Twin Peaks Interview with DVD Producer Charles de Lauzirika

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Interview with DVD Producer Charles de Lauzirika

Post by dugpa »

Finally got around to posting the interview. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.dugpa.com/interview_lauzirika.php

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Fantastic interview and great photos!! Bravo :D
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Very Interesting interview. I liked Charles de Lauzirika's original presentation ideas, and an interview with Lara Flynn Boyle would have been interesting, considering her views, nevermind.

I am looking forward to 'Blade runner' with interest.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

LeoFaraon wrote:I also want to thank Brian for all the effort and good work he puts on dugpa.com. I'm sure that there are lots of people out there who, just like I do, check the site everyday in seach of reliable news regarding David Lynch and his work. Thank you so much for that, Brian.
I second that....Cheers Dugpa
Si

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Really great, informative interview. Thanks Dugpa!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
flo74

Post by flo74 »

Really enjoyed reading the interview, lots of great information here.
I am very happy that Charles de Lauzirika was charge of the production of the Twin Peaks DVD set as his love and dedication for these projects is always evident in the finished product!

Great job Dugpa and thank you for sharing!
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

This is obviously such a true labor of love for Charles - there should be absolutely no doubt this is the best set we'll ever get for the series. :) Fantastic interview!
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thanks for the kind words. Charles is a really cool guy. I have no doubt in my mind that he worked his ass off to get us the best product possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets to do FWWM.

-B
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

Great interview. Thanks. I'll have to reread it after I get around to watching the extras. I'm still rewatching the series at the moment.

And that reminds me...I need to purchase Blade Runner at some point. It gets better and better every time I rewatch it. The movie clearly influenced a lot of the robot films that have been released in recent years (i.e. A.I., the Matrix, and that Will Smith movie that I forgot the name of), and most would probably agree that Blade Runner is still the best of the bunch.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Great Interview! I gotta say, the box set has been a dream come true for me. From the moment I heard Charles de Lauzirika was involved, I knew the set was in good hands, knowing his work from the awesome Alien Quadrilogy set. Lots of things I thought would never make it onto this set DID make it, like the SNL skits and the Georgia Coffee commercials. Also, I thought the documentaries were awesome. The only other things that I personally would have included ( aside from commentaries, but I know that's Lynch's choice ) would have been the "Diane" tapes and The Twin Peaks 12 Days of Christmas from the 1990 KROQ Christmas album. That had Kyle MacLachlan, Jack Nance, Kimmy Robertson, Dana Ashbrook, and even Frank Silva on it. it's easily available online, but it would have been a fun inclusion..maybe with a little flash animation video or something. But I'm sure it was considered, and again I bet rights issues were the problem.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Mr. de Lauzirika gets to work on the FWWM DVD when it comes out. We know now he's the man for the job!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

D0ppelgangerDale wrote:And that reminds me...I need to purchase Blade Runner at some point. It gets better and better every time I rewatch it. The movie clearly influenced a lot of the robot films that have been released in recent years (i.e. A.I., the Matrix, and that Will Smith movie that I forgot the name of), and most would probably agree that Blade Runner is still the best of the bunch.
Wait for Charles de Lauzirika's Special Edition, it will have an extended Directors Cut plus a lot more on several discs. Should be a great item.

Have a look at this site- http://www.brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm

What a presentation and choice of, don't you agree?
Si

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Yes, Brian, thanks for the awesome interview! And thanks to Charles for an amazing job! I say we should get a petition to New Line & MK2 to have him do the Definitive FWWM Edition! :mrgreen:
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

underthefan wrote:Yes, Brian, thanks for the awesome interview! And thanks to Charles for an amazing job! I say we should get a petition to New Line & MK2 to have him do the Definitive FWWM Edition! :mrgreen:
You'll definitely get my vote!
Si

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Dugpa - what specific changes were made to episode 14? were you talking about the season 2 box or the Gold box?

What happened to your Gold Box review?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM