Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

June 2021, Kyle tweets this out.

This would be around the same time Lynch would be working on whatever this project that’s premiering is.

Edit: Look at what Ray Wise liked on Twitter
Attachments
C1743952-C5AB-465D-89AE-24EE2D0DF3C3.jpeg
C1743952-C5AB-465D-89AE-24EE2D0DF3C3.jpeg (314.15 KiB) Viewed 15636 times
8F29BDCA-9BED-4EDA-A768-12AF7AF9015C.jpeg
8F29BDCA-9BED-4EDA-A768-12AF7AF9015C.jpeg (253.54 KiB) Viewed 15639 times
"Jade give two rides."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

Still think this isn't a clue for anything. The Annie subplot was already wrapped up Mark's book, and they obviously decided not to address it in the show.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

An ugly tweet by Harley Peyton, liked by Frost himself...
Attachments
IMG_20220412_093429.jpg
IMG_20220412_093429.jpg (360.49 KiB) Viewed 15619 times
Last edited by Hopper on Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Big ouuf.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

What’s he replying to?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

https://twitter.com/HarleyPeyton/status ... 65154?s=19

Hold on. Can anyone parse this tweet by Peyton? There seems to be some discord in what he's implying at different points.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I’m pretty sure in 2019 that’s when we had the split of Twin Peaks Productions with Frost leaving the roles. So he may be saying that they had a falling out three years ago and Lynch is doing more Twin Peaks without him. And since Lynch is doing his version of Twin Peaks, he’s taking “the credit” away from everyone else.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

"Seems unlikely" implies present tense but it's preceeded by "three years ago"

The next part is even odder. Lynch could not do anything without Frost's blessing. It wouldn't be a "surprise".

Also, Frost said in the recent Goldstein interview he doesn't care about Lynch getting the credit because he knows his worth and "in the end, the checks coming through the mail are for the same amount."
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

He's close to Frost, so I imagine he doesn't really see his friend working on this since 2019 in secret. Frost liking the tweet is dishearting but at least rises the hope for the new thing being peak- related. If Lynch asked him to stay away and actually bought his part of the propiety –as those documents founded by someone a year ago implied– is natural, I guess, that fury liking.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah the one thing I take away from this is that David probably bought Mark Frost out of Twin Peaks and is doing something with it. It definitely makes me believe that this upcoming project is TP related.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Hopper wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:53 am He's close to Frost, so I imagine he doesn't really see his friend working on this since 2019 in secret. Frost liking the tweet is dishearting but at least rises the hope for the new thing being peak- related. If Lynch asked him to stay away and actually bought his part of the propiety –as those documents founded by someone a year ago implied– is natural, I guess, that fury liking.
He hasn't bought Frost out unless Frost has been lying since that filing was sent.

The documents reveal changes in management, not changes in ownership. Frost is still in charge of Rancho Rosa which is still occupying an office in Calvert and taking calls via the same number it had in 2015. A number and address listed as contacts for Unrecorded Night.

Why would Frost lie about owning Twin Peaks after he was railroaded into selling?

Also, Lynch wouldn't afford it. Unless Paramount bought his share out. It was them (under old name) organising the new festivals with Lynch.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Let's see.

But the fact that he's so annoyed that he liked the tweet raises a lot of questions. I think they reach an agreement. Something that allows Frost to continue to profiting but at the same time excludes him of this new thing. I think that agreement was painful to close. I also think that pain is what David Lynch called the "interferences" between him and his desire to tell the Carry Page story.

I'm only guessing, of course.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah. In all plausible scenarios this tweet was still a bummer.

Especially after Lynch and Sabrina posted pictures of Frost last year on the same day "Come Together" by The Beatles was his song for the weather report. I sincerely thought that was a gesture pointing towards a thawing in the personal relationship even if not professional.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

For those who may not have checked the other thread, Histeria graciously opened a new forum (with Dugpa's blessing) and you can register here so we can keep talking past Friday:

https://tulpa.community.forum/