Wrapped in Plastic Back Issues

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

the episode guides are fantastic -I believe it's covered throughout four issues. They're thoroughly explored and picked apart and they're usually right on the money. (they have a unsual fondness for Diane Keaton's episode though that I can't really get behind -and Diane Keaton is my idol)

I've always wanted to read their first second season review in their first issue (or maybe it's just in the reprint) -but I have most of the issues.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Great news that there is a chance we get a sample scan! As I haven't ever seen or read a single copy of WIP I'd be very happy with about just any TP material from the mag. But I can post a list of "the most wanted articles" later when I get home...
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Okay, here it comes, I went trough all the issues on their site, and I have to say there is plenty and I mean PLENTY of stuff that caught my attention.
I really need to start figuring out how to get together enough money to order every damn issue!

Anyway, that sample scan could be of one of these...

-Article on the Bob/Leland dichotomy
-review of The Devil's Guard, a 1926 book that may have influenced the Black Lodge storyline
-"The Interconnectedness of Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet"
-"Twin Peaks and the American Literary Tradition"
-Frost talks about his book The List of 7
-"Twin Peaks, Folklore, and the Nature of Reality"
-Twin Peaks and the UFO phenomenon
-"Twin Peaks and the FBI"
-"Moving Through Time: The Twin Peaks Cycle"
-The King and I: The Arthurian Legend in Twin Peaks"
-WIP takes an in-depth (13-page!) look at Fire Walk With Me!
-WIP celebrates the 10th anniversary of Twin Peaks with a collection of all-star essays!
-The final episode of Twin Peaks explained, with previously unpublished photos!
-WIP examines what the Red Room is all about and how it changes through the course of Twin Peaks and then Fire Walk With Me!
-On the tenth anniversary of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, this issue features an all-new, 10-page essay that proposes a way to interpret the film as a cohesive work in which the Deer Meadow prologue is fully integrated into the entirety of the film!
-we map out Dale Cooper's Red Room journey during the final episode of Twin Peaks
-Is Dale Cooper a mystic detective? Ken Volante examines the influence of Buddhism and Eastern philosophy in Twin Peaks!
-"The Realization of Laura Palmer"

If I had to pick, let's say, Top 3, it might go like this:

-WIP examines what the Red Room is all about and how it changes through the course of Twin Peaks and then Fire Walk With Me!
-Is Dale Cooper a mystic detective? Ken Volante examines the influence of Buddhism and Eastern philosophy in Twin Peaks!
-"Twin Peaks, Folklore, and the Nature of Reality"

Just because those 3 sound like they can be something! Also I wonder what that "The final episode of Twin Peaks explained" is like...

Anyway, maybe you should just take a vote on what to scan. There is so much material, and I guess it's all more or less brilliant.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Let's not count our chicken before they're hatched, sirius. IF we get any scans, John and Craig will be deciding and apparently Craig is not as readily available. So we will have to wait. Sorry!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

A batch of early issues of WIP has just been listed on eBay...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
siriusmystery

Re: Sample Scan of WIP?

Post by siriusmystery »

Annie wrote:Hey all! I forgot to report back that John and I have been emailing back and forth; he has to check with Craig as to what could be used. He also asked me if there was anything in particular in WIP that you wanted to see if a sample did get scanned. So let me know!
What I posted above was just my 2 cents on that, Annie. Wasn't trying to push things and I'm patient enough to wait and see. :wink:
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

That's OK. Just didn't want you to think those guys would be making a decision anytime soon, because it sounds like they won't! :roll:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.