Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:02 am I guess I have misses the bee reference. Who said bees have anything to do with UN?
No clue but they keep referencing them.

Too many to mention but the biggest one was Kyle's (now deleted) response to a comment on his wisteria pic: "bee-uitiful :lol:"
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Hester Prynne wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:11 am I took There Are Owls to mean there are owls on the forum, especially with the post a little ways back of the Giant telling Coop better to listen than to talk.

Don’t know why anything said here would matter to a potential production as we’re all just fans, so I’m probably just interpreting it wrong.
Or perhaps you're not.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I remember Arbogast. He left most likely from too many people on here spreading the hints.

I took Mordeen's post as it could mean a few things.

Fake news people, O & A, internet news spreaders....etc. A lot of people only come on here for this specific thread of Dugpa. You don't have to be a member to read this stuff either. Owls/snakes are everywhere. The owls are not what they seem.

I also think Mordeen is talking about the Lynch project. And that something has happened and the project is in jeopardy. Or is already not happening anymore.

I also could be way off and wrong... its layered.

And for Mordeen's sand and stars post. I think its about Kyle and Dern being booked up. No time for the stars that would be needed.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's not currently letting me delete accidental duplicates.

- Mordeen
Last edited by Mordeen on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Histeria wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 am
Hester Prynne wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:11 am I took There Are Owls to mean there are owls on the forum, especially with the post a little ways back of the Giant telling Coop better to listen than to talk.

Don’t know why anything said here would matter to a potential production as we’re all just fans, so I’m probably just interpreting it wrong.
Unless the owls in the Roadhouse/forum are members of production.
Wicked Game
Wicked Game
toaltp.jpg (24.46 KiB) Viewed 30484 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

LateReg wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:43 pm Interesting re: Rodd's "I've been places" comment. I had always interpreted it as some sense of supernatural due to the delivery and the way it was triggered, and while Frost had nothing to do with FWWM, I never questioned his interpretation of Rodd in Secret History since it seemed "obvious" to me. But, food for thought.
If my memory serves me well, TSHOTP lists Card Rodd as one of three youngsters to have been gone missing for a couple of days at Jack Rabbit's place. Margaret Lanterman was another, and I do not remember who the third person was (one of the Milford brothers?). Now, since this is coming from TSHOTP, it may not be strictly "canon", but could offer an alternative interpretation to what Carl Rodd had in mind.

That being said, even during FWWM I took his stance to have been a more mystical/supernatural one, mostly due to Chet Desmond and Chalfont/Tremond vanishing acts.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Histeria wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:00 am I remember someone making a joke about Sabrina hiding that person behind that red Zoom background filter thingy.

What happened to them, out of interest?
That was me.

Arbogast is safely relegated to legendary status, where he lives inside our dreams. Don’t go any further with it. There’s nothing good about it.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

TwinsPeak wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:09 am I remember Arbogast. He left most likely from too many people on here spreading the hints.

I took Mordeen's post as it could mean a few things.

Fake news people, O & A, internet news spreaders....etc. A lot of people only come on here for this specific thread of Dugpa. You don't have to be a member to read this stuff either. Owls/snakes are everywhere. The owls are not what they seem.

I also think Mordeen is talking about the Lynch project. And that something has happened and the project is in jeopardy. Or is already not happening anymore.

I also could be way off and wrong... its layered.

And for Mordeen's sand and stars post. I think its about Kyle and Dern being booked up. No time for the stars that would be needed.
Some good rock throwing there. You hit the bottle a couple times but it didn't break.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

The way I'm interpreting Mordeen's posts is that members of the production team (Sabrina or others) are watching this thread and looking for anyone posting spoilers. But why would they be doing that, if there really is nothing happening and the project fell through?

Curious indeed...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Eh, I don't know. I'm still mostly over it all (the speculation, etc.) until there's an official announcement or someone is spotted filming something. And I was arguably one of the most hopeful and upbeat members of the thread lol!

Just to clarify - I'm not saying nothing is happening, I still kinda feel something is, I'm just over all the dead ends of rumours and speculation that seem to lead nowhere. This isn't aimed at anyone - just speaking in general terms.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Honestly, I don't really care about, nor do I even really especially want, "spoilers" for whatever this is. I don't care who is in it, what network it's at, the budget, if it's set in the 1950s in New Mexico or 2057 on Mars, etc. I just would like to know if it's actually still happening or not, regardless of what form it takes. I know it's naive to think they could confirm something and go into production without any leaks whatsoever but it would be nice to either know something is indeed in the works, slowly but surely, or if I should emotionally move on if it's just dead in the water. All the social media posts, reddit leaks and fatecolossal threads, etc. are just fun speculation fodder to me, no more no less. I don't really invest a lot in all of that but it's something to pass the time here and there while we're in this actual news lull.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Ickles wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 pm Honestly, I don't really care about, nor do I even really especially want, "spoilers" for whatever this is. I don't care who is in it, what network it's at, the budget, if it's set in the 1950s in New Mexico or 2057 on Mars, etc. I just would like to know if it's actually still happening or not, regardless of what form it takes. I know it's naive to think they could confirm something and go into production without any leaks whatsoever but it would be nice to either know something is indeed in the works, slowly but surely, or if I should emotionally move on if it's just dead in the water. All the social media posts, reddit leaks and fatecolossal threads, etc. are just fun speculation fodder to me, no more no less. I don't really invest a lot in all of that but it's something to pass the time here and there while we're in this actual news lull.

THIS
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Jonah wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:11 pm
That's the best summary I can come up with - others might want to add more to it!
Many thanks!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

No worries. If anyone else is new or returning here and not wanting to read all of the last 400 or even 100 pages, you'll find a summary of most news to date in a few paragraphs on Page 425.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:44 pm Eh, I don't know. I'm still mostly over it all (the speculation, etc.) until there's an official announcement or someone is spotted filming something. And I was arguably one of the most hopeful and upbeat members of the thread lol!

Just to clarify - I'm not saying nothing is happening, I still kinda feel something is, I'm just over all the dead ends of rumours and speculation that seem to lead nowhere. This isn't aimed at anyone - just speaking in general terms.
Totally get it. And agree. I was just trying to decode Mordeen's posts and see if he has a hidden message for us. As you know, I for one am in the skeptical camp (I used to be more optimistic but I think things unfortunately went sideways).

Another way to summarize the situation is this:

1) Lynch copyrighted scripts for a project named Unrecorded Night last year but there is a precedent for him registering a script that was never produced

2) PW listing stated a May production start date which was incorrect and thus the listing can be completely dismissed

3) There were rumors of a Netflix project last year but the pandemic may have either indefinitely delayed or put a permanent stop to it (covid precautions would cut considerably into the budget and caused Lynch to film the project for much less than initially agreed upon and of course it wouldn't be the first time Lynch walked out on a project due to what he perceived to be an insufficient budget)

4) A whole bunch of social media activity that could be interpreted in different ways and at the end of the day doesn't offer any concrete proof or really add up to much of anything, but your mileage on this issue may vary