Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross - it's in there. Major Briggs is reading a bible.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote:A well known fan at the premiere said that there are 40 minutes of deleted scenes left off the box set. Take that for what it's worth.
Weird. Why would they do this.
Something tells me that was Josh something (I keep forgetting his last name) the guy who knows everything about TP. Saw him in one of the pics.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote:A well known fan at the premiere said that there are 40 minutes of deleted scenes left off the box set. Take that for what it's worth.
I wish he could have just kept that information to himself. LOL.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Huh???? FWWM scenes? Or Series scenes?
FWWM.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Ross - it's in there. Major Briggs is reading a bible.
Thanks Jerry! Weird it hasn't been mentioned. Will be nice to see the wonderful Don Davis again. He is missed.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Jerry was this scene shot?

Buck does an Indian whoop in Laura's face. Laura freezes in horror.

131. FLASHBACK: THE RED ROOM

The Man From Another Place (The Arm) yodels.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Huh???? FWWM scenes? Or Series scenes?
FWWM.
Hmmm... I honestly find this very hard to believe. Considering that virtually everything from the script, or known to have been shot, seems to be accounted for, what else could there be? 40 minutes of unscripted material? Not having seen the Missing Pieces yet, I'm not sure if some of the longer scenes that were cut down in the final film are in there, so some of it could be that.

Or it could be he's just bullshitting. Just trying to keep the mystique of TP and unseen stuff alive.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Well given the persistent rumor that there's around 5 hours worth of material for FWWM it would certainly be plausible that we don't have everything, not to mention Davids general attitude towards deleted material. If he couldn't restore it and edit it into a movie-like experience they wouldn't be there, and having that movie be longer to or equal than the movie it's meant to companion probably wasn't on the cards. Irritating if true yes but at least MK2 aren't in charge of it all anymore, so the hope of seeing anything else is there (cause they can always do something without Davids involvement, sometimes i wonder if they should have done that from the start....)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:

I don't recall seeing it but I could be wrong. It may have passed me by. We do see the LMFAP doing the Indian hand gesture in the lodge but perhaps that was an extended scene.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote: Hmmm... I honestly find this very hard to believe. Considering that virtually everything from the script, or known to have been shot, seems to be accounted for, what else could there be? 40 minutes of unscripted material? Not having seen the Missing Pieces yet, I'm not sure if some of the longer scenes that were cut down in the final film are in there, so some of it could be that.

Or it could be he's just bullshitting. Just trying to keep the mystique of TP and unseen stuff alive.
Also, don't forget... it could be there's a lot of stuff from the original rough cut that didn't get fixed/released, that would never get fixed/released anyway. It may consist of things like when a few lines of dialogue get snipped out of a scene (scenes in the theatrical cut and also deleted scenes from The Missing Pieces). Little things like that, if you added them all up, could easily be 40 minutes or more.

But those are little things that we could never reasonably expect to see unless Lynch were actually going to just fix the entire rough cut, as-is, and put it out there. And we know that ain't gonna happen.

I'd be really surprised if this person is talking about 40 minutes worth of legitimate scenes that are being withheld for some reason.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Jerry Horne wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:

I don't recall seeing it but I could be wrong. It may have passed me by. We do see the LMFAP doing the Indian hand gesture in the lodge but perhaps that was an extended scene.
Hope it's there, it's my favorite aspect of that scene :(
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote: Or it could be he's just bullshitting. Just trying to keep the mystique of TP and unseen stuff alive.
Or maybe cracking a joke. Like "Now that we got what we wanted, there's still 40 minutes we need to fight for. The fight never ends"
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry, was the extended scene with Desmond and Stanley talking to Carl Rodd included? In the script there is a lot more dialogue to the scene and also deputy Cliff Howard shows up. Also was the dinner scene with Sarah and Laura on her last evening included where she says she hates asparagus?
Last edited by MysteryMan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Ross wrote: Hmmm... I honestly find this very hard to believe. Considering that virtually everything from the script, or known to have been shot, seems to be accounted for, what else could there be? 40 minutes of unscripted material? Not having seen the Missing Pieces yet, I'm not sure if some of the longer scenes that were cut down in the final film are in there, so some of it could be that.

Also, don't forget... it could be there's a lot of stuff from the original rough cut that didn't get fixed/released, that would never get fixed/released anyway. It may consist of things like when a few lines of dialogue get snipped out of a scene (scenes in the theatrical cut and also deleted scenes from The Missing Pieces). Little things like that, if you added them all up, could easily be 40 minutes or more.

But those are little things that we could never reasonably expect to see unless Lynch were actually going to just fix the entire rough cut, as-is, and put it out there. And we know that ain't gonna happen.

I'd be really surprised if this person is talking about 40 minutes worth of legitimate scenes that are being withheld for some reason.
Right! Multiple takes, deleted lines of dialogue, tightening up pacing, etc. All that could add up to 40 mins. But you can say that of any movie, right?

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote: Or it could be he's just bullshitting. Just trying to keep the mystique of TP and unseen stuff alive.
Or maybe cracking a joke. Like "Now that we got what we wanted, there's still 40 minutes we need to fight for. The fight never ends"
Exactly!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

MysteryMan wrote:
Jerry, was the extended scene with Desmond and Stanley talking to Carl Rodd included? In the script there is a lot more dialogue to the scene and also deputy Cliff Howard shows up.
I don't recall seeing Harry Dean Stanton. Hope I just didn't forget.