Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Metamorphia »

Given she's no doubt inundated with desperate messages about Wisteria/UN then yeah I get why it has a teasing quality... but it's not terribly out of step with the other photo memories she shares, is it? The present tense style of the caption makes sense for what it is really, a crystalised moment.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Soolsma »

I understand her occasional cynicism, and her not feeling the need to include a disclaimer every time she posts anything that could possibly have TP fans thinking she might be hinting. "Season 4 WhEn?!?!" is probably the most FAQ she gets in her life.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Soolsma wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:00 am I understand her occasional cynicism, and her not feeling the need to include a disclaimer every time she posts anything that could possibly have TP fans thinking she might be hinting.
Geez, whatever in her post gave them that idea?!
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Soolsma wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:00 am I understand her occasional cynicism, and her not feeling the need to include a disclaimer every time she posts anything that could possibly have TP fans thinking she might be hinting. "Season 4 WhEn?!?!" is probably the most FAQ she gets in her life.
Screenshot_20211004-002708_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211004-002708_Instagram.jpg (64.35 KiB) Viewed 3589 times
:lol:
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:28 pm
Soolsma wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:00 am I understand her occasional cynicism, and her not feeling the need to include a disclaimer every time she posts anything that could possibly have TP fans thinking she might be hinting. "Season 4 WhEn?!?!" is probably the most FAQ she gets in her life.
Screenshot_20211004-002708_Instagram.jpg :lol:
Good response from Sabrina, because people will indeed read a bit too much into almost anything that she posts, (which is certainly not to say that some of her posts don’t come across as somewhat suggestive). (If we really read into this one, it might, at most, indicate dreaming of a project that didn’t materialize or is indefinitely delayed.)

I think that we should thank Sabrina for giving us things to overanalyze and misinterpret, because, to me at least, it’s a lot more fun than nothing. I think it’s good to be as lighthearted as we can be about all of this.

So, thank you, Sabrina, and keep on making those social media posts.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jasper wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:37 pm
Histeria wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:28 pm
Screenshot_20211004-002708_Instagram.jpg :lol:
(If we really read into this one, it might, at most, indicate dreaming of a project that didn’t materialize or is indefinitely delayed.)
Please show your working on that one :mrgreen:
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Sabrina could have announced Twin Peaks Season Four on her instagram at any point in the last six hours and we'd never know.

If an Instagram tease is unrecorded and nobody sees it, does it even night?

Then again, there's always reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... /_/hfdvjo1
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 pm
Jasper wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:37 pm (If we really read into this one, it might, at most, indicate dreaming of a project that didn’t materialize or is indefinitely delayed.)
Please show your working on that one :mrgreen:
Sorry, the dog ate it.

The black dog that runs at night!
Histeria wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 pm Then again, there's always reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... /_/hfdvjo1
Sometimes when dugpa goes down I take a look at the Twin Peaks Reddit. It's in those brief moments that I most appreciate the true value of dugpa.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Histeria wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:30 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CUoPP3JpEgj ... =copy_link

Another one of the "like every comment" posts. Interestingly, she likes every comment when one of them refers to Wisteria/UN but usually doesn't like any when there's no connection to the alleged series.

But yeah, another teasing caption either way:

please note that I just like the color purple and it has no other meaning for all of you curious people👀)
The formica table of green color next to the corn creaming machine on the second storey of the Convenience Store is worth paying strict attention to.

I'm leaning toward PR troll while there's not even a Roadhouse anymore.

- ???????
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mordeen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm
The formica table of green color next to the corn creaming machine on the second storey of the Convenience Store is worth paying strict attention to.
I totally missed the corn creaming machine. Is that what it was.

- ???????
To misquote the Log Lady, the biggest rhetorical question on the PR troll front is "why?"
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Histeria wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:19 am
Mordeen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm
I totally missed the corn creaming machine. Is that what it was.

- ???????
To misquote the Log Lady, the biggest rhetorical question on the PR troll front is "why?"
I'll bite.

I was joking about everything I saw in that pic because it just feels like things have become stretched thin of hope for something that has likely died on the vine.

PR trolling? Seems easy to recognize. Draw attention to a thing that is basically a fat nothingburger with cheese to maintain interest and then pop out something completely unrelated to the interest at hand, like, say a remastered edition or an A-Z box set that basically only soaked up money for little.

George Lucas, one of my heroes, has mastered this art and I was a sucker for it at first. Not so much anymore.

But hey, YouTube is AWESOME.

- Moredom
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Histeria wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:39 am My "why" was aimed at Sabrina and the benefit to leading on a very small minority-within-minority of superfans and using Wisteria rumours as bait when she knows it's dead.
I'm with you; if the project is indeed dead or didn't ever exist to begin with, I absolutely do not understand why she would tease the fans like that.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.