Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

David Lich wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:06 pm
Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:58 pm Dougie may have a different answer, but this is what Wikipedia says:

"To take something with a "grain of salt" or "pinch of salt" is an English idiom that suggests to view something, specifically claims that may be misleading or unverified, with skepticism or to not interpret something literally."

:lol: :roll: I know what that phrase means, but in the context of how little he is saying,. if then, on top of that, we are asked to take it "with a grain of salt", what remains?
No need to eyeroll. I assumed you knew what it meant, and that most people do, but then I remembered that not everyone on this forum speaks English as a first language (many users are in non-English speaking countries/learning English, etc.) so I wasn't sure and hence shared the explanation. It's quite possible therefore that a lot of people might not be aware of the saying.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:51 pm Unrecorded Night is not what it seems.
Or it may be exactly what it seems, depending on what people think it's going to be?
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jasper wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:15 pm
Wait...what does it seem?
My thought as well — if we’re being lead into thinking it’s one thing that it’s not — what are we being lead to believe that it is? If we can’t answer that question, I don’t think they’re doing a very good job - lol.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I took it to mean that we're assuming there is some sort of TV series with multiple episodes with a working title of "Unrecorded Night", and it's some kind of monolithic entity (even if it is an anthology series), but that may not be true.

But this entire thread is just mysterious hints from people who may or may not be telling the truth (and I'm not trying to call anyone a liar), then the rest of us getting excited and trying to ring every nuance out of every word, which isn't how language works. So I'm still hopeful something cool is happening, but f**k knows what :lol:
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I trust my source but then again the information could very well be wrong you really never know until it’s official and I don’t want to get peoples hopes up because again information can be wrong. Sorry if I screwed up the hints on that last post as you can tell I’m not as good as Mordeen when it comes to this stuff.

However, I was told that… (buckle up everybody and please take this with a grain of salt)

It is happening again. Right after the Wisteria blooms.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Some people might want to say more but have been told not to or feel they can't in order to protect their source and/or not risk the person who told them not telling them more.

And some people might not be sure of the information and want to wait and verify it first or wait to see if someone else releases the info first so as not to put any more unsubstantiated rumours out into the ether that may turn out not to be true and just get people's hopes up for nothing. So there could be a lot of reasons people are saying nothing or hinting but unwilling or unable to elaborate.
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:09 pm However, I was told that… (buckle up everybody and please take this with a grain of salt)
Gulp.
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:15 pm

No need to eyeroll. I assumed you knew what it meant, and that most people do, but then I remembered that not everyone on this forum speaks English as a first language (many users are in non-English speaking countries/learning English, etc.) so I wasn't sure and hence shared the explanation. It's quite possible therefore that a lot of people might not be aware of the saying.
sorry for that, it wasnt meant in a harsh way.
English is not my first language but I understand it good enough, now when it comes to writting im a little more rough.

To keep with the idea.... Some people think this has to be mosdef TP, or TP "related" . If I took to the letter Mordeen's hints, he is always using TP Codes... so,.. there, one has to assume it is TP related at least.

I preffer and want it to be something else, but if Lynch really has ideas for more TP, then so be it.

The wait to know something, anything tangible is really getting to long.... since DECEMBER, if we go by the copyright thing, is it? and there has been rumors even before....

We need to know, ...
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

A thumbs up to all of what Jonah said. I can not verify the information I just posted and I can’t elaborate more. I’m not sure if that’s what other people have heard as well but that is what I was told.
Last edited by DougieJones on Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jade give two rides."
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:09 pm

:shock:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

David Lich wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:13 pm sorry for that, it wasnt meant in a harsh way.
English is not my first language but I understand it good enough, now when it comes to writting im a little more rough.
No worries. I did feel a little silly quoting Wikipedia - but I googled to get a good definition of it rather than trying to explain in case it was a case of not being familiar with the English idiom. I just wasn't sure what you meant. Definitely wasn't meant to be condescending.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:14 pm A thumbs up to all of what Jonah said. I can not verify the information I just posted and I can’t elaborate more. I’m not sure if that’s what other people have heard as well but that is what I was told.
so before we can go back to town, we'll get to go to Lynchland first??? OH MY!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hmmm. So Jade isn't the only one giving two rides?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

David Lich wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:25 pm
DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:14 pm A thumbs up to all of what Jonah said. I can not verify the information I just posted and I can’t elaborate more. I’m not sure if that’s what other people have heard as well but that is what I was told.
so before we can go back to town, we'll get to go to Lynchland first??? OH MY!
😉
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 pm Hmmm. So Jade isn't the only one giving two rides?
Hahah I knew that quote would come in handy one day
"Jade give two rides."