We Are All Harold Smith Now

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

We Are All Harold Smith Now

Post by mtwentz »

Besides feeling like shut-ins, what part of Twin Peaks, S1, S2, S3, FWWM or tie in materials, reminds you of the current situation or speaks to the current situation?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: We Are All Harold Smith Now

Post by krishnanspace »

I feel like Im trapped in the Red Room. Want to get out but cant.

BTW hows the situation in your locality? How are you affected by it?

In my case, the area where Im living is sealed off. Only essential stores are open and I've been working from Home since this month and my country is in a lockdown till the 3rd of April.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:I feel like Im trapped in the Red Room. Want to get out but cant.

In my case, the area where Im living is sealed off. Only essential stores are open and I've been working from Home since this month and my country is in a lockdown till the 3rd of April.
You are in the Red Room! You’re time traveling. It’s already April 15 here. ;)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I feel like Im trapped in the Red Room. Want to get out but cant.

I am in Georgia. It's not too strict here. My wife, daughter and I make sure not to interact with anyone else but we do go out for long walks on sparsely traveled paths.

I work from home and my daughter does Digital Learning from home. My wife works at Whole Foods, so I have a little worry in that regards.

Doesn't quite feel like the Red Room to me! (or Harold Smith's house)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Another little check-in with Lynch during lockdown: https://pagesix.com/2020/04/14/david-ly ... ronavirus/

“I have a couple of houses that are close to each other, and I have my family in one and I’m in the other. So we see each other from a distance, and we blow each other kisses.”

Seems like the marriage is going well. :lol:

I’m in the suburbs outside NYC. Working from home. I just reached the Harold episodes in my TP rewatch, and the resonance with the current situation definitely struck me. A cousin of mine passed from the virus. I wasn’t particularly close to him, and he had other pre-existing health complications, but it definitely made all of this a whole lot more real to me. I hadn’t even thought about the fact that no funerals are happening, and the morgues and hospitals are doing their best to just store bodies wherever they can.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

For those of us lucky enough to still have steady income, there’s a GoFundMe to help keep Twede’s afloat (Kyle, being awesome as usual, tweeted about this last week): https://www.gofundme.com/f/twede039s-ca ... elief-fund
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:

Sorry :), I meant May 3rd
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Feel a little like Coop in The Return - lost and trying to find his way home. So much of this experience is waiting and wondering when things will get back to normal, and it’s going to be a while. We’re not going to peak where I live until June. Even when it does, I think it will be a different kind of normal. I think we’ll all come out a little different and not the same people we were before just like Coop turning into Richard. Sometimes horrible things happen that we don’t understand, but life goes on, and maybe Coop’s issue in The Return was he couldn’t let go and move on.

Very thankful to still be employed, but my work life revolves around COVID-19 just about every day. Thankfully I don’t work in healthcare and can work remotely on some days but it’s nerve racking on the days I do go in. Think it’s wonderful that Lynch wants to help healthcare workers cope with what they’re experiencing right now. I can’t even imagine - they are truly heroes.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Now? :wink:

I was reading about how domestic abuse is skyrocketing with people indoors. My local paper had someone who put it extremely well, and made me think of Laura.

"The outbreak has put particular stress on the adults and children the [crisis] center serves because those in abusive situations no longer have work or school to escape for a portion of the day. 'Most people are being told to stay home because it's safe. Well, for our clients, it's not safe.'"

--

Funnily enough, the scenes resonating most for me are Doris Truman's. Just before this quarantine hit and my apartment shut off maintenence services for non-emergencies, two water leaks started in my bathroom and under my kitchen sink. And yes, I have had to monitor buckets ever since. I can understand her histrionics. :o
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'm really handling things extraordinarily well. This is an actual picture of me right now...
LVD.jpg
LVD.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 12518 times
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Another little check-in with Lynch during lockdown: https://pagesix.com/2020/04/14/david-ly ... ronavirus/

“I have a couple of houses that are close to each other, and I have my family in one and I’m in the other. So we see each other from a distance, and we blow each other kisses.”

Seems like the marriage is going well. :lol:

I’m in the suburbs outside NYC. Working from home. I just reached the Harold episodes in my TP rewatch, and the resonance with the current situation definitely struck me. A cousin of mine passed from the virus. I wasn’t particularly close to him, and he had other pre-existing health complications, but it definitely made all of this a whole lot more real to me. I hadn’t even thought about the fact that no funerals are happening, and the morgues and hospitals are doing their best to just store bodies wherever they can.
As I write this post, I am watching the Livestream of a funeral of a colleague of mine. Supposedly it was 'natural causes', but I wonder if the virus played a role. We at work don't get all the details.

But there are several people gathered at this funeral, some with masks, some without them. I am surprised this many people are allowed to gather so closely together (the funeral is in South Carolina)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Nearly everything's locked down where I live for about a month now and it'll last probably until May. Today I had the luxury to go to my dentist (strange times when this feels like a good thing) and most of the streets were nearly empty. Only very few cars and barely any other people, it felt almost like a ghost town. The good thing at the moment is that I have some time to finally watch the Z to A box (which I already bought cheap in late january) with all the new content. The most important thing for me is that all my folks seem to be safe so far. I hope everybody stays healthy.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Another little check-in with Lynch during lockdown: https://pagesix.com/2020/04/14/david-ly ... ronavirus/

Thanks for posting that, Mr. Reindeer. It's nice to hear what David is doing during this time.

I'm so glad you all started this thread. I had begun one in the off-topic section but this took off better.

Anyone hear from their governors about re-opening their economies? How many are posting here from other countries?

Take care everyone!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Annie wrote:

Thanks for posting that, Mr. Reindeer. It's nice to hear what David is doing during this time.

I'm so glad you all started this thread. I had begun one in the off-topic section but this took off better.
Anyone hear from their governors about re-opening their economies? How many are posting here from other countries?

Take care everyone!
Well I’m from India
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Canada up in this piece. Woot woot!
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.