Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Haven't seen it in years but I liked it a lot back in the day and (I think) when I rewatched it a few years back.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Noidea wrote:I just can’t understand why LFB would sign on for this film but passed on Twin Peaks.
If it's true that she was supposed to be in Gersten's role, perhaps she felt uncomfortable that what would essentially be a comeback role would be one of a possibly predatory, addled woman who had had a fall from grace. Impact of the juxtaposition from a storytelling standpoint aside, in terms of it as a personal choice & career decision, it's understandable from that angle that it was a no go; it's basically the opposite of what was called for in her initial casting in the original. By the looks of her role in the new film, it looks like a more sympathetic and less extreme role, despite the graphic nature of everything else.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Traditionally a fount of reliable information.
karlas_marxas

Re: RE: Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by karlas_marxas »

Jonah wrote:Unrecorded Night is now on IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13547416/? ... _flmg_wr_1
Somebody edited the title. Image

Išsiųsta naudojantis JSN-L21 Tapatalk 4 Lt
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What's the likelihood Mark Frost would deny he is involved if this is Twin Peaks and he is?

Or if he is but only tangentially (credited as creator/EP only)?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

LFB's role seems like it would have been very minor, and that might have been offensive to her since her role was so big in the original run. It certainly would have been a fall from grace for her character as well. She did comment on it, saying something along the lines of, "I wasn't going to let Donna go out like that."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Things have grown quiet again. I wonder when more news will trickle out?
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Next year I reckon. We're in for a long wait.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just getting around to finally watching some of the BTS footage of S3, especially the red room sequences. How does Lynch get away with smoking so much on set? I know he's the director and he probably sets a lot of the rules, but I figured it would be a pretty strict no smoking policy indoors in any work setting in America, especially in LA. Can't imagine some of the actors or other crew were too thrilled, but if so they clearly kept their mouth shut. I knew he was a big smoker (former smoker myself so I get it) but it's still pretty shocking to see. I'd seen the clip of him and Fenn smoking outside but didn't realize he was doing it inside. Wouldn't some Department of something in uber health-conscious California shut that down quickly if it had been reported?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote:Things have grown quiet again. I wonder when more news will trickle out?

If filming is booked @ Calvert in May, and if it's actually a 200 day shoot as was suggested somewhere... suggests actors should be getting scheduled for large blocks. I assume that some casting would start to leak soon-ish.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote:Just getting around to finally watching some of the BTS footage of S3, especially the red room sequences. How does Lynch get away with smoking so much on set? I know he's the director and he probably sets a lot of the rules, but I figured it would be a pretty strict no smoking policy indoors in any work setting in America, especially in LA. Can't imagine some of the actors or other crew were too thrilled, but if so they clearly kept their mouth shut. I knew he was a big smoker (former smoker myself so I get it) but it's still pretty shocking to see. I'd seen the clip of him and Fenn smoking outside but didn't realize he was doing it inside. Wouldn't some Department of something in uber health-conscious California shut that down quickly if it had been reported?
I did wonder about that too. I wonder if perhaps there was some special contract clause that the actors and crew consented to him smoking on set? Just speculating.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

If I remember correctly he only smoked in the monitor area (maybe part of the agreed clause?) 2015 was around the time he was complaining about smokers' rights so I can definitely imagine him ensuring he had some special limited indoor smoking space set aside for him in his contract.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

In 1995 through 1998 California enacted the strictest anti-smoking laws in America, banning nearly all indoor smoking, with few exceptions.

However, like any workplace regulation, enforcement requires reporting, and if nobody complained. . .

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

^- It's yrev, very good to see you again, old friend. :)

So Mordeen, Peaks or no Peaks?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."