Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Just look inside yourself Krishnan and you know the answer is a big YES.

There will always be a section of film fans who love Twin Peaks in its different forms. If we see what amounts to a repetition of the dreamlike, lacking in story The Return, I think that would really cause problems for the 'franchise' though.

Thankyou to Dugpa for continuing this forum!
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Great to have the board back. The Kyle post has pretty much cemented this imo. The Heidi one you could argue about, but not this one. It IS happening again. I suppose there's still a chance it's not TP or it's only partially TP but it seems pretty clear David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan, Sabrina Sutherland, and Andrea Hays are involved in an upcoming project and if it's not Peaks, I doubt Hays would be chiming in, as she hasn't been involved in any other Lynch projects. I'm pretty sure it is Peaks or Peaks related, but I suppose it could be a new unrelated Lynch show called "Wisteria" featuring actors from Peaks - that would be pretty awesome too as a new Lynch series is reason enough to celebrate.

It's not a coincidence the cast is starting to tweet #wisteria and in hashtag form. Does Wisteria have significance beyond being a working title? The cast starting to use it in hashtags as a tease is interesting. Is it just because they knew that we know it's the working title or does it have more significance to the project itself do you think?
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

(Edit - removing link to old article that seemed to be published this year but was actually published back when the revival was released)
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

That article seems to be from 2017? It's also just quoting other sources from 2017?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Baxter, I can't quote you (due to website error) but you're right, I missed the line about it just having wrapped up. Weirdly, the date on the side says Mar 25, 2021, and I was reading just the quotes themselves.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Summary of some stuff (nothing new) - Kyle MacLachlan Stokes the Ongoing ‘Twin Peaks’ Speculation Surrounding David Lynch’s Netflix Series ‘Wisteria’/’Unrecorded Night’ https://television.mxdwn.com/news/kyle- ... ded-night/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

At this point I'm just excited that, no matter what Wisteria/Unrecorded Night is, Kyle appears to be a part of it. Even if it's a Lynch original, it's exciting to know that they'll be working together again.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'd prefer Peaks but wouldn't mind if it was something new. As much as I love Peaks, the Return was essentially a new Lynch show with elements of Peaks. If this new show is something like that but an even more extreme version or something entirely new, then so be it. I'd like to see what happens Laura and Cooper (Richard and Carrie) and Audrey, but I don't particularly feel the need to learn more about any of the other characters we saw in the Return (none of the new ones, not particularly interested in the rest of the Peaks ones either in that I don't feel any of them were left on huge cliffhangers and the ones that were - such as Shelly and Bobby's daughter - I'm not really interested in), unless I hear those who didn't appear in the revival - Josie, Catherine, Annie, Donna, etc. - are also coming back.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Mr. Strawberry knows, but he's not taking any calls.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Are you Mr Strawberry Mordeen?

:shock:
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I might say I'm the muffin, but didn't the muffins have huckleberries in them? I'm flush with huckleberries.

Mr. Strawberry will remain a mystery.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I'd be very interested to see Red again, but not sure if that would happen.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

[quote="krishnanspace"]Suppose this does not turn out to be Twin Peaks , do you guys think we may get more twin peaks after this thing ? I mean Wisteria won’t be coming out until 2022. So does Twin peaks have a future after 2022?[/quote]

i dont think it's as durable as james bond or star wars or dr who or star trek to keep going beyond DL/MF's lifetimes.

maybe if they had kept to the soap opera format of it focusing a lot on the town folk
it could keep on going like general hospital.

depends on what the estates want to do long term.
I feel like any sequel post DL lifetime may feel fan fictiony if it tries to answer the big questions of the lodges and stuff...

someone may try a reboot of the Laura Palmer mystery in 2045,
or a sequel with new copycat murders and Michael Cera playing sherriff Brennan
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Trying to figure out the connection between the two titles - Wisteria and Unrecorded Night — or why Lynch may have chosen them as possible titles for the same work.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I still reckon the titles may mean nothing at this point. The cast may just be picking up on internet rumours and having fun with them.