Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by MysteryMan »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Finally someone has compiled a complete list of all the deleted scenes featured in The Missing Pieces :D

Seems we get 30 scenes in total... Yay!

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/review-t ... ng-pieces/

Only scenes not mentioned in this review which I thought for sure would be featured are the one with the One Armed Man lighting the 12 candles and Norma and Ed holding hands in the diner (in what I presume is an unscripted scene). They were previously mentioned by the official Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery website and we got to see pictures from the scenes on one of their TP Tuesdays so it is very strange if they have not been included at all unless the reviewer forgot to mention them.

Can anyone who was there confirm that they were definitely included as well?
The reviewer in question would be me. :D The Norma and Ed scene (as I recall) was part of the extended scene at the Double R where Laura is doing the Meals on Wheels. I counted that as part of that scene in my head, not something separate. He comes back to the diner after Nadine freaks out

And the One-Armed Man scene is indeed there...I just had a brain fart and forgot. It's really brief though.
Excellent! Thanks for clearing that up! These 31 scenes sound amazing, words can't describe how much I look forward to seeing them :D

In the script Norma is left alone in the diner crying after everyone has left, is at this point Ed returns to the diner?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

MysteryMan wrote: In the script Norma is left alone in the diner crying after everyone has left, is at this point Ed returns to the diner?
Yeah. And he comes in and apologizes for earlier with Nadine, and says they can get together later-setting up the scene with Ed and Norma in the back of the truck at night.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

So i'm guessing the Irene in the parking lot and Laura bumping into her neighbor whilst crying aren't present?

A little video from the premiere and after party - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=68 ... =2&theater
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote: In the script Norma is left alone in the diner crying after everyone has left, is at this point Ed returns to the diner?
Yeah. And he comes in and apologizes for earlier with Nadine, and says they can get together later-setting up the scene with Ed and Norma in the back of the truck at night.
Sound like a really great scene - even better than the scripted version :)

One more question, in scene 8 where you said "Our first scene in the town of Twin Peaks itself, where we see a longer introduction to Bobby Briggs (Dana Ashbrook) and his best friend and fellow drug dealer Mike Nelson (Gary Hershberger)", is this an extended scene of the opening Twin Peaks scene where Laura and Donna walk to school passing by Bobby and Mike hanging out in Bobby's car?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just remembered a scene were Laura puts the key into her diary. I love those moments that tie into the Pilot.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Hey there Jerry do you run the Twin Peaks Archive? Are you still working on the 'spoilers' video?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

james wrote:Hey there Jerry do you run the Twin Peaks Archive? Are you still working on the 'spoilers' video?
Yep, already deleted by CBS. I tried to help the fans but got slapped down by 'The Man'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Who's ambitious to start getting a rough list together of the cut footage from the dugpa Deleted Scenes feature that didn't make the blu-ray set? :mrgreen:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Who's ambitious to start getting a rough list together of the cut footage from the dugpa Deleted Scenes feature that didn't make the blu-ray set? :mrgreen:
I have no doubt we'll something like that after we all see the footage. From the descriptions I've read, it does seem like there are at least a handful of minor things missing, plus some of the scenes that were really cut down for the movie aren't expanded (although some are). So that rumor of 40 more minutes could have some merit. But that's true of all movies- scenes are cut down, minor things are left out, etc.

Off the top of my head, a few things I don't THINK are on there are:
Deputy Cliff at the Fat Trout.
Irene in the parking lot at Hap's.
Laura is found by the concerned neighbor.
Leland and Laura meet up with Sarah at the RR (after the run in with the OAM).

The script also featured more debauchery at Jaques' cabin, including the bit with the poker chip, and Leland raping Ronette
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

It sounds like scenes 94-101 were all missing entirely, is that correct?
http://dugpa.com/features/twin-peaks-fi ... en-part-2/
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Jerry Horne wrote:
james wrote:Hey there Jerry do you run the Twin Peaks Archive? Are you still working on the 'spoilers' video?
Yep, already deleted by CBS. I tried to help the fans but got slapped down by 'The Man'.
You run the Twin Peaks Archive?

I don't understand - I thought you would make a video talking to cam about what you saw. Why would such a thing be deleted?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Who's ambitious to start getting a rough list together of the cut footage from the dugpa Deleted Scenes feature that didn't make the blu-ray set? :mrgreen:
I have no doubt we'll something like that after we all see the footage. From the descriptions I've read, it does seem like there are at least a handful of minor things missing, plus some of the scenes that were really cut down for the movie aren't expanded (although some are). So that rumor of 40 more minutes could have some merit. But that's true of all movies- scenes are cut down, minor things are left out, etc.

Off the top of my head, a few things I don't THINK are on there are:
Deputy Cliff at the Fat Trout.
Irene in the parking lot at Hap's.
Laura is found by the concerned neighbor.
Leland and Laura meet up with Sarah at the RR (after the run in with the OAM).

The script also featured more debauchery at Jaques' cabin, including the bit with the poker chip, and Leland raping Ronette
Also:

- More conversation between Chet and Sam in the car on their way to Deer Meadow. (there's a great line where Sam asks what Gordon's tie supposed to mean in the codes and Chet says "Nothing, that's just Gordon's bad taste". Too bad that extension was left out)

- More conversation between Chet and Irene at the diner. She says she and Jack are married and mentions Teresa Banks had a friend who was also looking for a job at Hap's.

- More conversation between the agents and Carl Rodd at the trailer park. He mentions Teresa Banks had a visitor in her trailer prior to her death. Chet also finds a golf ball next to Teresa's trailer and puts inside the evidence bag. He asks Carl if there's any golf club in the area and Carl says "There's too much clubs but not enough balls" or something like that.
(I thought it was a good line, too bad it was left out too)

- More conversation between Donna and Laura while they walk to school. The usual girl talk.

- James approaches Laura in school and asks to talk to her. She says she will meet him after gym. Also, more dialogue in the "Gobble gobble" scene.
(couldn't care less about this one, as I find James really annoying and the whole "turkey in the corn" dialogue kind of stupid)

- Eileen Hayward stops by and says hello to the girls while they're lying in the living room, before they start talking about Mike, Bobby, angels etc.
(I know, totally unnecessary)

- After seeing BOB in her room, running off and talking to the concerned neighbour, Laura goes back inside to check if BOB is still there. He's not. Then she heads to Donna's house.

- Bobby and Laura drive by Pete's truck on their way to the drug deal. Pete stops by Ed's Gas Station for a chat.

- Ed and Sparky talk while they work.
(not sure if this was filmed)

These are the ones I remember and most likely won't be in the selected scenes, according to GeekBoyEric74's description.

As for the poker chip scene and Leland raping Ronette, I don't think that was filmed. I think Lynch chose to shoot the events in the cabin and in the train car differently. If you read the train car scene in the script, it's very different from what he actually shot.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

james wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
You run the Twin Peaks Archive?

I don't understand - I thought you would make a video talking to cam about what you saw. Why would such a thing be deleted?
I think he shot some of the footage they showed at the premiere and tried to upload it so we could have a taste of it. That's why CBS blocked it :wink:
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Isn't recording footage illegal and also anti-fans? I don't want to see it recorded off a screen!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

MISSING ACTION:

Leland digs into his pockets for the pages torn from Laura’s secret diary.

He tosses them and the bloody towel to the wind.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/