Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by MysteryMan »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:For a minute I thought that was Jurgen Prochnow in a different outfit
How weird is it that Prochnow is in the opening credits for his mere seconds of screen time?
A friend of mine said the same thing about Heather Graham. The theatrical version shows her for like, half a minute :D
I think it was more a matter of celebrity status rather than actual screen time as both actors were relatively well known...
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:For a minute I thought that was Jurgen Prochnow in a different outfit
How weird is it that Prochnow is in the opening credits for his mere seconds of screen time?
Same for Norma though (and her only in long-shot!). At least they had lines and were characters that people knew. Prochnow is unrecognizable, onscreen for a second, and has no lines. For a while I was like, who is this? Who does he play?[/quote]

I once read a theory that he was the log lady's husband. I liked it so much, I decided that it's true :D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Full introduction with Ken Ross (CBS Home Video) and David Lynch:

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry Horne wrote:Full introduction with Ken Ross (CBS Home Video) and David Lynch:

Great video, you can literally feel the excitement in the room... How I wish that video had gone on for just a bit longer though....! :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Thanks Jerry! So I take it the people he read off were all there? Ron Garcia, Johanna Ray, etc.? VERY cool.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:Thanks Jerry! So I take it the people he read off were all there? Ron Garcia, Johanna Ray, etc.? VERY cool.
Yep!
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

Thank you so much for that video! I already commented on the YouTube video, but that Lynch introduction really came off as a Log Lady intro for FWWM.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Fire wrote:...that Lynch introduction really came off as a Log Lady intro for FWWM.
SO true!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote:Full introduction with Ken Ross (CBS Home Video) and David Lynch:

Thanks for sharing that Jerry. That's so David Lynch isn't it? :lol:

Ken Ross didn't mention Victor Rivers name, so I think he wasn't there after all. Maybe Variety got it wrong.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Austin Lynch was at the premiere as well.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Finally someone has compiled a complete list of all the deleted scenes featured in The Missing Pieces :D

Seems we get 30 scenes in total... Yay!

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/review-t ... ng-pieces/

Only scenes not mentioned in this review which I thought for sure would be featured are the one with the One Armed Man lighting the 12 candles and Norma and Ed holding hands in the diner (in what I presume is an unscripted scene). They were previously mentioned by the official Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery website and we got to see pictures from the scenes on one of their TP Tuesdays so it is very strange if they have not been included at all unless the reviewer forgot to mention them.

Can anyone who was there confirm that they were definitely included as well?
Last edited by MysteryMan on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

MysteryMan wrote: Only scenes not mentioned in this review is the one with the One Armed Man lighting the 12 candles and Norma and Ed holding hands in the diner (in what I presume is an unscripted scene). I believe they were mentioned by the official Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery website and we got to see pictures from the scenes on one of their TP Tuesdays so it is very strange if they have not been included at all unless the reviewer forgot to mention them :lol:

Would like to know that too.
Also, by the way he described the 30 scenes doesn't look like 1 hour and a half at all. If I had to guess I'd say 40 mins tops :lol:
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

MysteryMan wrote:Finally someone has compiled a complete list of all the deleted scenes featured in The Missing Pieces :D

Only scenes not mentioned in this review which I thought for sure would be featured are the one with the One Armed Man lighting the 12 candles and Norma and Ed holding hands in the diner (in what I presume is an unscripted scene).
A quick shot of the One Armed Man lighting candles in his deleted scene was also shown at the start of the 2:45 commercial for the BluRay box set, so it'd be mighty weird if it's left off. I hope the reviewer just forgot to include it in the list.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

I was hoping to see the scenes with Irene in the parking lot and Laura with her neighbor since they were both filmed, shame if they aren't there (although it would match this 'super fans' comment about there being more material left)
Jerry Horne wrote:Uploaded something to YouTube and CBS removed it :)
YouTubes becoming kinda useless, a lot of stuff gets taken down automatically without the rights holder ever seeing it sometimes even on official channels, yet they still use that broken ass auto-detection system they got going :roll: It's a shame it's the widest used video site, but you could register a Vimeo account for the archive and put videos up there.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

MysteryMan wrote:Finally someone has compiled a complete list of all the deleted scenes featured in The Missing Pieces :D

Seems we get 30 scenes in total... Yay!

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/review-t ... ng-pieces/

Only scenes not mentioned in this review which I thought for sure would be featured are the one with the One Armed Man lighting the 12 candles and Norma and Ed holding hands in the diner (in what I presume is an unscripted scene). They were previously mentioned by the official Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery website and we got to see pictures from the scenes on one of their TP Tuesdays so it is very strange if they have not been included at all unless the reviewer forgot to mention them.

The reviewer in question would be me. :D The Norma and Ed scene (as I recall) was part of the extended scene at the Double R where Laura is doing the Meals on Wheels. I counted that as part of that scene in my head, not something separate. He comes back to the diner after Nadine freaks out

And the One-Armed Man scene is indeed there...I just had a brain fart and forgot. It's really brief though.