Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by Jerry Horne »

One is a funny story told by Deepak Nayer and the other is a feature about the fight scene in 'The Missing Pieces'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Does anyone here think it would be good to have a separate thread to review/ analyse the 'Missing Pieces'?
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Am I the only one who loved Teresa Banks? I mean now that we got to see more of her.
She had a short screen time but I loved her.
I loved her too! I was saying the same thing to my wife. I feel like I could have watched a lot more of her!
-23-
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Can someone explain in a comprehensive post where all of the Easter eggs are located and specifically each step that needs to be taken to see them? I'm sorry, I'm so bad with Easter eggs but I want to make sure I don't miss them! :) I'd really appreciate it.
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

Easter eggs on disc 1: Highlight the "Play all" button and push the "right" button on your remote. You'll see a small square highlighted on the screen. That's your first easter egg. Keep moving the square around and you'll eventually discover all nine easter eggs on disc one.

All nine easter eggs on disc one are the same that were included on the Artisan season one DVD set back in 2001. They're just little snippets of interviews/preparations for the commentary tracks from that same set.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

marchug wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Am I the only one who loved Teresa Banks? I mean now that we got to see more of her.
I loved her too! I was saying the same thing to my wife. I feel like I could have watched a lot more of her!
I liked her quite a bit too in these scenes. It was really nice to see more of her!

Although I do have to say I've always thought the casting was a bit odd since she was supposed to be 17 and looked in her late 20s.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:
marchug wrote:
I liked her quite a bit too in these scenes. It was really nice to see more of her!

Although I do have to say I've always thought the casting was a bit odd since she was supposed to be 17 and looked in her late 20s.
Yeah definitely. She's the oldest 17 I've ever seen :lol:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Gotta say again: Laura under the fan should have stayed in the film. Mesmerizing and damn scary. Just so well done.

So do you guys think there is any fx/digital manipulation going on there? Or is it just Sheryl Lee?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
SBZ

Post by SBZ »

Interesting thing I noticed: in the Jeffries scene in Pennsylvania in the Missing Pieces, a number of the shots are different takes from the film. In the "I'm not gonna talk about Judy" shot there's a longer pause between the first two lines, and "We're gonna keep her out of it." is missing entirely; "Who do you think this is there?" - "this" changes to "that"; and most of the audio of Jeffries during the convenience store segment is slightly different as well. In general the takes of Jeffries used in the movie are a bit more intense, which I personally find more appealing, but I suppose getting to see multiple takes is more interesting in a way.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:Gotta say again: Laura under the fan should have stayed in the film. Mesmerizing and damn scary. Just so well done.

So do you guys think there is any fx/digital manipulation going on there? Or is it just Sheryl Lee?
Can't say for sure, but I think just Sheryl Lee. I remember reading a interview where she talked about a "rather complicated scene in the stairs". Most likely that was it.
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

hopesfall wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Yep, we never know anything about her past. Even in Cooper's tie in novel he only finds out she's an orphan, lost her parents at a very young age and ran away from the orphanage she was in. Then she disappeared until the events in Deer Meadow.
Jennifer Lynch needs to create a diary for her 8-)
Strangely enough, me and a friend agreed a while back that we wouldn't want TP continued in its narrative in any way, but one thing that would be great is more history on Theresa, the ring, and the connection to the lodges and their inhabitants. A diary would actually be a great way to do that. More on her arm going numb, her relationships with others, perhaps any strange visions/experiences she had whilst in possession of the ring. That would be fantastic, or at least i think so.

Right that's it, once i've had my fun with the blu ray set, i'm going to re-read Cooper's and Laura's respective books. This is the year of the TP revival mega-feast! :lol:
Jerry Horne wrote:K - thanks, found it!

What exactly are these easter eggs, Jerry?
Finding out more about Teresa would, at least, be continuing the Deer Meadow narrative.

This is fascinating and a great suggestion, although I would be inclined to think that Lynch could carry on a narrative along these lines with the help of Mark Frost.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:Jerry, did you see the HD footage of the Laura/James flashback in Atmospheric #6? Wonder if they found this scene? Its not in the deleted scenes.
I did. Looks like it to me. Also in that same one there is a clip of a police cruiser going over a bridge - from the Pilot? Also looks like they found some trims from the extended opening credits of episode 8. Lots of new stuff inserted into the atmospherics.
Yep, those atmospherics have some new stuff for sure. Besides all the ones mentioned so far (Red room scene from ep 29, Laura and James in their extended scene from the necklace giving, cruiser over the bridge), I also notice a shot from outside the Double R looking in with some people at the counter. I don't think I've ever seen that shot before.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by jlyon1515 »

rewak wrote:Actually going through the analysis again the shot of the church was meant to be a title card, but they didn't put the title on it so you just get this random out of place shot of a church in the scenes :P
What was the title supposed to be on this church shot then?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by jmichael »

jlyon1515 wrote:What was the title supposed to be on this church shot then?
"SUNDAY - FOUR DAYS BEFORE."
Attachments
church.JPG
church.JPG (20.16 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

jlyon1515 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:Jerry, did you see the HD footage of the Laura/James flashback in Atmospheric #6? Wonder if they found this scene? Its not in the deleted scenes.
I did. Looks like it to me. Also in that same one there is a clip of a police cruiser going over a bridge - from the Pilot? Also looks like they found some trims from the extended opening credits of episode 8. Lots of new stuff inserted into the atmospherics.
I also notice a shot from outside the Double R looking in with some people at the counter. I don't think I've ever seen that shot before.
New, but to me looks shot on video tape so I think it's from some documentary footage.

The best of the bunch is the BOB/LMFAP clip from episode 29.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM