Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:47 pm

LateReg wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:Interesting tidbits. I'm still inclined to think if Frost and Showtime are not involved it is not Twin Peaks related, but I wouldn't rule it out.

As for dream casting, I recall that post-BLM discussion between Lynch and Sutherland where Lynch expressed an interest in centering POC in his work, and I can't imagine he'd have too many more opportunities other than whatever this upcoming project turns out to be. So I'd love to see pretty much any member of the cast of "Atlanta" work with Lynch, but especially Lakeith Stanfield.

Can you link that? I recall the earlier Robert Johnson rumors, and that Sutherland said she would think more in depth about diversity during further projects, but other than a "if a person is right for the job thats all that matters" during the interview I'm thinking of, I don't recall Lynch's quote regarding the matter of focusing on POC. Thanks in advance.

I'd read this article. I misrembered details: may have been a print interview instead of a video, and sounds like Sutherland was expressing it more which should make anti-diversity folks happy : https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-lyn ... quarantine

Both Lynch and Sutherland say that America’s ongoing racial reckoning, including clarion calls for increased diversity in front of and behind the camera, has caused them to consider ways to better center BIPOC voices in their work, a subject that Lynch’s features have long interrogated.

“It makes me think about what I’ve been doing and how I can improve in that respect,” reflects Sutherland. She says that, while many David Lynch productions are staffed with long-time Lynch collaborators like Duwayne Dunham, Peter Deming, and Alfredo Ponce, she plans to “give opportunities that haven’t been there in the past” when new projects can begin safely crewing up.

Lynch, for his part, says that while “it would be wrong to put someone in a role for any other reason than they are perfect for the part,” he also “understands the frustration if people aren’t welcome to the table.” The rule that guides him now after more than five decades of filmmaking is simply to find fellow human beings willing to “follow the ideas” as they come up during production. If that’s the case, “I’m open for anything and I would work with anyone if they were right for the part. Zero problem,” he says.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Postby LateReg » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:16 pm

ManBehindWinkies wrote:
I'd read this article. I misrembered details: may have been a print interview instead of a video, and sounds like Sutherland was expressing it more which should make anti-diversity folks happy : https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-lyn ... quarantine

Thanks, that's the one I thought you were referencing.
JackwithOneEye
Roadhouse Member

Postby JackwithOneEye » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 pm

It would be fantastic if Lynch gave more roles of depth and prominence to people of color in whatever he is doing next. It doesnt have to be all out PC, but Jade the prostitute, the comic relief cop in the Las Vegas scenes is a little minstrel-y, the homeless woman in Inland Empire, and so on, there's def. room for improvement.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Postby Rudagger » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:33 pm

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Postby krishnanspace » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:25 pm

Rudagger wrote:https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status/1334645025498681346?s=20

‘Unrecorded Night’? Hm.

Hmm.. interesting. The only link between Twin peaks and flowers that I can think of is Blue Rose. I’m 80% certain that this is something new
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Postby ringbearer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:19 am

'Unrecorded Night' immediately made me think of The Return's final scene
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Postby eyeboogers » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:12 am

Rudagger wrote:https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status/1334645025498681346?s=20

‘Unrecorded Night’? Hm.

Thanks for sharing. This is a very "Darkened Room" type title. This could even be an additional davidlynch.com style hobby project made during lockdown.
Jasper
Great Northern Member

Postby Jasper » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:10 am

This mystery itself is very Lynchian. It's part of the experience.

What a wonderful thing to be wondering about.
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Postby Jonah » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 am

ringbearer wrote:'Unrecorded Night' immediately made me think of The Return's final scene

Same.

-

Been lurking, reading all your comments, not sure what to think.
Cappy
RR Diner Member

Postby Cappy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:16 am

How did I go this long without realizing his middle name was Keith..?
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Postby Jonah » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:14 am

Jasper wrote:This mystery itself is very Lynchian. It's part of the experience.

What a wonderful thing to be wondering about.

QFT.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Postby BGate » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:14 am

much better title than "Wisteria", anyway. god this is so exciting!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:20 am

Hmm perhaps an anthology with multiple stories taking place on the same night in different locations (sort of the inverse of ‘Hotel Room’)? Who knows, but it’s fun to dream until we know more...
JackwithOneEye
Roadhouse Member

Postby JackwithOneEye » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 am

i love Unrecorded Night as a title. my immediate reaction to think back to the 'I prefer to remember things my own way, not necessarily the way they happened' line and how terrified Fred Madison is of the mystery man recording him. which seems to go for a lot of Lynch. Either one has a certain perception of reality, or a missing piece, missing diary pages, missing memories, etc.

i kinda hope it's not more TP at this point, I'd love to see a fresh mystery.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Postby krishnanspace » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 pm

The official Twin peaks YouTube channel now just has 22 videos. Earlier it was in the 30s. The 15 second recap of every episode is missing now and a lot of videos are private now

Return to “General”