Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Brad D »

Leland in the odessaverse would have been pretty cool. What if he had opened the door?
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Brad D wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:18 am Leland in the odessaverse would have been pretty cool. What if he had opened the door?
Ah man that would’ve been great
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

bob_wooler wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:35 am Whatever this is, I feel certain Michael Ontkean and Ray Wise is gonna be part of it.
And Kenneth Welsh maybe? :oops:
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:54 am And Kenneth Welsh maybe? :oops:
Oh, that would be nice. One of my favourite characters! (Of course, he could play someone else entirely.) Alas, it won't happen.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I take issue with some of the Windom Earle material, but I always enjoyed Welsh and would love to see him again.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

https://twitter.com/joshuahorowitz/stat ... 01889?s=19

David Lynch just told me in no uncertain terms he does not have a new film at Cannes this year. Take that for what it’s worth.

Also, um I just had David Lynch on the podcast.

Coming soon. https://t.co/1GnPftrqBA
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I believe Lynch. We must all agree, if a feature length thing had been filmed at some point over the last few years it feels virtually impossible without some *massive* conspiracy to pull it off.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I think Lynch likes to announce things his own way, and he’s not going to let a Variety article get in the way of that.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Brad D wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:00 pm I believe Lynch. We must all agree, if a feature length thing had been filmed at some point over the last few years it feels virtually impossible without some *massive* conspiracy to pull it off.
Womp womp (Debbie Downer music)

Shame on Variety for publishing unsubstantiated rumors
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

The thing is...he's certainly not gonna tell THAT guy two days before a potential official announcement.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

There's also this from a new Entertainment Weekly interview, FWIW:
This is the part of the interview when I usually ask people what they're working on next, but I was excited to see news yesterday that you have a new film coming out?

[Laughs] I have no new film coming out. That's a total rumor. So there you are. It is not happening. I don't have a project. I have nothing at Cannes. It's unfortunate. It got built up that people thought, "Oh, that'd be nice." But there is something new, but it's not mine. I don't know whose it is. They say there's something new at Cannes, and they don't say whose it is, and some people thought it was my film, but it's not. So we'll wait and see, and see whose it is.
https://ew.com/movies/david-lynch-inlan ... 00019169d0
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:02 pm I think Lynch likes to announce things his own way, and he’s not going to let a Variety article get in the way of that.
Maybe but the odds of this new film went from almost certainly happening to probably not happening.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

My initial reaction was it's just Lynch maintaining radio silence but his full response reads quite convincingly.

Edit: I'm really tired atm so not the best judge but the phrasing in his response could easily be him playing along, especially the last few lines
Last edited by Metamorphia on Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Anyone else find it funny that our two-year-and-counting demand for a film denial is finally granted now

Also, didn't he once respond to a question by going on about how he can't just replace Showtime with crowdfunding — without even hinting at a rapprochement with Showtime? Hours after that event, his return to S3 was officially announced.

I could be misremembering that.
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

mtwentz wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:04 pm
enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:02 pm I think Lynch likes to announce things his own way, and he’s not going to let a Variety article get in the way of that.
Maybe but the odds of this new film went from almost certainly happening to probably not happening.
I disagree. Variety is a reputable industry publication, and the probability of them publishing the story without trustworthy sources is very low. The probability of Lynch being evasive about his future project is very high however. I don't think the odds have changed substantially.