Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

User avatar
Jasper
Great Northern Member
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jasper » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:12 pm

JohnGSmoke wrote:Hmmmm.....Image


OK, that's a little odd. It could just be something like "Audrey lives on . . . in our hearts". I wouldn't normally give much weight to a tweet like this, though with the recent cryptic comments from Lynch and Sutherland it might merit a little bit of extra consideration. I guess we'll see if any other cast members say/tweet anything unusual.

Mr. Reindeer wrote:What’s the status of the convention? I see that it’s scheduled for 10/30. Are they planning to hold it in person or virtually or what?


It was set for early April, then moved to three days with Halloween in the middle. The most recent Graceland event was virtual. I don't see anything on the calendar from now until Twin Peaks, which is still being advertised as in-person.
baxter
Great Northern Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby baxter » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:02 pm

From reddit user thomasjthomasj:

I wouldn't hold too much stock in the Audrey tweet. It looks like it was in direct response to a question she asked about what you would call a Twin Peaks sequel

https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 6731160576
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 3990675457
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 7266824198

She hasn't threaded them but they're all clearly related and implies she's working on an Audrey book rather than a new series
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:32 pm

baxter wrote:From reddit user thomasjthomasj:

I wouldn't hold too much stock in the Audrey tweet. It looks like it was in direct response to a question she asked about what you would call a Twin Peaks sequel

https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 6731160576
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 3990675457
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 7266824198

She hasn't threaded them but they're all clearly related and implies she's working on an Audrey book rather than a new series


That checks out. I love Sherilyn, but would never recommend putting much stock in anything she tweets.

Really curious what if anything is announced at this TP convention, if and when it happens, in whatever format it ends up being. I personally am not expecting any announcement of new episodes or filmed content. But I wonder if there will be anything at all announced that slightly vindicates HHM’s constantly insistent doubling-down.
baxter
Great Northern Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby baxter » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Yeah I trust HHM for some reason, and it's not just wishful thinking. I think they may have exaggerated something, but I don't think they would entirely make it up. Time will tell I guess.
User avatar
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:06 am

Jim Belushi is screaming "cherry pie" on Twitter. Cherry pie with the sweet taste of Mary Jane, or something else?
https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1296273774942326784
User avatar
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Eater of Iguanas » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:34 pm

bob_wooler wrote:Jim Belushi is screaming "cherry pie" on Twitter. Cherry pie with the sweet taste of Mary Jane, or something else?
https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1296273774942326784

If those two characters are returning, I'd rather go without, thank you very much.
User avatar
Rudagger
RR Diner Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Rudagger » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:Jim Belushi is screaming "cherry pie" on Twitter. Cherry pie with the sweet taste of Mary Jane, or something else?
https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1296273774942326784

If those two characters are returning, I'd rather go without, thank you very much.


The Mitchum's were a highlight of the Return for me, and I'd love to see more of 'em.

"What the fuck kind of neighbourhood is this!?"

".. people are under a lot of stress Bradley"
baxter
Great Northern Member
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby baxter » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Yeah I was expecting to hate them, but ended up loving them. Each to their own though.
User avatar
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby JohnGSmoke » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:Jim Belushi is screaming "cherry pie" on Twitter. Cherry pie with the sweet taste of Mary Jane, or something else?
https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1296273774942326784

If those two characters are returning, I'd rather go without, thank you very much.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
AXX°N N.
RR Diner Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:40 am

It's striking how the perspective changes with the setting. Not a single person I've watched season 3 with has had any reaction but love for those characters.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Eater of Iguanas » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:11 am

AXX°N N. wrote:It's striking how the perspective changes with the setting. Not a single person I've watched season 3 with has had any reaction but love for those characters.

Yeah, I'm in the minority camp of "bitterly disappointed with Season 3." Those characters epitomized the boring, masturbatory nature of much of the season, and its bent for dumb, unfunny comedy. Even a grade-B Original Twin Peaks character like Hank Jennings was more entertaining.

