Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Brad D »

For reasons I’ve stated before, I think HHM is full of it, or their source is at least
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Gee, I guess I can expect a lawsuit shortly. Perhaps I should hire a lawyer. Or maybe I should just stop frequenting this forum instead.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:32 am Gee, I guess I can expect a lawsuit shortly. Perhaps I should hire a lawyer. Or maybe I should just stop frequenting this forum instead.
Don't stop, we're all friends here.

Lynch should just announce the new season already, if nothing, then at least to give us some well-earned peace.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

"While Lynch has no official projects confirmed at this time, rumor has it he’s been working on a new limited series for quite some time now. Variety reported earlier this month that Lynch was cast in a small supporting role in Steven Spielberg’s upcoming autobiographical drama “The Fabelmans.” His role in Spielberg’s new film remains a closely guarded secret."

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/davi ... 235190262/

"Rumour" means different things to us than it does to Zack Sharf and Variety. Or, rather, they have their own rumour mills.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

The way that’s worded implies they’ve heard he’s working on something. I definitely give credence to that.

Thank you Krishnan and Histeria for some great posts today! My optimism might be nearing an all time high.
"Jade give two rides."
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

DougieJones wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:08 am
I’ve sent out a couple owls. We’ll see what comes back.

Waiting on Hedwig...
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

@dailyprophet
BREAKING: The Ministry of Magic is intercepting owl-based communications for the first time since the Second Great Wizarding War, confirms a well-placed bespectacled source at the Auror Office.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Haven’t heard any news back yet from Hagrid. Meanwhile…
Attachments
1A1B2882-F6E3-472A-A7F7-1BB919614CAB.jpeg
1A1B2882-F6E3-472A-A7F7-1BB919614CAB.jpeg (424.13 KiB) Viewed 10902 times
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ah so The Fireman's "Beware the 13th Sycamore" was actually "Beware of Albus Dumbledore"

Those closed caption subtitlers need to up their game big time.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

DougieJones wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:02 pm Haven’t heard any news back yet from Hagrid. Meanwhile…
:lol: :lol:
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

:lol:
Histeria wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:46 pm @dailyprophet
BREAKING: The Ministry of Magic is intercepting owl-based communications for the first time since the Second Great Wizarding War, confirms a well-placed bespectacled source at the Auror Office.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Heard from a pretty reputable source within the DL community.

I asked whether or not the rumors were true that Unrecorded Night is going back into production. Was told that they had no idea.

Edit: would just like to note this is not coming from the David Lynch side of production. So it’s possible that the show may have moved elsewhere.
"Jade give two rides."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I'm really stumped as to where this sudden optimism about "things" moving forward is stemming from. We literally do not have a single point of indiciation, clue, or proof that anything other than Lynch chiseling away in his workshop and concerning himself with political messages is going on. Not one single point.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Alas, I agree. I was often the eternal optimist for much of this thread but I simply see no indication that any movement is afoot. Neither of those tweets impressed me at all. And I felt the Variety article was just relaying the same old rumours we all heard about Wisteria/UN over a year ago. I don't think they have different ways of checking on or reporting on rumours. Remember, those same old nuggets did make the mainstream press over a year ago - so I think they were just referencing that. It's now "long been rumoured" that Lynch was planning to work on another show.

Not being a naysayer and to be honest, not even being pessimistic. I just don't see anything to get excited about. I do think it's still possible Wisteria/UN could be "unpaused" at some point with Netflix or someone else, and we may yet see more Twin Peaks one day. I just don't think there's any movement right now especially given Brad and others have heard nothing. Don't want to get into a debate about this. If you believe something is happening, fair enough, no need to try to convince me as I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see it myself at this point but will remain open minded and am certainly not saying that nothing is happening.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.