Wrapped in Plastic Back Issues

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Wrapped in Plastic Back Issues

Post by coolspringsj »

Hey everybody(I'm an old school TP fan but a newbie to dugpa),

I have an unhealthy obsession with collecting all 75 issues of Wrapped in Plastic.

I now have 74 of them and need 1 more to complete it.

I need issue 28.

Please send me a private message if you have any extras lying around. Send your info and price and I will send money orders. Any help is appreciated :)
Last edited by coolspringsj on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Same goes here. If anyone has any WIPs to sell, let me know. Particularly 1 (original - have reprint), 3, 7, 8, 10 .
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Please excuse and ignore me if this is something not to be asked but: Has anyone scanned their WIP issues and put them some place where one could take a look at and maybe even actually read them?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I just heard back from John, one of the editors of Wrapped In Plastic. He said most all the back issues are still for sale, but there are no plans to scan them for all eternity. Maybe he still will; can't lose all that valuable information and pictures to a fire!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

OK, If they are shipping overseas, I guess I just gotta start saving some money...

That scanning project is still a very good idea. Here in Finland several persons have scanned and put up finnish underground magazines and other minor publications from the 60's and 70's, and since they are almost impossible to find nowadays, this is the only way for new readers to be able to get a hold of them. I'm pretty sure this will be the case with WIP as well after some 30 years from now on, and I bet there will always be people interested of them, because Twin Peaks will never be forgotten.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

siriusmystery wrote:Please excuse and ignore me if this is something not to be asked but: Has anyone scanned their WIP issues and put them some place where one could take a look at and maybe even actually read them?
I've actually scanned in all of the WIP issues for my own archival purposes (I live in fear that my bookcase will burst into flames and take all 76 of my WIP's with it). I've thought about putting them up at TP Brewing Co but I'm pretty sure I'd be in deep trouble with John and Craig if I did so...copyright violations and such.

But yeah...having a sort of compendium of WIP's someplace for everyone's perusal would be nifty. Some of those out-of-print issues are just too lovely to be missed.
"It's good to want things..."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

If you purchase all the issues still available directly from WIP and then keep an eye on eBay, you will have a complete set in no time. Plus, it is really fun tracking them all down! I now have all 75 issues in plastic and backing boards in three acrylic magazine cases. Beauty.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Ok,

I would love to hear 2 things from John & Graig or Annie if she can tell: First, would it be all right if some one upped some place some scanned WIP material, not the whole issues but maybe just some articles as some sort of "free sample" or maybe something from the out of print issues? And second, are you shipping WIP overseas, what does it cost etc. You can send a private message or e-mail me.

Thank you very much!
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Yes, they ship overseas. You'll see the pricing when you visit the back issues section of their website. There's one PayPal button for US/Canada orders and one PayPal button for all other countries.
"It's good to want things..."
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Oh, foolish me. Some how did not notice that before. Thanks, KahlanMnel. Would still be nice to get that "free sample" of an article or two...
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Okay, guys, I wrote John to ask him what he thought about a sample scan. I'll let you know what he says.
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Great, Annie! I'll wait and see what happens.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i just bought a few out of print issues on ebay. this will probably turn into a nasty habit.. :D
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I was considering getting the Twin Peaks episode guide in issues 59, 68, 69 and 70. I figured they would make a really cool companion to the Gold Box set. Anyone read these and know if they are worth getting?
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Annie
Global Moderator

Sample Scan of WIP?

Post by Annie »

Hey all! I forgot to report back that John and I have been emailing back and forth; he has to check with Craig as to what could be used. He also asked me if there was anything in particular in WIP that you wanted to see if a sample did get scanned. So let me know!

Oh, and yes, The Magician, the episode guides are great to have!!