Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Lynch has done quite a bit short form stuff/ music videos/ zero budget web content over the years.
ie. Naomi Watts appeared in "Thank you Judge"... Watts & Herring in Rabbits.
that makes me wonder if he working on something TP Return sized, or could Unrecorded be another Rabbits, but for netflix, which is usually
reluctant to carry a short on it's own, but made exception for 'What Did Jack Do'

having said that, I think Cori Glazer doesn't work on the smaller scale stuff, or even on Inland Empire....
And B'zar Getty has never done one of the no budget things either...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Cde-yes-but there was no confirmation of what the project was, assuming it’s this Netflix thing. For me, at this point, seeing is believing
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

“ I’ve noticed some of the posts in old threads have disappeared - are they gone permanently or will they be returning?”

It’s strange. Some posts show up as empty when you open the thread, but when you search for specific words in them, the text shows up in the search entry. So the text still exists somewhere on the board, it’s just not showing up.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the empty post thing happens when I click search on keywords and stuff, I'll find the post with the keyword, but not the ones around it, which are blank, but I must say, there's some beautifully written little essays and analysis I find on these dugpa boards.

Axxon N's response to Alan Moore's negative review of The Return in the Bushman interview for example, really good.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

What is the "Glazer post" that people are referring to?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Cori Glazer the script supervisor said she's back on set this week on instagram.

FateColassal has it on their twitter.

Take as ya will, most of her imdb is Lynch credits, but, who knows, could be something else.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Someone commented 'David Lynch!' on her post, and she and Peter Deming liked that comment.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, read into it as ya will, it makes me more optimistic than the actress who played Heidi posting flowers,
but I've seen people lose their minds over reading 'likes' on social media too, so we see...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

[ quote="Mr. Reindeer" ]“ I’ve noticed some of the posts in old threads have disappeared - are they gone permanently or will they be returning?”

It’s strange. Some posts show up as empty when you open the thread, but when you search for specific words in them, the text shows up in the search entry. So the text still exists somewhere on the board, it’s just not showing up.[ /quote ]

The reason I changed those brackets to quote you, is because it seems that whenever one uses a piece of phpbb code (Img, url, quote), is that it reads it as 'too few characters', giving an error message. What I believe is going on is that whenever this code is used, the board erroneously reads the message as being empty, and deems the input insufficient to be a post, hence, all the old posts containing quotes etc now show up as empty.

And yeah, if you press the quote button on one of these posts, you can also see the full text still. This proves the database is still intact, but the way the forum reads them is broken.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Thanks, Soolsma, for your finding! It's really helpful.
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

Most recent interview with Kale:

SHAPIRO: I know you're here to talk about "Atlantic Crossing," but our listeners would kill me if I didn't ask. The 2017 revival of "Twin Peaks" was so acclaimed for both its story and your performance. Are there any plans to bring it back for another season?

MACLACHLAN: That lies completely within the mind of David Lynch.

SHAPIRO: (Laughter).

MACLACHLAN: And so we all - I'm, you know, with the audience. I would love to go back, as would the fans, I'm sure. But it's completely with David. And I've learned over the years to not badger him with questions about it (laughter). So I just...

SHAPIRO: (Laughter) Your fate is in his hands.

MACLACHLAN: It is. I have to sit on my hands and just wait for him to either - you know, he's either a thumbs up - or wait for the color of the smoke, I guess, is what they say. So we'll see what happens. As of yet, nothing. But what a great ride that was and what a great thing to be able to go back in such a different and unusual way. I had a lovely time and very challenging series of characters to play in that as well.

Full interview:

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/07/98512846 ... 7869920315
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Let's all take a moment and reflect on how wonderful and strange the language of coding is, how simple it is to forget how complicated it is, and how thankful we should be for it even in this imperfect state.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I'm usually not a proponent of the theory that an announcement will be made on a date that has some prior Twin Peaks-related meaning; but wouldn't it be nice if they announced something today? It is only 11:47 h where I live, so I'll give them time, and the weather report will not happen until circa 18 h.

But truth be told, I don't really expect anything happening today. When they announce it, I suspect it will come out of the blue, like the last time.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Lynch will probably be paying tribute to Walter Olkewicz today, so even if an announcement was planned it’s likely been delayed.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I don't think they have to announce anything if they don't want to...

El Camino wasn't 'announced' until after principal photography was complete and a trailer was put out.
It was all rumors when it was being shot, denials, non denials, though sorta easier to cover up, since they were able
to put permits and things under Better Call Saul , and the crew was largely from Better Call Saul, and that would arouse less suspicion generally,
but any scene with Pinkman (which was most of it), was shrouded in total secrecy.

The situation with fans and on-lookers must surely be exacerbated with a pandemic, nobody wants a crowd
of gawkers with this.