Confess your Twin Peaks sins

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: Confess your Twin Peaks sins

Post by Agent Earle »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I like men and I don't find Kyle MacLachlan attractive *prepared to be thrown out of the board*
That's exactly the sentiment of my mother some 25+ years ago! She had the hots for Harry, but Coop was a no-no for her :)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Agent Earle wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I like men and I don't find Kyle MacLachlan attractive *prepared to be thrown out of the board*
That's exactly the sentiment of my mother some 25+ years ago! She had the hots for Harry, but Coop was a no-no for her :)
I think me and your mother might be on the same page :wink:
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Dining With Diane wrote:
-displeased about Micheal Cera being in the new season. unless he's dead, wrapped in plastic at the start of the first episode and Cooper is returning to investigate his murder, and he better not have any identical cousins.
100 times this. Can't stand Cera.
I confess that I have no idea who Michael Cera is. I feel like the only one on this board that knows nothing about him.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Moira Kelly was a better Donna than Lara Flynn Boyle
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

claaa7 wrote:Moira Kelly was a better Donna than Lara Flynn Boyle
1st generation fans might kill you
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Venus wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Dining With Diane wrote:
-displeased about Micheal Cera being in the new season. unless he's dead, wrapped in plastic at the start of the first episode and Cooper is returning to investigate his murder, and he better not have any identical cousins.
100 times this. Can't stand Cera.
I confess that I have no idea who Michael Cera is. I feel like the only one on this board that knows nothing about him.
You're not missing anything
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

My favorite movie growing up was The Flintstones and it wasn't until years after I watched Twin Peaks for the first time that I realized Coop was Cliff Vandercave. :o
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Episode 16 largely blows. It was poorly directed atop a badly structured script. Wise's histrionics when he is locked in the cell and confronted are cringe inducing. Episodes 15, 17, and 18 are better.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
CompletelySilent
Roadhouse Member

Post by CompletelySilent »

I'll write the "sins" of myself and my friend who I recently introduced to the show(he's become a big fan and is joining me on my quest through this new season).

Myself:
-I have never seen Fire Walk With Me, but have read everything that happened(and saw the Lodge/Convenience Store scene on YouTube)
-Legitimately believed Tojamura wasn't Catherine literally until the reveal
-Spoiled myself on the season 2 finale before seeing it about 2 weeks later

My Friend
-Did not like Leland Palmer(especially after his grey-haired, singing and dancing turn)
-Didn't know Garmonbozia was creamed corned until yesterday when I told him(he thought LMFAP was eating cereal in that close-up shot at the end of FWWM)
-Was indifferent towards Fire Walk With Me(was hoping to get more from Desmond/Stanley, or at least an investigation into Desmond
Diane! I'm holding in my hands a small box of chocolate bunnies.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ashok wrote:My favorite movie growing up was The Flintstones and it wasn't until years after I watched Twin Peaks for the first time that I realized Coop was Cliff Vandercave. :o
I went to the theater to watch The Flinstones because Kyle was in it and there was a cameo of my favorite band ever (The B-52's). Didn't care for the film tho.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

IcedOver wrote:Episode 16 largely blows. It was poorly directed atop a badly structured script.
I agree, and Wise is extremely over the top during the holding cell interrogation. And his dying scene is a little...over dramatic and soapy.
Not even close to when he confesses Jacques' murder, my favorite Leland moment. I almost cry every time I see it.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
IcedOver wrote:Episode 16 largely blows. It was poorly directed atop a badly structured script.
I agree, and Wise is extremely over the top during the holding cell interrogation. And his dying scene is a little...over dramatic and soapy.
Not even close to when he confesses Jacques' murder, my favorite Leland moment. I almost cry every time I see it.
Yeah, I haven't ever liked the "WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOO" part of it.
It's not a complete failure by any means but as years go by I have seen myself liking that scene, and hell, even that whole episode less and less. And it used to be one of my favorites!

The Jacques scene has some of the best acting ever but this one goes a bit over the top. However, I absolutely love the moment when Leland says "oh God have mercy on me" as somehow I feel some genuine remorse in front of the ultimate metaphysical truth there. And I love how right at that moment there is zero blame trying to give to Bob but he totally feels he is quilty and asks for mercy because what HE has done has been something unforgivable and cosmic metaphysical mercy is the only thing that ever could redeem him. I love that moment so much.

But yeah, some of the rest of the scene, especially when he is interrogated goes over the top. I guess I could give him points for going full blast there but yeah, it could've (and should've) been much better.
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

For the longest time I thought Jimmy Scott was singing 'I got a dear old man' and not 'I got idea, man...'

Annnnnnd I do prefer Moira Kelly to LFB. Woops!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Big one .. I think Lesli and Caleb's episodes 5,6 and 13 are tighter and better directed than some of the Lynch ones.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Audrey Horne wrote:Big one .. I think Lesli and Caleb's episodes 5,6 and 13 are tighter and better directed than some of the Lynch ones.
To be fair, I don't think DKL is ever particularly striving for tightness. Exhibit A: Ed Wright. :lol: I adore the slow languor of much of his work.

LLG is a hell of a director tho', easily my favorite of the non-DKL directors by a country mile. She gets an energy and spontaneity from the performers that you just don't see in other directors' eps. She was so terrific at finding the little subtle DKL-ish character moments. The "Leo cake" scene would have been mediocre in most of the directors' hands because it's not really that interesting a scene or storyline, but LLG and the actors brought this wild energy to it that still makes me grin every time.