Confess your Twin Peaks sins

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ubermensch33
Roadhouse Member

Re: Confess your Twin Peaks sins

Post by Ubermensch33 »

I don't know if this is a sin, but because people generally talk about 14 and 29, I will say that those don't really do it for me - the last 2 episodes of Season 1 are TP to me. The rain, the night time, the slow fade-in of the image of a spinning roulette wheel in the finale, the bird. Coop's demeanor when he and Ed are playing different characters in the episode before the finale (which is really my favorite episode), meeting Blackie, and Jacques (Re-NALT with a hard "t" as Andy would say it - still one of the small, funniest moments of the series IMO).

"Buy ya a cocktail, Jacques?"

It could have ended after 1 season with the cliffhanger. Could you imagine coming back 25 years later to answer that/those questions?

My other biggest sin: I have never seen FWWM, even though I've watched the season 1 about 7 times, and season 2 probably 2-3 times. I'll watch FWWM for the first time tomorrow night. :mrgreen:
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Nice - as much as we all revere the Lynch episodes, Peaks was the most fun for me back in May 1990 when it was coming to its season end- they were my most favorite memories. I love the Peyton writing. I Deschanel and Glatter direction, the zip and pace of episode 6 and 7 so much.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Cadien

Post by Cadien »

Do you mean Badalamenti's instrumentals are cheesy -- or do you mean the lyrics are cheesy? I know Lynch wants the lyrics to be cheesy -- very much in the teenager-in-love-and-the-world's-going-to-end vein.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Even though this is my most anticipated and agonized over piece of entertainment this year, I won't be watching Sunday. I'm trying to re-watch the series and read at least part of the Frost book, which will go into next week. I wouldn't be watching it before Thursday or Friday. Don't know if I want to read any reviews, but I probably can't help it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Let me take a spin at this.

- I hate the taste of coffee and can only drink it if its Starbucks and sweet.
- I thought Windom Earle was an extremely compelling character and would've liked to see more of him
- I found the character of Pinkle to be very hilarious and don't care how cheesy and slapstick it was
- I didn't mind Nadine in high school at all
- James singing annoyed me
-Of all the characters on the show/movie Dr. Hawyard was the cheesiest for me
- I didn't watch Twin Peaks until five years ago because I was the same age of Lucy's kid when the show premiered.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Not a sin per se, but I would like to add I REALLY do not like the wine-tasting scene, honestly I get uncomfortable thinking about it.
decoyoctopus

Post by decoyoctopus »

I really dislike Michael Ontkean's acting/mildly confused stares, and it's a shame because he's also in one of my favorite movies, Slap Shot.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I like "Just You"!!Yeah,there you go.Chest feels lighter now
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

WINDOM EARLE ALL THE WAY!!!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

krishnanspace wrote:I like "Just You"!!Yeah,there you go.Chest feels lighter now
If you like it, then you're doing it right. Perfect Lynchian moment.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

- Dick Tremayne is one of favourite characters. Great chemistry with Andy.
- I love Season 2.
- I live in the UK but won't be watching the 2am screening -- will be watching on Monday night. Which makes me feel like a bad fan!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Oh, and here's another one: Lynch's recently expressed opinion that S 2 sucks sucks!
Dining With Diane
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dining With Diane »

my twin peaks sins include....
-not bothering to rewatch season two, fire walk with me, between two worlds, or the missing pieces.
-when i do watch fire walk with me, I shut it off once the Chester Desmond/Theresa Banks story ends. I believe the story of how Laura wound up murdered was adequately covered in the original show.
-unsure why Sheryl Lee is in the cast of season 3 unless killing her every season is meant to be a running theme.
-displeased about Micheal Cera being in the new season. unless he's dead, wrapped in plastic at the start of the first episode and Cooper is returning to investigate his murder, and he better not have any identical cousins.
http://diningwithdiane.tumblr.com/
Dining with Diane - the food blog of Special Agent Dale Cooper
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Dining With Diane wrote:
-displeased about Micheal Cera being in the new season. unless he's dead, wrapped in plastic at the start of the first episode and Cooper is returning to investigate his murder, and he better not have any identical cousins.
100 times this. Can't stand Cera.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I like men and I don't find Kyle MacLachlan attractive *prepared to be thrown out of the board*