Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:We might have a chance with the picnic original footage, but I think it'll be footage from ep 1 not the actual pilot footage.
Can someone explain what the difference is? Is it that they shot the original video playing on the monitor for ep 1?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote: Can someone explain what the difference is? Is it that they shot the original video playing on the monitor for ep 1?
Exactly :(
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote: Can someone explain what the difference is? Is it that they shot the original video playing on the monitor for ep 1?
Thanks! Do we know if they shot/filmed the entire video? Or would there be more in the original?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Thanks! Do we know if they shot/filmed the entire video? Or would there be more in the original?
Not sure. Jerry might know this.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I think it will be cool to see the original footage of Ben & Jerry as kids as well. Always loved that little video. They did such a great job in those few images.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
There's not much more. They do a funky dance and the camera pans down to the food on the blanket.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

rewak wrote:Posted some pages back, only new material is listed as already rated material (i.e everything on the Gold set) doesn't have to be submitted again.
Oh duh, thanks for clarifying that. Do we know for sure that the Gold box deleted scenes, Lucy bumpers etc are being carried over despite being in lower than HD quality?

Are all of the "Previously on" and "Next on" segments accounted for on the new set?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

vicksvapor77 wrote: Oh duh, thanks for clarifying that. Do we know for sure that the Gold box deleted scenes, Lucy bumpers etc are being carried over despite being in lower than HD quality?

Are all of the "Previously on" and "Next on" segments accounted for on the new set?
Yep all of it.
Why the deleted scenes from the Gold Box were not restored? Original negatives are gone?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote: Oh duh, thanks for clarifying that. Do we know for sure that the Gold box deleted scenes, Lucy bumpers etc are being carried over despite being in lower than HD quality?

Yep all of it.
Why the deleted scenes from the Gold Box were not restored? Original negatives are gone?
Long gone. Like a turkey in the corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

dugpa wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:

Yep all of it.
Long gone. Like a turkey in the corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well
Tober27

Post by Tober27 »

"There is an abundance of fish in the sea but tonight I would like to speak about wood.
There are many times in the world when the phone rings and someone is inquiring about wood. This happens primarily at lumber yards, and in this case it is necessary to have a phone.
It is only natural that trees are growing and that they are made of wood.
Much happiness can come from observing a tree, and the same can be said about observing the many shapes fashioned out of wood. Quite often when we are talking about beauty we are talking about wood.
Thank you very much."

-David Lynch

Says it all, really.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Was there not a "next on" for episode 2? I guess it would be for episode 3? Noticed that was omitted.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Was there not a "next on" for episode 2? I guess it would be for episode 3? Noticed that was omitted.
All Previously On and Next On segments that originally aired are included. There was no "Next On" created after Episode 2, 7, or 27.

During repeats, ABC came up with a Next On segment for Episode 7 however, this was not found in the archives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Tober27 wrote:"There is an abundance of fish in the sea but tonight I would like to speak about wood.
There are many times in the world when the phone rings and someone is inquiring about wood. This happens primarily at lumber yards, and in this case it is necessary to have a phone.
It is only natural that trees are growing and that they are made of wood.
Much happiness can come from observing a tree, and the same can be said about observing the many shapes fashioned out of wood. Quite often when we are talking about beauty we are talking about wood.
Thank you very much."

-David Lynch

Says it all, really.
Tober27, from your 'says it all' comment is everyone here agreed that Lynch was actually making something of a joke with the above brief intro?

The whole thing reads less like one of the Log Lady intros to the show but actually like a transmission from the black lodge.

In terms of meaning, it is possible to apply ones through intuition if you like and I would say that the most relevant ones would be referring to the beauty of the woods in Twin Peaks. As voiced by Agent Cooper, of course, a fella notably absent from this premiere event, as well as Mark Frost.

Over the last couple of years, Lynch has tweeted about buying a new vintage toy phone. It is notable that Mark Frost on twitter has a profile pic of a vintage style 1930s type of phone. Does this mean anything? As more than a connection it may do...
Tober27

Post by Tober27 »

I think Lynch knows he's being a little silly when saying that, but also kind of means it. Referencing the woods in Twin Peaks or the saw mill, and that the show is art, it is beautiful. Who knows what he actually meant or was thinking.

Saying "says it all," I was kind of joking, as it can come off as absurd and meaningless, but I liked it.
Was it Jerry's youtube video? Watch it if it's still up. Seeing/hearing him give the intro is much better than reading it.