Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Soolsma »

Idk but it only now struck me LMFAP differs only one letter from LMFAO.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Idk but it only now struck me LMFAP differs only one letter from LMFAO.

:lol: I know, Little Man FAP too
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I watched the first episode of Atlantic Crossing with Kyle playing FDR. pretty good.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What do we call the guy at the end who appeared at Janey-E's door? Dougie 2?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

Dougie-E
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

un_w_04_15_21_poc.jpg
un_w_04_15_21_poc.jpg (25.91 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
Just something.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

One might argue that since Earle's soul was utterly annihilated by BOB, he entered there with imperfect courage.

I wonder who could have entered Glastonbury grove and withstood it's dark powers. Perhaps Andy.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I hope Lynch’s show is on Netflix. All the Netflix shows are in 4K Dolby Vision HDR and the colours really look kickass. If it’s Twin peaks, the black lodge would be mind blowing to see in Dolby Vision
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:30 am One might argue that since Earle's soul was utterly annihilated by BOB, he entered there with imperfect courage.

I wonder who could have entered Glastonbury grove and withstood it's dark powers. Perhaps Andy.
I think that's why Andy got called up by The Fireman.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If a new Lynch project is percolating, whether or not it's more Twin Peaks, when would you expect an announcement?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

It's in the numbers sowewhere, I bet.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

A little bird told me: 'soon'

That's all I got.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Random thought. If the budget truly is $85 million that would indicate it's probably Twin Peaks or else a major big-budget Lynch original, right? That's double the budget of the Return and something they'd only spend if it was going to be something big. (Kyle said he's "prepping for something big".) TP has enough name recognition to warrant a budget like that, even if the Showtime ratings weren't amazing. I'm not quite sure a Lynch original series does, but it could. What does seem to be certain, though, is that it's unlikely to be a series of short little mini-movies on a budget like What Did Jack Do? (which I haven't seen).
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:12 am Random thought. If the budget truly is $85 million that would indicate it's probably Twin Peaks or else a major big-budget Lynch original, right? That's double the budget of the Return and something they'd only spend if it was going to be something big. (Kyle said he's "prepping for something big".) TP has enough name recognition to warrant a budget like that, even if the Showtime ratings weren't amazing. I'm not quite sure a Lynch original series does, but it could. What does seem to be certain, though, is that it's unlikely to be a series of short little mini-movies on a budget like What Did Jack Do? (which I haven't seen).
I don’t think we know the budget of TR?

Kyle isn’t necessarily working out for the Lynch thing. Even if he is in it, he could be getting in shape for a Marvel movie or something.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Wikipedia says $41 million, I know it's not reliable but it has a source - a PDF document. Haven't read it so no idea if it's accurate, but I think I saw that figure quoted on here too.

Edit - This is the document - https://www.filmla.com/wp-content/uploa ... v5_WEB.pdf. Page 14 has the amount listed for TP. Accompanying note on wiki says "This amount represents the total qualified expenditures for the California Film & Television Tax Credit and excludes other non-qualifying costs." No idea how reliable or accurate this is but it's the only thing I've seen about a possible budget.