Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

The scenes regarding Deer Meadow, Laura, the Black Lodge inhabitants and the post series scenes are the ones I'm most eager to see.
The other stuff (Pete, Lucy, Josie, Harry, Andy etc) it'll be fun to see but it's not a priority. I hope they don't take too much of the 90 minutes :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry, do you remember if the scene where Laura was crying in the grass, and the neighbor lady finds her was in there?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Donna reaches forward to the front dash and turns the radio up full blast.
Buck and Tommy start to whoop and yodel like cowboys.

I guess that scene was omitted too since that reviewer talked about Norma & Ed radio song but not this one :(
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

MysteryMan wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Ross - it's in there. Major Briggs is reading a bible.
Jerry, was the extended scene with Desmond and Stanley talking to Carl Rodd included? In the script there is a lot more dialogue to the scene and also deputy Cliff Howard shows up. Also was the dinner scene with Sarah and Laura on her last evening included where she says she hates asparagus?
No to the former, yes to the later.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:Jerry, do you remember if the scene where Laura was crying in the grass, and the neighbor lady finds her was in there?
I only remember a scene where she sees Leland from the bushes and he seems to stare at her and perhaps see her.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:Jerry, do you remember if the scene where Laura was crying in the grass, and the neighbor lady finds her was in there?
I only remember a scene where she sees Leland from the bushes and he seems to stare at her and perhaps see her.
Hmm... Then perhaps there really was some stuff left off. As that was filmed. We shall see!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Hmm... Then perhaps there really was some stuff left off. As that was filmed. We shall see!

Hopefully I'm not forgetting. It was an overwhelming day :)

Oh, there's a great scene of Laura at the Hayward's house and the Doc wonders why her parents don't let her smoke but he's a doctor and he let's her smoke at his house. Nice scene. The funniest line belongs to Gordon Cole in the Bowie office scene and that's all I'm saying! Truth is I forgot but it got a huge laugh.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

As someone who works in film (as I'm sure some of you do, too!), I know that you wind up at the end of a film shoot with A LOT of extra junk that never sees the light of day, and really isn't ALL that interesting to anyone. So those 20 alleged minutes might just be that and we might not be really missing much of anything. I'm assuming these 91 minutes are the things that Lynch wants us to see, and that's ok with me! And it sounds like he did a lot of work to get them to us, and I'll be forever grateful to him for that.

(P.S. - Can someone please explain Josh Eisenstadt to me? Who is he and how is he so close to the show, all of the cast & crew, etc.? I've seen him at every single TP event, and he usually seems to have close relationships with all the guests and VIPs, etc. Nothing against him obviously, just curious what the big connection is!)

Thank you SO, SO much to those of you who were there who have given such great reports, photos, etc. I was so deeply bummed to have missed the event (it was 2 blocks away from my apartment!), but all of this helps to at least give me a good mental pic of what the evening must have been like, and only whets my appetite even more for those blu rays!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Hopefully I'm not forgetting. It was an overwhelming day :)
I can imagine!! So cool!

Even if there are a few scenes missing that were shot, I certainly have no complaints! After all this time I had lost hope in seeing ANY of them. And even back when they first attempted to include some, it was only going to be a handful of them. Now it seems like its the vast majority. Which is beyond amazing. So grateful to Lynch for all the work he must have put into this, and to all others involved (including Dugpa).

All of this has to be gratifying to Lynch in a way too. The response so far has been overwhelmingly positive, very much the polar opposite of 1992.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Oh and also, did they screen the Lynch/Palmer family interview, as well afterwards? How was that?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

qbin2001 wrote: Time to finally buy Bluray player LOL :roll:
Yeah, I always said that I have no need for a Blu-ray player unless something like the deleted scenes from Fire Walk with Me gets released only on Blu-ray.

Now it's happening and I have just bought and installed a brand do Blu-ray player and my first HD television ever (I've been using my almost 20 years old CRT until now).
I have also pre-ordered the Twin Peaks box set, of course, so I'm all set up for the biggest movie related thing I've ever wanted to see.

This is HUGE!

I kinda want to avoid any spoilers, but I don't think I have the needed self-control for it. I think I'm gonna eat up everything I can before the release.

Big thanks to Jerry Horne and Agent Sam Stanley for showing us those pics from the premiere! I'm absorbing this thing in my veins!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

TheArm wrote: (P.S. - Can someone please explain Josh Eisenstadt to me? Who is he and how is he so close to the show, all of the cast & crew, etc.? I've seen him at every single TP event, and he usually seems to have close relationships with all the guests and VIPs, etc. Nothing against him obviously, just curious what the big connection is!)
Eisenstadt!! That's his last name. I always forget that lol

I have no idea what his connection is. He was at the 2001 TP Fan Festival (the only one I ever attended) and he was taking us to the filming locations and providing all sorts of trivia about the sites and TP in general. I think he was the one responsible for finding some of the exact locations, like the spot Bobby shot Cliff Howard and Laura & James final moment.
He also had this album full of pictures with every single person ever involved in TP and pictures in some rare filming locations like Jacques cabin and the train car (the original one).
So I assume he has TP as a passion for a very long time.

When Jerry said a well known fan said there's 40 minutes of scenes still missing, he was the one that came to my mind.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TheArm wrote:Oh and also, did they screen the Lynch/Palmer family interview, as well afterwards? How was that?

Yes and it was great but hard to compete with the deleted scenes :)
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry Horne wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Ross - it's in there. Major Briggs is reading a bible.
Jerry, was the extended scene with Desmond and Stanley talking to Carl Rodd included? In the script there is a lot more dialogue to the scene and also deputy Cliff Howard shows up. Also was the dinner scene with Sarah and Laura on her last evening included where she says she hates asparagus?
No to the former, yes to the later.
That's a shame as I believe that would have been truly a great scene, some very funny lines there. Nonetheless what we do get is more than I could ever have dreamt of and it is going to be so unreal to sit watching these twenty-something scenes :)
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
TheArm wrote: (P.S. - Can someone please explain Josh Eisenstadt to me? Who is he and how is he so close to the show, all of the cast & crew, etc.? I've seen him at every single TP event, and he usually seems to have close relationships with all the guests and VIPs, etc. Nothing against him obviously, just curious what the big connection is!)
Eisenstadt!! That's his last name. I always forget that lol

I have no idea what his connection is. He was at the 2001 TP Fan Festival (the only one I ever attended) and he was taking us to the filming locations and providing all sorts of trivia about the sites and TP in general. I think he was the one responsible for finding some of the exact locations, like the spot Bobby shot Cliff Howard and Laura & James final moment.
He also had this album full of pictures with every single person ever involved in TP and pictures in some rare filming locations like Jacques cabin and the train car (the original one).
So I assume he has TP as a passion for a very long time.

When Jerry said a well known fan said there's 40 minutes of scenes still missing, he was the one that came to my mind.
He's a fan who has built up relentless connections with cast/crew. His parents ran the Fest for a few years.