Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Hopper »

Histeria wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Hopper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:14 pm Count me in the pesimistic team. At least today! Yesterday I had some hope but there's something odd about his voice in the podcast, like he's not actually *having fun* with it. And the whole thing with the bluffing game is to have some fun, isn't it?
Why is it this particular (ostensibly false) rumour gets to him in a way none have all these years?
Because it's been run by Variety? And not as a rumour, but as a scoop. That never happened before. There's a difference between a bunch of crazy nerds like us speculating online and Variety making headlines.

About HHM... jesus, I'm exhausted and just happy that this thing ends tomorrow with the croissette announcement.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by sneakydave »

Is 'the merch' simply relating to TP t-shirts that Showtime maybe put out in 2020. Didn't they keep releasing terrible designs during that period? I'm not an expert on that stuff so I may be talking nonsense.

If it is that though, it implies Showtime is involved in the new movie.

And 'The Studio' may be referring to their mole working there possibly?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Hopper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:50 pm
Histeria wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Hopper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:14 pm Count me in the pesimistic team. At least today! Yesterday I had some hope but there's something odd about his voice in the podcast, like he's not actually *having fun* with it. And the whole thing with the bluffing game is to have some fun, isn't it?
Why is it this particular (ostensibly false) rumour gets to him in a way none have all these years?
Because it's been run by Variety? And not as a rumour, but as a scoop. That never happened before. There's a difference between a bunch of crazy nerds like us speculating online and Variety making headlines.

About HHM... jesus, I'm exhausted and just happy that this thing ends tomorrow with the croissette announcement.
Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and Deadline have all reported on Lynch projects many times without them coming to fruition. Albeit in those cases it was accurate at the time of print.

And all three of them have reported on Unrecorded Night/Wisteria over the last two years. He never responded. In fact it's a running joke how he just blanks stuff like this.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

There's a bunch of "Twin Peaks 30 Year Anniversary" shit on the Showtime store
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I got a reply from HHM.

They said the merch comment related to several TP items and toys released through Entertainment Earth in 2020.

https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... fBzNQ&s=19
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:33 pm You wonder how many of these tweets are just folks looking for likes and followers.
All of them?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ickles wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:38 pm Also, what is "The Studio"?
https://stephenking.fandom.com/wiki/The_Shop
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:56 pm I got a reply from HHM.

They said the merch comment related to several TP items and toys released through Entertainment Earth in 2020.

https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... fBzNQ&s=19
Entertainment Earth haven't —as far as I can tell— released anything Twin Peaks related since 2018.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There was supposed to be a new wave of merch exclusive to the Graceland convention.

Remember Graceland?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Last Entertainment Earth item was 2020:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... e/bbp30005
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jerry Horne wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 pm Last Entertainment Earth item was 2020:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... e/bbp30005
Oo. Nice one.

Edit: wait, that's an external company making the item. And isn't it only being sold by EE because SDCC was cancelled? Doesn't appear to be a planned public release like HHM suggests was the case.

The description even says the "SDCC Exclusive Stickers will be removed before shipping."
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

600 pages!!!!
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jerry Horne wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:04 pm There was supposed to be a new wave of merch exclusive to the Graceland convention.

Remember Graceland?
Was the Graceland event meant to be 2020? It was eh? So that could have been the rumoured announcement?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I just know it was first sold by EE in 2020.

I'm not sure if the Graceland merch was actually made or not. Wasn't there a rumor that attendees would get an exclusive announcement of something?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:12 pm 600 pages!!!!
Nice milestone to hit before the forum closes. It would have been much more only for those times it had to be shut down, locked, and posts removed - it probably would have hit at least 700, I'd say, possibly even more. Not quite a 1000 - maybe 700-800. But yeah, it's one long, long thread. Not sure it's the longest though! Think there's a couple of longer threads.

I was thinking earlier (and here's another Stephen King reference) it's now as long as a bulky Stephen King novel. (Or two 300 page novels.) Yet there's been more twists and turns (i.e. rumours), though alas they all turned out to be anticlimaxes each and every time.