Ross wrote: vicksvapor77 wrote:
Who's ambitious to start getting a rough list together of the cut footage from the dugpa Deleted Scenes feature that didn't make the blu-ray set?
I have no doubt we'll something like that after we all see the footage. From the descriptions I've read, it does seem like there are at least a handful of minor things missing, plus some of the scenes that were really cut down for the movie aren't expanded (although some are). So that rumor of 40 more minutes could have some merit. But that's true of all movies- scenes are cut down, minor things are left out, etc.
Off the top of my head, a few things I don't THINK are on there are:
Deputy Cliff at the Fat Trout.
Irene in the parking lot at Hap's.
Laura is found by the concerned neighbor.
Leland and Laura meet up with Sarah at the RR (after the run in with the OAM).
The script also featured more debauchery at Jaques' cabin, including the bit with the poker chip, and Leland raping Ronette
Also:- More conversation between Chet and Sam in the car on their way to Deer Meadow.
(there's a great line where Sam asks what Gordon's tie supposed to mean in the codes and Chet says "Nothing, that's just Gordon's bad taste". Too bad that extension was left out)
- More conversation between Chet and Irene at the diner. She says she and Jack are married and mentions Teresa Banks had a friend who was also looking for a job at Hap's.
- More conversation between the agents and Carl Rodd at the trailer park. He mentions Teresa Banks had a visitor in her trailer prior to her death. Chet also finds a golf ball next to Teresa's trailer and puts inside the evidence bag. He asks Carl if there's any golf club in the area and Carl says "There's too much clubs but not enough balls" or something like that.
(I thought it was a good line, too bad it was left out too)
- More conversation between Donna and Laura while they walk to school. The usual girl talk.
- James approaches Laura in school and asks to talk to her. She says she will meet him after gym. Also, more dialogue in the "Gobble gobble" scene.
(couldn't care less about this one, as I find James really annoying and the whole "turkey in the corn" dialogue kind of stupid)
- Eileen Hayward stops by and says hello to the girls while they're lying in the living room, before they start talking about Mike, Bobby, angels etc.
(I know, totally unnecessary) - After seeing BOB in her room, running off and talking to the concerned neighbour, Laura goes back inside to check if BOB is still there. He's not. Then she heads to Donna's house.
- Bobby and Laura drive by Pete's truck on their way to the drug deal. Pete stops by Ed's Gas Station for a chat.
- Ed and Sparky talk while they work.
(not sure if this was filmed)
These are the ones I remember and most likely won't be in the selected scenes, according to GeekBoyEric74's description.
As for the poker chip scene and Leland raping Ronette, I don't think that was filmed. I think Lynch chose to shoot the events in the cabin and in the train car differently. If you read the train car scene in the script, it's very different from what he actually shot.