Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jerry Horne »

Peter Deming:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.57.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.57.05 PM.png (80.55 KiB) Viewed 6974 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jerry Horne wrote:Peter Deming:
Interesting. So at least we know Wisteria is happening
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Very nice. I'm 100% sure something is happening - Lynch basically said as much during a recent interview. Other than that we have nothing to go on I guess (but I tend to believe the rumours about the scale of the project).

Does anyone know if the lockdown has actually enhanced the budgets of streaming services? Obviously production has got more expensive, but I'd expect streaming services to be like supermarkets, i.e. big winners.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Mmmm, sounds promising from Peter Deming!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

baxter wrote:Very nice. I'm 100% sure something is happening - Lynch basically said as much during a recent interview. Other than that we have nothing to go on I guess (but I tend to believe the rumours about the scale of the project).

Does anyone know if the lockdown has actually enhanced the budgets of streaming services? Obviously production has got more expensive, but I'd expect streaming services to be like supermarkets, i.e. big winners.
I’m excited because it’s coming to Netflix and that would be a good exposure for Lynch. People new to Lynch would be quite high. When what did jack do came out it was trending for a day or two in India , and quite a lot of people actually watched it. Even though they did had never heard of Lynch before
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Holy shit! This is sad. What could have gone wrong? Maybe that’s the reason Mark Frost unfollowed David Lynch on Twitter? The chances of Wisteria being Twin Peaks is higher now, but twin peaks without Mark would be something else. He’s the reason we got Season 3
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

The plot thickens!

I remember it was remarked on this board that Frost seemed very ambivalent about Lynch in Conversations with Mark Frost, and there are parts I remember that had that tone. e.g. wasn't he asked at some point if more exposition should have been in the show and he agreed and sort of sighed as he did it? Maybe I'm only half-remembering the reality.

This is one of those things where hindsight is powerful though. Nothing in the book led me to conclude that they had had a big falling out. Instead I felt that Mark was just being honest about what working with Lynch is like.

Perhaps they haven't actually had a big falling out.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hmm. Based on this it looks like Lynch could do more Twin Peaks without Frost's approval after all. That definitely opens up a lot of possibilities for this project. I'm still on the fence, though, because of Netflix. I'd have thought that Showtime wouldn't let go of Twin Peaks.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

However, the same Twitter user:
tp.png
tp.png (22.68 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
baxter wrote:Does anyone know if the lockdown has actually enhanced the budgets of streaming services? Obviously production has got more expensive, but I'd expect streaming services to be like supermarkets, i.e. big winners.
Probably so. Next to people obviously having more time on their hands to watch home media, giants like e.g. Disney and AT&T (Warner, HBO), have all geared up to focus more on streaming. Logically, this would mean that also Netflix has to invest even more to keep competing. I'm just not sure why they'd invest bigtime in David Lynch. Though his work is timeless and bound to be a cult hit and will probably garner viewers over many years to come.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

There's also this:
The user then links it to two of Lynch's artworks.

Stray thought, if the rumors pertain to TP: of the 85 mil budget, a part is for Netflix to buy the (streaming) rights to the entire series. I mean, I know that the upcoming LOTR series will be the most expensive tv series ever made, a huge contributor was Amazon having to buy the rights from the Tolkien Estate.
I mean, would Netflix really feel comfortable with giving it's users a season 4 if they still have to buy a SHO subscription to watch the former episodes?
Last edited by Soolsma on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, I was about to post this. I did some research myself and I can confirm that this is true. Check this out:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

There are 10 letters in between A and K and 10 is the number of completion. Also if Netflix is buying the Twin Peaks IP, why would CBS own the Twin Peaks festivals now?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Though this does not confirm anything.. I thought I’d post this.
And it looks like Kyle may have dyed his hair.