Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

User avatar
RichardTyler
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby RichardTyler » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Mark Frost retweeted Dr. Jacoby's actor an hour or so ago

https://twitter.com/RussTamblyn/status/ ... 6054414338

Last time I kept up with Mark Frost's twitter he didn't mention Twin Peaks too often, but he's tweeted about it a decent amount lately.

Could be reading into things, lol.

Edit: yep was definitely some wishful thinking, mark frost threw cold water on that pretty much immediately
Last edited by RichardTyler on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby krishnanspace » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:49 am

RichardTyler wrote:Mark Frost retweeted Dr. Jacoby's actor an hour or so ago

https://twitter.com/RussTamblyn/status/ ... 6054414338

Last time I kept up with Mark Frost's twitter he didn't mention Twin Peaks too often, but he's tweeted about it a decent amount lately.

Could be reading into things, lol.


Frost and Tamblyn are both very politically vocal. This is clearly a reference to current events and not anything TP-related.
User avatar
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Panapaok » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:09 am

Hey fellas! It's been a while! Exciting news. I'm glad that we'll be getting something new from Lynch. I wouldn't rule out that this is TP related but at this point it's more probable that it's something original, since it's supposedly on Netflix and not on Showtime.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mark B
New Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:08 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mark B » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:11 am

What Mr Reindeer said, plus Frost tweets Twin Peaks stuff semi regularly. I’m fascinated by how much late stage Lynch we’re getting. If it releases in 2022 we’ll likely have more filmed Lynch material in the last 6 years than his entire film career combined. I really hope it’s TP related - I love ep 18 so much, and I want to see more of that world.
BGate
RR Diner Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby BGate » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:40 am

has anyone mentioned Antelope Don't Run No More?

Then, in 2010 he wrote an incredible script called Antelope Don't Run No More, and he shopped it around but nobody offered him the funding he felt he needed to make it. When he couldn't get it financed I don't think he was horribly upset, though. David believes that if a thing is meant to be it will happen." Set mostly in Los Angeles, Antelope Don't Run No More braids threads from Mulholland Drive and INLAND EMPIRE into a narrative fantasia that incorporates space aliens, taking animals, and a beleaguered musician named Pinky; it's impressed everyone who's read it as one of the best scripts Lynch has ever written.


I'm assuming this was a feature length script but he's obviously had years to flesh it out with other ideas. that said I'm highly skeptical of any episode number rumors at this stage of things. as we now know, Lynch refused to commit to a length/episode total at the outset of The Return, which was the main cause of his kerfuffle with Showtime.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:22 am

BGate wrote:has anyone mentioned Antelope Don't Run No More?

Then, in 2010 he wrote an incredible script called Antelope Don't Run No More, and he shopped it around but nobody offered him the funding he felt he needed to make it. When he couldn't get it financed I don't think he was horribly upset, though. David believes that if a thing is meant to be it will happen." Set mostly in Los Angeles, Antelope Don't Run No More braids threads from Mulholland Drive and INLAND EMPIRE into a narrative fantasia that incorporates space aliens, taking animals, and a beleaguered musician named Pinky; it's impressed everyone who's read it as one of the best scripts Lynch has ever written.


I'm assuming this was a feature length script but he's obviously had years to flesh it out with other ideas. that said I'm highly skeptical of any episode number rumors at this stage of things. as we now know, Lynch refused to commit to a length/episode total at the outset of The Return, which was the main cause of his kerfuffle with Showtime.


While I’d certainly be intrigued to get another long-form serialized story from Lynch, if that Redditor is correct about “13 mini-movies,” perhaps we’ll get Antelope, Ronnie Rocket, Metamorphosis, etc., and maybe even some Coop/Laura, with DKL taking care of unfinished business in an anthology format? Certainly too early to tell, but this is an exciting time!
User avatar
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:34 am

Oh, wow! And suddenly 2020 doesn't seem so bad at all. :D Just when I was about to largely give up on dugpa.com, decided to come and post something as insignificant as what I thought were minor nods to Mulholland Drive in Bojack Horseman (great show, thanks Reindeer, you vouched for it a long while back); and I find my favorite thread exploding!

As much as I'm exited for the series, I'm also looking forward to seeing it be thoroughly discussed on this board. I wonder if they'll come out weekly. If I had to guess, that's what Lynch would want, him being oldschool and wanting that watercooler effect.

Heh, some rumors are saying it'll be between 13 and 25 episodes long. I have a hunch that one of the clauses in the contract is that ''no one is allowed to give a fucking shit about how long a scene is''.

I doubt it'll be Twin Peaks. I feel it's obvious Lynch has wanted to do (non Peaks) serialized TV since at least Mulholland drive, and TPTR has now helped him gain ground to do so. We might just see a lot of old unused idea's in this! If there's any TP, odessa-verse shenanigans or whatnot, I don't think it'll do much fan service. (Edit: Ah, no Frost either)
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:40 am

This would seemingly confirm it is not TP related:
https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1332673943602221056

And I would guess it also means the possibility of new Twin Peaks has been tabled for a while, or at least however long Lynch has been planning this project (which seems like it was for a decent amount of time prior to the pandemic).
User avatar
Jacob
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jacob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:58 am

OK, so no Mark Frost. I like the idea of Mr. Reindeer about an anthology format. It would give DKL a lot of room to dream. And I'm sure in the end some stuffs would tie up, I mean in a way Lynch is a universe in itself, so characters from different projects could end up meeting each other. Anyway, if Lynch is recycling older scripts, yeah it's possible he didn't have any co-writer on this.

Or else he's bringing The Daily Weather Report on Netflix.
User avatar
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:08 am

Well, I dare bet we'll see some familiar faces or actors Lynch had the pleasure of working with in TP(TR).
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby madeleineferguson » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:22 am

Soolsma wrote:Well, I dare bet we'll see some familiar faces or actors Lynch had the pleasure of working with in TP(TR).


I believe both Laura Dern and Naomi Watts are attached to this project, they were each seen at Netflix with Lynch, or around when Lynch was there.

Even if it’s not Twin Peaks related, I am ridiculously excited. I hope Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie are a part of the cast too.
User avatar
Jacob
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jacob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:28 am

Dern and Watts are gonna bring Justin Theroux with them. I know Theroux would have love to play a part in season 3, but he was busy with The Leftovers.

Also, in season 3, Lynch used TP narratives to be completely free and disgress a lot. Maybe "Wisteria" is going to be even more like this. Sometimes, while watching Season 3, it felt like we didn't watch Twin Peaks anymore. And it's what some critics said : that to them, it wasn't Twin Peaks.

So maybe everyone is right. It's not gonna be season 4. But it's gonna be in a larger, always expanding, TP-related universe. Something where Lynch is not gonna let himself being limited by narratives and format.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:52 am

I do wonder whether he’ll have a cowriter. My hunch is no...in Room to Dream, he seemed pretty opposed to the idea of being forced to work with a cowriter on Mulholland Drive, and it seems like his days of writing with others are done and gone, TP aside.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:01 am

Soolsma wrote:Oh, wow! And suddenly 2020 doesn't seem so bad at all. :D Just when I was about to largely give up on dugpa.com, decided to come and post something as insignificant as what I thought were minor nods to Mulholland Drive in Bojack Horseman (great show, thanks Reindeer, you vouched for it a long while back); and I find my favorite thread exploding!



Heh, glad you liked it! I don’t even recall the MD nods. That show was so dense with references.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests