Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by bob_wooler »

Sabrina's profile photo looks like something.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

You can almost smell that night-blooming jasmine.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210609-022347_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-022347_Instagram.jpg (60.25 KiB) Viewed 4016 times
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

thedougpa wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:28 pm You can almost smell that night-blooming jasmine.
I'd certainly have a very difficult time explaining this as anything other than a relatively overt attempt to mimic wisteria, and a successful one at that.

People had previously mentioned that this purple dye job brought to mind the color of wisteria. This photo makes it seem even more so that the name (or code name), Wisteria, was legitimate, and that the project, whatever it might be, is moving full steam ahead.

P.S.
wst.jpg
wst.jpg (49.71 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jasper wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:52 pm This photo makes it seem even more so that the name (or code name), Wisteria, was legitimate, and that the project, whatever it might be, is moving full steam ahead.
And if that doesn't, her next story definitely does
vdcJaaN0Ej.jpg
vdcJaaN0Ej.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
But, as some might say, it could be a coincidence that she's putting a post from another page that happens to be called "VVisteria Lodge" on her own story.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

:shock:

This is the first time that I have started to think that these wisteria photos mean something. This might just be the most genius viral marketing ever devised!

Also: my word, Amanda Seyfried looks amazing even just standing in front of a bunch of flowers!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Well I think all of us can get a bit excited now

https://twitter.com/mexopolis/status/14 ... 24673?s=21

The poster of this tweet works at Netflix
"Jade give two rides."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

:-D

Colour correction, eh? I've never discounted the possibility that they are just going to drop something finished. More likely that he just walked past them in the building though.

This is torture!!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

baxter wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:49 am :-D

Colour correction, eh? I've never discounted the possibility that they are just going to drop something finished. More likely that he just walked past them in the building though.

This is torture!!
Wonder if Lynch got the haircut for a meeting with Netflix? I have a feeling we might actually be hearing something soon. If they drop something finished I will be amazed
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

There is no way they would just drop something finished, because there was no time to film it since the pandemic prevented it, but something is definitely happening.

Could it be that, yes, he did get a haircut for a meeting with Netflix, and this thing is actually in some stage of negotiations, so that is why there was no official announcement yet?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

baxter wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:49 am :-D

This is torture!!
He's just fixing the scene with Albert's mea culpa.

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

So we definitely know that he was at Netflix yesterday. I think they met to discuss production start time and maybe an actual announcement. This news might’ve livened things up for me a bit.
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:18 am So we definitely know that he was at Netflix yesterday. I think they met to discuss production start time and maybe an actual announcement. This news might’ve livened things up for me a bit.
Yeah, for me too. I also rewatched Wild at Heart yesterday, so I'm in a Lynch mood.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Also, he wasn't at colour correction. He walked past it. Hope we get some info on where he'd possibly be walking around that area of the building.

But I'd assume with the beard trim it's off to record a message annoucing the show.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am
Yeah. It's just that Half Mermaid are now casting for their Project Ambrosio interactive "live action" game that will revolve around fake live-action movies-within-movies-within-game set in the 1500s, 1990s, 1968, 1920s and 1950s.

Apparently, the films will be live action and interactive while the game will form a meta-narrative around those films. They're announcing the game in five days or so according to their Twitter.

Just had a very odd and fleeting sensation that these two projects could be connected after Laura Dern's comments on how the project is "radical boundery-less art."

Just posting this as a moonshot in case it somehow turns out there's something in it.
The game's developer just started following Twin Peaks Archive and David Lynch. And the director (also started following those two) is now followed by Harry Goaz.

The most cathartic day will be finally being released from all this paranoid rabbit-hole digging :D
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 am The most cathartic day will be finally being released from all this paranoid rabbit-hole digging :D
True, but it will also leave us feeling somewhat empty inside, "liberated" from the speculation that kept us going for so long - not unlike when they revealed the identity of Laura's killer.