberson's men to search and probe. And I'm figuring out how to use the ring as something they are searching for -namely the new Anti-Cooper that is coming to town.

And I'm pretty darn sure I'm ripping off your Windom death idea. Anyway, I'm back to thinking about it and having fun. Throw all them ideas out there. Seven episodes goes quickly once it gets rolling. Hope all is well in real life.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Yeah, summer... and work. :lol: Plus, it always gets depressing around this year realising I'm missing the Twin Peaks Fest as standard! :( If a notion about the Cooper\Bob possession though perhaps you've planned that out completely. Any chance you could send that review of my ideas? :D
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Oh yeah -I forgot all about sending that out. I'll go through my scribblings and send it out!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

okay, before I continue -throwing it out without giving too much away about what happens to whom, etc. (it should still be fun for you guys to at least not know)

Does it work if I go on the theory that Judy is in fact, Josie's sister -even if she's never shown, and viewers just have to connect the dots. She had connections to Andrew Packard as well- Hank talked about South America and knowing Judy in 3.02. Judy was actually more of a contempory with Andrew -and both delved into exploring the history of the land and knew about the Lodges. Judy -through evenreven's back story (even if it's never explained in this series) has devoted her new life to finding these portals, has aquired a fortune- and is devoting her life to finding and cracking it -even her dead sister's whereabouts. She needs the land of the Northern since Josie died there, and obviously needs the Ghostwood land to have free reign of exploration. She knows about Jeffires and the Ring because she lived through it. Perhaps she views the ring as a key for entrance. Therefore, Laura Hunt's mission as a henchmam was only to broker the land deal as Phase One. This new agent arriving is to acquire this ring. The FBI have been piecing some of this together -FWWM's Jeffires mission; Audrey's been wisked away from the town in a cover-up and also as protection about this confidential information; Cooper has been detected by Cole and his team as "compromised" (much like Jeffries, but at least a physical form) and no longer can be part of the bureau -but is still monitered and kept safe, nestled in Twin Peaks society.

Andrew after his death has left information for Catherine about his life work, his involvment with Judy, etc. Audrey has possession of the ring but keeps that a secret from everyone. Her visit to the Lodge from Earle's abduction is different than Cooper's -she's a sleepwalking pawn through it -where Jeffries -stuck in his porthole Lodge from South America -simply sings ala David Bowie -"waiting for the gift of sound and vision." (she does not have sight yet). Audrey has visions from Jeffries but has not shared it fully with Cole's team. This new agent -probably calling him Hammett- is tracking down a piece of jewerly from Catherine (the ring). Earle did not exit out of the Lodge in Peaks, but instead South America. But was a walking zombie, and was found much later -a former shell of himself, and imprisoned by the Bureau- where he rambles incessantly about the Lodges, Jeffries, Bob etc. Most likely, killing himself by hanging to end his misery.

I really like the Donna plot to that even suggested. Just figuring out how this won't all become dream-heavy, or Lodge heavy. But I think making the Ring a tangible object can make the plot active for a television show and not get bogged down in concepts.

This is basically the logic I'm going to use with what motivates the characters. I don't want it overly explained though -just needed the motivations.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

whoo hoo! Outline done for 4.02 -and plot set up for the rest of series.

*see, I won't let ya down, coolspring.

I think it'll work -and it will play out like a TV show and not fan-fiction. starting the writing -and my new madness -tonight!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Audrey Horne wrote:whoo hoo! Outline done for 4.02 -and plot set up for the rest of series.

*see, I won't let ya down, coolspring.

I think it'll work -and it will play out like a TV show and not fan-fiction. starting the writing -and my new madness -tonight!
I never doubted you, Audrey Horne!

BTW, it's coolspringsj! Hmmmph.....

I always enjoy reading your posts and anxiously await "the final chapter"...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

okay, inching along -I forget how long it takes to write these suckers. got the second act up to 4.02. Full steam ahead.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Audrey Horne wrote:okay, inching along -I forget how long it takes to write these suckers. got the second act up to 4.02. Full steam ahead.
Audrey, I don't know if you have done this already or not, but since you have put so much work into this project, you really should print out this doorstopper sized continuation to hold onto.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

I'm such a Twin Peaks Continuation Groupie Geek - I just printed out Episode 4.2 Act 2 to read at home tonight!