Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

I still think Lara Flynn Boyle’s quote from last summer - “I have something next, but if I told you I’d have to kill you. I have something, but I can’t say anything” - was a bigger bombshell than people realised. That’s the kind of language used about secret auteur films or franchise revivals, and I just don’t think her career is in a place where she’ll be appearing in a new Nolan film or Marvel project anytime soon. Outside of copyright filings it might be the biggest piece of evidence that more Twin Peaks is on its way.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Lara Flynn Boyle is in Christopher Nolan's new film which is a remake of Vier Sieb-HEN. Don't cluck to anyone about this.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Metamorphia »

DougieJones wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:18 am I can’t believe I’ve come back to such great news.

Was browsing the Criterion subreddit and there was a post about today’s news with Lynch. This was in the comments.

Edit: Today, April 8th is the day Twin Peaks premiered in 1990. Coincidence?
I still don't necessarily believe it but this kind of stuff is interesting to me. You'd have to imagine word would get around - wonder if we get any more corroborating stories from people with verifiable industry connections now this has hit Twitter...
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

DougieJones wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:18 amToday, April 8th is the day Twin Peaks premiered in 1990. Coincidence?
Cannes this year will also be the 30th anniversary of the premiere of Fire Walk With Me.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I am going to channel my inner Agent Earle here and say I won’t get excited just yet. Still just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

mtwentz wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:43 am I am going to channel my inner Agent Earle here and say I won’t get excited just yet. Still just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
Cédric Succivalli is extremely reliable as a source regarding Cannes and he confirmed that the original rumour is accurate and it's a feature length film. He wouldn't say if it's Lynch. He usually teases a lot before the festival and hadn't mentioned this at all, so I imagine he wanted to keep the secret. It's hard to think of anyone but Lynch that it could refer to though. Scepticism is healthy but this is far more likely to be true than not.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Where did he report it CDE?

Looks like the rumour is certainly true - just whether it's Lynch or not remains in question.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:13 am Where did he report it CDE?

Looks like the rumour is certainly true - just whether it's Lynch or not remains in question.
On the AwardsWorthy forum.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks.

Anyone know how long he was filming IE before people found out (and how did they find out - did Lynch mention it or was it discovered)? And has he ever filmed something entirely in secret before?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:25 am Thanks.

Anyone know how long he was filming IE before people found out (and how did they find out - did Lynch mention it or was it discovered)? And has he ever filmed something entirely in secret before?
The company was incorporated May 2005. It was merged into Absurda in 2019, which has recently seen new filings by the same agent as IE Productions did.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Interesting - but how long had he been secretly filming IE before it was known? And who released that info? Also wondering if he ever filmed anything else in secret.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Cde. wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:07 am
mtwentz wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:43 am I am going to channel my inner Agent Earle here and say I won’t get excited just yet. Still just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
Cédric Succivalli is extremely reliable as a source regarding Cannes and he confirmed that the original rumour is accurate and it's a feature length film. He wouldn't say if it's Lynch. He usually teases a lot before the festival and hadn't mentioned this at all, so I imagine he wanted to keep the secret. It's hard to think of anyone but Lynch that it could refer to though. Scepticism is healthy but this is far more likely to be true than not.
I'm also familiar with Cedric and can confirm the validity of his posts. And while he won't confirm Lynch, it is hard to think of anyone else that fits that original tweet.

Nonetheless, I'd like the real Agent Earle to please stand up and tell us what he thinks. :)
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Kyle tweeted a nice video celebrating the Twin Peaks anniversary and the last frame is... a 2022 screencap of a Zoom meeting between Lynch, Dern and him.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Checking in, fellas. How for real are we this week?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:44 am Interesting - but how long had he been secretly filming IE before it was known? And who released that info? Also wondering if he ever filmed anything else in secret.
Lynch announced IE in May of 2005, and I believe started filming circa 2002. He had announced "Axxon N" long before 2005, so maybe that helped deflect speculation? I don't think it leaked before his announcement.