Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mordeen »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:48 pm the social media posts of flowers and plants and dreaming of doughnuts or who kimmy folllows or what so and so clicks like on etc. i have zero confidence/faith in.
Yeah I was speaking the discussion circle back to the Michael Horse nothingburger. Pareidolia.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wonder what happened with Glazer being “back on set” last week. Lynch is still shooting his weather reports well after sunrise. It doesn’t seem he’s leaving the house as early as he typically would be during a shoot, if at all.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

if the May 3rd shooting date is correct, I would expect theres a couple of weeks to build sets and things, if it's mostly stage-based,
I dunno how legit the high budget is, Calvert has 6 stages. lot of productions may rent two stages and shoot on one while constructing the other, etc.
or maybe they have 4 or more , i dunno,
possible continuity / script supervision entails some role in all that.

also - her post may not be referring to DL at all.
though her imdb is mostly david lynch, dunno if him making a project every 15 years
is enough for her to pay bills on. pretty big gap between mulholland and the return.

possible she also works on music videos, commericals, industrial films, or things that slips between the cracks with imdb credits.
peter deming posting the muscles could just be congrats to be working again,
clicking like on DL's name, could just be being polite. i click like on a lot of things people post on my social media just to be nice
and it can often get misinterpretd as endorsements of this, that, and the other.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think the Deming muscles emoji is just the sort of thing any friend/colleague might post in response to a post about healing after an injury. Strength/health/etc. Not reading much into that.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Would script supervisors be on set before the director/before the shooting starts? Could Lynch do some remote directing or at least be only involved remotely in pre-production as set is being constructed/prepared?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I'm not familiar enough with Lynch's use of second units to know it would apply to him, but many large productions have second unit crews that film things the primary director doesn't need to be involved in that would involve a script supervisor.

It also could be she was expecting to be on set but a delay has come up.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

it's been twenty years since i worked on movie/tv set.

i remember the art department being on the sound stage ahead of everyone.
i cant remember how early the script supervisor came in. there were poloroids n stuff they took in those days.

there are lists made of shots and angles n stuff one does sometimes based on the set. acquiring props and costumes
usually take a bit of time.

setup a cctv outside calvert i guess...

i think its getting past the point of a delay. a high profile tv show is not a student film.
either its happening or it isn't. there's deposits and stuff with these stage,
insurance probably extra costly with the pandemic and people have to clear their schedules for months,
there's often pay-or-play arrangements made
to make sure it happens.

but then again, i go back to my theory it might be 'what did jack do' style series of low budget short episodes
and a much smaller scale thing than the return.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It’s certainly possible that Cori and other crew members are participating in virtual set “walk-throughs” with Lynch to see if he wants any changes, before he actually comes to set. Production Weekly did list a May start date as others have said.

I don’t believe any set/production designer was seen on that Skype call, correct? Unless Anna Skarbek has been promoted?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

neither Jack Fisk nor Ruth De Jong on the zoom call. that made me think maybe its something more like What Did Jack Do or Inland Empire,
lesser scaled. or maybe he's bringing back that Mahershi Yogi documentary he was making a couple of years ago.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:55 pm neither Jack Fisk nor Ruth De Jong on the zoom call. that made me think maybe its something more like What Did Jack Do or Inland Empire,
lesser scaled. or maybe he's bringing back that Mahershi Yogi documentary he was making a couple of years ago.
It wouldn't be Fisk anyway as they haven't worked together for 20 years and he's busy with Scorsese now.

Of course though it's possible there have been many other Zoom meetings that did involve De Jong (or another production designer) along with people like Deming. But if Sabrina Sutherland posted a screenshot of something like that it would cease being a cheeky hint and would be effectively an announcement!
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am . . .might be in a few hours, might be in a few years. Heck, the answer might very well be never.
You left out days, or perhaps months.

- Mordeen
Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 pm Maybe just weeks.

- Mordeen
I'm going to play dumb now, and express something everybody's probably already thought of, but is Mordeen giving us hints here?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Not sure. I just thought the post was referring to May as when the supposed shooting starts and months as when it wraps.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 am
Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am . . .might be in a few hours, might be in a few years. Heck, the answer might very well be never.
You left out days, or perhaps months.

- Mordeen
Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 pm Maybe just weeks.

- Mordeen
I'm going to play dumb now, and express something everybody's probably already thought of, but is Mordeen giving us hints here?
Or he realised he left out a measure of time from his previous response? :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I’m just thinking on the info that we have gotten saying that it’s for a big streaming giant presumably Netflix with a budget of 85 million. If the budget part is true, then it has to be something on a large scale. Bigger than Season 3. Also if the series is being shot in a studio I’m guessing there might be some heavy CGI involved
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:06 am I’m just thinking on the info that we have gotten saying that it’s for a big streaming giant presumably Netflix with a budget of 85 million. If the budget part is true, then it has to be something on a large scale. Bigger than Season 3. Also if the series is being shot in a studio I’m guessing there might be some heavy CGI involved

Who knows. But if so, I bet he would go VERY abstract visually, à la The Grandmother, and the weirder effects in TR (many of which were based on his paintings). In a way, that would be the culmination of what got him into film in the first place: to see his paintings move. Maybe the technology has progressed to a point where he can realize that goal on a grand scale.