Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Re: Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

Dugpa, Jerry, Annie, Ross, Brad, Jonah and all board members,

Thank you for letting me be a small part of all this...I'm truly humbled and grateful to have met so many wonderful fans who run circles around me when it comes to Twin Peaks knowledge :)

Much love to all...
BookhouseBoyBob
[Robert is my proper name ;-) ]
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

"Variations on Relations"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BookhouseBoyBob wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:39 pm Dugpa, Jerry, Annie, Ross, Brad, Jonah and all board members,

Thank you for letting me be a small part of all this...I'm truly humbled and grateful to have met so many wonderful fans who run circles around me when it comes to Twin Peaks knowledge :)

Much love to all...
BookhouseBoyBob
Thanks for keeping the lights on BOB!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

BookhouseBoyBob wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:39 pm Dugpa, Jerry, Annie, Ross, Brad, Jonah and all board members,

Much love to all...
BookhouseBoyBob
We all owe you a BIG debt of gratitude. Thank you so much, and may endless blessings rain down upon you from clear blue skies.
coop_many_thumbs.jpg
coop_many_thumbs.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 37419 times
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Much love to all...
BookhouseBoyBob
Thank you so much for everything! None of us would have been here without you.
Attachments
twin-peaks-bookhouse-boys-patch-785x785.jpg
twin-peaks-bookhouse-boys-patch-785x785.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 37412 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eraserJoe

Post by eraserJoe »

I want to thank Dugpa and the moderators and every poster in this wonderful place to let them know how much it has meant to me.

I used to post at the Twin Peaks Gazette regularly about 20 years ago (!) I had since been lurking in the shadows in the World of Blue.

The intelligence of all members here is off the chart. I am in awe of you all.

This forum has also helped me through a lot of tough times. It was a constant joy in my life.

I think of each and every one of you as a friend I haven't met yet.

This forum is like a star. It may die but it will always shine bright.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

thank you very much, I've been a fan since renting the pilot/movie in 2000 and been here since forever.
I hope the 196 pages of the mega unreleased music thread will be saved somewhere. I read them all in 3 nights listening to the songs at the same time, it was beautiful.

see you again, mighty dugpa!!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Lovely posts eraserjoe and mtl and everyone else who has commented on here.

I just realized I joined on April 14th back in 2007. So today is exactly my 15th year anniversary of joining the forum. A nice little milestone to hit before the board closes - and just in time. How long have you all been here?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:47 am I just realized I joined on April 14th back in 2007. So today is exactly my 15th year anniversary of joining the forum. A nice little milestone to hit before the board closes - and just in time.
That's awesome! I love when numbers arrange themselves like that. Congratulations! :D

Reading mtl's post, I once again thought of how rich this forum actually is. I have never even opened that thread, and now I read about what it meant to someone else... It's like threads dedicated to individual episodes: I hardly ever opened any of them, because I knew I would get too invested reading them, and it would take too much time, so I decided to wait until another rewatch, which would happen when I would have more time... I still plan on doing that, if the posts are still here.

This is such a great archive.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:47 am Lovely posts eraserjoe and mtl and everyone else who has commented on here.

I just realized I joined on April 14th back in 2007. So today is exactly my 15th year anniversary of joining the forum. A nice little milestone to hit before the board closes - and just in time. How long have you all been here?
Happy 15th Jonah! That's an awesome milestone to celebrate before the drapes fall. :D

2007 here too! Was that the year of this site's inception? I seem to recall it being here a lot earlier than that, although I may be getting mixed up with the TP Gazette, as I was posting on there from around '03/'04, and there were points where I was most certainly on both.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I believe the site has been here since about 1999/2000 or so as a news site - but the forum began around 2007 (Dugpa, Jerry, or someone else may weigh in to clarify or correct that - please do!). I remember the impression it had been here quite awhile when I signed up and I signed up close to the beginning of the forum.

I also remember Twin Peaks Gazette! I checked it the other day and their forum closed in 2011 but is still there over a decade later (at the time of this post anyway) as an archive. Let's hope Dugpa will be able to stay around just as long - or longer - as an archive too.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I should note, I just noticed that my fellow mod buddy, Brad, celebrated his 15th year anniversary 2 days ago - on April 12th! Happy anniversary Brad. (Anyone else sign up around this time? If so, happy anniversary to you all too. :))

Brad is the author of the awesome Twin Peaks book "Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks". Filled with fascinating trivia and wonderful interviews, it is truly a cherished book for any TP fan and one everyone who doesn't have a copy should seek out (Brad is also the author of an equally great China Beach book bizarrely not called Reflections! :) ).

With Dugpa's permission, I wanted to share a link to Brad's book on Amazon plus a couple of photos.
https://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Oral ... B00NE641WU
Attachments
download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 37208 times
31uAY5cMsuL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
31uAY5cMsuL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 37208 times
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Just wanted to quickly say again, thanks to all, especially Dugpa, for many years of fun on the forum.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Thank you all. Been fun lurking this place. Looking forward to the next chapter👍
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:12 am I should note, I just noticed that my fellow mod buddy, Brad, celebrated his 15th year anniversary 2 days ago - on April 12th! Happy anniversary Brad. (Anyone else sign up around this time? If so, happy anniversary to you all too. :)

Brad is the author of the awesome Twin Peaks book "Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks". Filled with fascinating trivia and wonderful interviews, it is truly a cherished book for any TP fan and one everyone who doesn't have a copy should seek out (Brad is also the author of an equally great China Beach book bizarrely not called Reflections!),

With Dugpa's permission, I wanted to share a link to Brad's book on Amazon plus a couple of photos.
https://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Oral ... B00NE641WU
Sometimes things happen just like that *snaps fingers* - thank you Jonah