Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by eyeboogers »

Mostly agree BGate, however I do think the Lynch camp could have handled the situation with the persistent rumours better than they have. At times it has felt as if there was a bit of reverse-trolling going on. The weather report non-announcement is one example, that to many fans was also almost rude in its build up-letdown. Respect goes both ways.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Brad D »

It’s a two-way street. Sabrina knows very well the phenomenon we will call Wisteria-ish. She’s digging in her archives and spinning the posts without much context in a public forum, so not a shock people are willing it into more than it might be, and also haranguing her about what’s going on. I think it’s good to engage your audience, but her posts coupled with Lynch’s faux-announcement are a bit troll-y IMHO
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

“grow the hell up, seriously.”

We’re addicted to and debating. a soap opera off the air thirty years about a dancing dwarf and talking logs. Sad to say, I think that lifeboat for most of us sailed away long ago.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

An incredulous thought just passed through my head: what if Lynch is currently making S4 using kitchen utensils as characters? A precedent for it was sorta set with the way he handled the Little Man from Another Place and Phillip Jeffries situations in The Return. And it would be of very low covid risk. Almost nonexistent!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm An incredulous thought just passed through my head: what if Lynch is currently making S4 using kitchen utensils as characters? A precedent for it was sorta set with the way he handled the Little Man from Another Place and Phillip Jeffries situations in The Return. And it would be of very low covid risk. Almost nonexistent!
I loved the LMFAP workaround for S3. Pretty cool stuff.

The Jeffries teapot did not work for me. I would rather have had them put another actor in there.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

Agent Earle wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm An incredulous thought just passed through my head: what if Lynch is currently making S4 using kitchen utensils as characters? A precedent for it was sorta set with the way he handled the Little Man from Another Place and Phillip Jeffries situations in The Return. And it would be of very low covid risk. Almost nonexistent!
almost no whisk at all!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

And he did have that tedious Dougie character have an action packed scene with a fork!

Dammit, just saw the whisk line…. That’s better.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 pm And he did have that tedious Dougie character have an action packed scene with a fork!

A little off topic, but wasn't there a movie 'A Ghost Story' where some audience members complained about a pie eating scene that went on too long?

I have not seen it, so I am not sure how it compares to the Dougie eating pie or cake scenes.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

If you're trying to get information out of someone who is notoriously tight-lipped, being a dick about it is definitely a great strategy.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I always knew this was ahead of its time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY69kb64M_8
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:52 pm
A little off topic, but wasn't there a movie 'A Ghost Story' where some audience members complained about a pie eating scene that went on too long?

I have not seen it, so I am not sure how it compares to the Dougie eating pie or cake scenes.
See it.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:52 pm
Audrey Horne wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 pm And he did have that tedious Dougie character have an action packed scene with a fork!

Probably closer to the Green Onions sweeping scene. The Ghost Story pie thing isn't really too unusual in the context of slow cinema, I think it just got a lot of traction/infamy online being an A24 movie.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

BGate wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:19 pm If you're trying to get information out of someone who is notoriously tight-lipped, being a dick about it is definitely a great strategy.
I don't think they were being a dick though - I give them credit for persisting in asking such questions. They were not especially rude or anything.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Unrecorded Night remains unrecorded.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.