I'm continually mystified by the positive reaction to Nu-Twin Peaks. But I'm happy for those of you who enjoyed it!
User avatar
AXX°N N.
RR Diner Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:18 am

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:It's striking how the perspective changes with the setting. Not a single person I've watched season 3 with has had any reaction but love for those characters.

Yeah, I'm in the minority camp of "bitterly disappointed with Season 3." Those characters epitomized the boring, masturbatory nature of much of the season, and its bent for dumb, unfunny comedy. Even a grade-B Original Twin Peaks character like Hank Jennings was more entertaining.

I'm continually mystified by the positive reaction to Nu-Twin Peaks. But I'm happy for those of you who enjoyed it!

That's a good attitude to have! For me, I don't see any difference between the broad humor surrounding the Mitchums and old schtick involving, say, Andy, especially the scene where he hits his head on a plank and dazedly shimmies around for a minute.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:48 am

AXX°N N. wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:It's striking how the perspective changes with the setting. Not a single person I've watched season 3 with has had any reaction but love for those characters.

Yeah, I'm in the minority camp of "bitterly disappointed with Season 3." Those characters epitomized the boring, masturbatory nature of much of the season, and its bent for dumb, unfunny comedy. Even a grade-B Original Twin Peaks character like Hank Jennings was more entertaining.

I'm continually mystified by the positive reaction to Nu-Twin Peaks. But I'm happy for those of you who enjoyed it!

That's a good attitude to have! For me, I don't see any difference between the broad humor surrounding the Mitchums and old schtick involving, say, Andy, especially the scene where he hits his head on a plank and dazedly shimmies around for a minute.


I personally find the Mitchums funnier than most of the S2 Andy stuff (I love the slow-burn exasperation of the scene where they watch Candie talking to Anthony on the casino floor). But humor is certainly subjective. I’ve never really been a fan of L/F broad humor in the past (I’m not an On the Air fan), but the instances of it on TR felt less forced and better executed than in the past for me.
User avatar
AXX°N N.
RR Diner Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:Yeah, I'm in the minority camp of "bitterly disappointed with Season 3." Those characters epitomized the boring, masturbatory nature of much of the season, and its bent for dumb, unfunny comedy. Even a grade-B Original Twin Peaks character like Hank Jennings was more entertaining.

I'm continually mystified by the positive reaction to Nu-Twin Peaks. But I'm happy for those of you who enjoyed it!

That's a good attitude to have! For me, I don't see any difference between the broad humor surrounding the Mitchums and old schtick involving, say, Andy, especially the scene where he hits his head on a plank and dazedly shimmies around for a minute.


I personally find the Mitchums funnier than most of the S2 Andy stuff (I love the slow-burn exasperation of the scene where they watch Candie talking to Anthony on the casino floor). But humor is certainly subjective. I’ve never really been a fan of L/F broad humor in the past (I’m not an On the Air fan), but the instances of it on TR felt less forced and better executed than in the past for me.

I'm in the same boat. In fact it's dawned on me over time that a lot of the humor in S3, to me, feels very in line with what On the Air should have been, re the execution of that style of humor. In S3 I find the extremely casual performative aspect of it (where puns fly under the radar to the point of invisibility and characters underreact to what is clearly absurd and almost anachronistic in the sense of a televisual comedy gag) to be kind of fascinating in tone.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:25 am

AXX°N N. wrote:I'm in the same boat. In fact it's dawned on me over time that a lot of the humor in S3, to me, feels very in line with what On the Air should have been, re the execution of that style of humor. In S3 I find the extremely casual performative aspect of it (where puns fly under the radar to the point of invisibility and characters underreact to what is clearly absurd and almost anachronistic in the sense of a televisual comedy gag) to be kind of fascinating in tone.


That’s interesting, and I agree. Instead of playing up the zaniness and comedy, the deadpan reactions of Hawk and Albert and Frank (with looooong pauses) almost let the audience in on how cheesy certain gags are, like the joke becomes the unfunniness of the joke. If that makes sense.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests