The Tremonds

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Tremonds

Post by Jasper »

[quote="boske"]Joke or no joke, it sounds like a Bronze Caco (Cacosternum nanum) frog call :shock:

It really does sound like a frog. Maybe the sound is the sound of the frog-moth after all. Who knows? (Do Lynch/Frost even know?)
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

LateReg wrote:
boske wrote:We are also missing something here that seems to be floated in front of our faces: "It is in our house now". Yes it is, Tremonds are in the Palmer house. The more I think about, the more it seems is that the opening scene of S3 takes place after Laura disappears while being saved by Cooper. And the color scheme of the scenes seems identical.
Great stuff all around throughout this thread. But some questions:

If the opening scene takes place there, then what does the Fireman's "listen to the sounds" mean in that context? It's already happened, so what would Cooper be listening for at that point?

Also, which two scenes have the similar color schemes? The black and white opening and the color Laura-in-the-woods disappearance? I got a little lost here.

Also, in regards to another of your posts, can we really tell from that globe in Part 8 that Laura's soul is being sent to Texas? I think it's very vague, intentionally so.
I don’t think it’s already happened. I think the lodge scene with “listen to the sounds” and the woods scene are happening at the same time. When Laura screams and floats up in the lodge it’s the same scream as the woods disappearance scream. Then it cuts to Mike, who says “is it future or is it past?” It is the future and the past. Cooper is in the future, and yet in the past, changing it.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Listen to the sounds, it is in our house, two birds with one stone, Richard and Linda. The Fireman is in the Lodge speaking into being what is happening on earth.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I also think Cooper lives in the Lodge now as a dreamer. He only leaves occasionally and makes an appearance on earth.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

That’s why when you see him in the police station there is a larger Cooper superimposed over him saying “we live in a dream.”
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

When he left the Lodge The Arm had to agree with Cooper what the “story” would be. It’s like he leaves the Lodge to enact stories or dreams, each time as a different persona—Cooper, Dougie, Richard, etc.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I think Charlie is also a Lodge dweller.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Diane wrote:I think Charlie is also a Lodge dweller.
Maybe, but he also seems to be in Audrey's unconscious mind, and on top of that he even represents Lynch himself, in a meta reference to Fenn's difficult behavior late into production.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Jasper wrote:
Maybe, but he also seems to be in Audrey's unconscious mind, and on top of that he even represents Lynch himself, in a meta reference to Fenn's difficult behavior late into production.
What ultimately happened to Audrey is one of the most important scenes of S3 for me. Why? She clearly wakes up from a dream, implying that either she alone must have dreamt all of the S3 musical acts and corresponding characters and stories, or that it was a shared dream (with Cooper). Nonetheless, it is though a major hint given by L&F, and they are not known for dispensing them lightly.
Diane wrote:That’s why when you see him in the police station there is a larger Cooper superimposed over him saying “we live in a dream.”
The police station is very weird in S3. We have the old set up of Lucie answering the phone, greeting visitors at the door, and yet also this new call centre with modern equipment (with Lucy having problems with cell phone technology). These two do not add up and there is seemingly very little interaction between them. It is like a memory of a place vs. what it is at the present time. Imagine being away from a place that you last were to 25 years ago, and then seeing a different reality upon your return, it is a strange and confusing feeling.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Somehow the Lucy/call center dichotomy never occurred to me.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Not all that strange really. Lucy is answering the non emergency line. Call center is 911.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

boske wrote:
Jasper wrote:
What ultimately happened to Audrey is one of the most important scenes of S3 for me. Why? She clearly wakes up from a dream, implying that either she alone must have dreamt all of the S3 musical acts and corresponding characters and stories, or that it was a shared dream (with Cooper). Nonetheless, it is though a major hint given by L&F, and they are not known for dispensing them lightly.
I think it’s more complicated than waking up from a dream. I think the scenes with Charlie might possibly be a Lodge space, or more likely (maybe?) Audrey made a deal with the Lodge spirits/Charlie (the contract she mentions) to escape whatever institution she’s in, either as a tulpa or something else, and exist in the real world as long as she honors certain conditions. This may also be somehow related to DoppelCooper raping her (remember Diane was taken to the convenience store and replaced in the real world by a tulpa).

All that being said, I do love your idea that Audrey’s dream/hallucination involved like twenty random musical acts which she imagined in full. It’s funny to imagine her in a padded cell very quietly singing along with Lissie. :lol:
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Diane wrote:
LateReg wrote:
boske wrote:We are also missing something here that seems to be floated in front of our faces: "It is in our house now". Yes it is, Tremonds are in the Palmer house. The more I think about, the more it seems is that the opening scene of S3 takes place after Laura disappears while being saved by Cooper. And the color scheme of the scenes seems identical.
Great stuff all around throughout this thread. But some questions:

If the opening scene takes place there, then what does the Fireman's "listen to the sounds" mean in that context? It's already happened, so what would Cooper be listening for at that point?

Also, which two scenes have the similar color schemes? The black and white opening and the color Laura-in-the-woods disappearance? I got a little lost here.

Also, in regards to another of your posts, can we really tell from that globe in Part 8 that Laura's soul is being sent to Texas? I think it's very vague, intentionally so.
I don’t think it’s already happened. I think the lodge scene with “listen to the sounds” and the woods scene are happening at the same time. When Laura screams and floats up in the lodge it’s the same scream as the woods disappearance scream. Then it cuts to Mike, who says “is it future or is it past?” It is the future and the past. Cooper is in the future, and yet in the past, changing it.
You are definitely onto something here, and there is more to it I think.

In FWWM, with LMFAP and Cooper, there are two iterations. "Is it future? Or is it past?", and Cooper both times seems lost, but asks in the second scene "...and where is the ring?". In the S3 opening scene with ??????? Cooper has no pin on his jacket, and while saving Laura, Cooper has it. Why would this matter? FBI logo has a ring! So where is the ring/pin? This would tie into your idea of two actions taking place concurrently, and the fact of ring being out of the lodge seems somehow to be correlated to FBI pin being gone from Cooper's jacket, which would then place these scenes to be happening at the same time, concurrently to be precise, with the spectator outside of time as we know it.

Being asked "Where am I and how can I leave", LMFAP proclaims "You are here..." "...now there is no place to go but HOME". Which home? Palmer home?! So Cooper in "Richard and Linda arc" seemingly tries to fulfil this idea from FWWM. He went to Palmer home and apparently failed in the end. So either the year was wrong, or he should have perhaps gone to his home instead? We saw that Jeffies sent Cooper back to the past, and the year was the right one. So if the year he went back as Richard was wrong, who "selected" it? I do not think it was Jeffries, so was it Cooper himself, in which case he failed, or was it somebody else who sent him to a wild goose chase?

While talking about that FWWM scene, check out the following from 2:47 to 2:56 (especially the part at 2:53):

"I am the electricity and I sound like this..." The rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper, and Alice Tremond is there...
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:It’s funny to imagine her in a padded cell very quietly singing along with Lissie. :lol:
:lol:
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:All that being said, I do love your idea that Audrey’s dream/hallucination involved like twenty random musical acts which she imagined in full.
That for sure would explain why Jacques Renault was there, none of it was real. If we start off from that premise, we can easily identify what scenes and plots are taking place in the dreamworld.

P.S. Maybe it was Jean-Michel Renault and not Jacques, but by the same token we could have had Wayland Palmer sipping a drink.