Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

For a moment (before posting it) I thought it was Variety - it's late and the V threw me. But, still, I thought that was quite a provocative headline?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Yep! The headline is very provocative.

Can't tell if their tone is ironic or not for the actual article.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:55 pm No one mentioning the Vanity Fair article?
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... at-cannes/
Nah. Just using the headline for some clicks IMO. Nothing new in there.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I don't believe it - I was just surprised by the headline. But, yeah, clickbait makes sense.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)u

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

misterroundheels wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:24 pm Was it auditorium 1, the one on the ground floor, directly behind the main entrance (not off to the side)? That's their biggest screen, and where I saw Inland Empire six times in its initial run in 2006/2007. Their other screens are tiny.
Nah, it’s off to the side. On the ground floor, the house closest to the staircase that leads down to the restrooms (at least I think it was the closest). It was a small one.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Im pretty convinced it’ll be the Spielberg movie at this point. Lynch seems very coy with his answers and I do think he knows what movie the rumours are referring to.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The Spielberg movie would make a lot of sense.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’ve been pretty dubious about HHM and their crass attention seeking almost from the get-go, so I hate to say anything giving them ANY potential credence, but...there was that trademark filing in September 2020 for new merch: https://uspto.report/TM/90225363

Doesn’t seem like any of it ever materialized though.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Good catch.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:12 pm I’ve been pretty dubious about HHM and their crass attention seeking almost from the get-go, so I hate to say anything giving them ANY potential credence, but...there was that trademark filing in September 2020 for new merch: https://uspto.report/TM/90225363

Curiouser and curiouser.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:12 pm I’ve been pretty dubious about HHM and their crass attention seeking almost from the get-go, so I hate to say anything giving them ANY potential credence, but...there was that trademark filing in September 2020 for new merch: https://uspto.report/TM/90225363

Note it's Paramount's SVP for intellectual property presiding over the registration. Though they have released stuff since then. Licenced and 1st party.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I want my Twin Peaks yo-yo!

Actually, that feels like an apt metaphor for the past two years of fandom.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Anyone want to make guesses for tomorrow's announcement?

Wants:
Twin Peaks movie
New Lynch movie

Expects (in order of likelihood):
1. Spielberg movie
2. Nothing
(1 or 2 are interchangeable)
3. Jennifer Lynch movie
4. Something involving Laura Dern
5. Other
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Wants:
Twin Peaks movie
New Lynch movie

Expects:
1. Cronenberg movie (hopefully)

It would be so great to have both Davids in competition.